Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I needed a good laugh today! :laugh:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Are you sure he wasn't a stand-up comedian?

Was the speaker LOLstig?
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy. That's priceless! I was reading down thinking 'sort of, bit extreme, well ... ish, What the hell!?"

(You can guess where I started to say that!)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me that you all think you are smarter than a doctor........Tell me what kind of medical degrees you have please.....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    What kind of doctor is he? I understand that anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist" without any credentials.

I would be skeptical of his information, especially since he seems to be selling something. Was there any scientific results backing up his claims?

Oh ye of little faith...... "xxxxxxxx D.C., A.C.N. is a Chiropractor and Applied Clinical Nutritionist who specializes in weight loss through nutrition and other natural methods" There are also lots of testimonials on his site so he must know what he's doing.

He doesn't know jack. That was a thoroughly broscience list of 'facts' about diet. You only burn fat at night? REALLY??? Tell that to my body the next time I run 20 miles...:ohwell:

You don't know better than a doctor!

:laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

He's a doctor.......and a nutritionist.

Sounds like the oncologist who does the paleo food challenges at my boss's cf box. She's an expert on nutrition because she treats cancer patients. :noway:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    3lcd.jpg
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

He's a doctor.......and a nutritionist.

Sounds like the oncologist who does the paleo food challenges at my boss's cf box. She's an expert on nutrition because she treats cancer patients. :noway:

this guy actually had cancer. A form of melanoma that starts on the inside......The doctors gave him 3 months but he gave up sugar that day and is still living many years later. He is actually the first survivor of this form of cancer. It is because cancer actually feeds on sugar.
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I have parasites, then it seems like I should be losing weight at a much faster rate than I currently am. Lazy *kitten* tapeworms.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    seriously, what was the Q&A session like?
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The only way to bring your life back into balance now is to drink raspberry ketones for the next 365 days in a row! ;-)
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    It's funny to me that you all think you are smarter than a doctor........Tell me what kind of medical degrees you have please.....

Meh, your doctor doesn't have one either.

The truly sad part about that list is that there are plenty of half truths that make much of it almost believable.

Take, for example, that everyone has parasites in their gut. What we don't have is an overgrowth of any one particular kind.

Worse, we have parasites on our skin! (Maybe he sells soemthing for that!)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I love those speakers!!! It gives me time to level up on candy crush while getting paid for it!
  • jchadden42
    Options
    He sells one in his office
  • brad2021hk
    Options

Meh, your doctor doesn't have one either.

The truly sad part about that list is that there are plenty of half truths that make much of it almost believable.

Take, for example, that everyone has parasites in their gut. What we don't have is an overgrowth of any one particular kind.

Worse, we have parasites on our skin! (Maybe he sells soemthing for that!)

I once heard the weight of the gut bacteria can add up to several pounds. How can I kill it all dead and realize this hidden weight loss? That would really going to ramp up that sustainable 10 pounds/week I'm expecting from cutting out carbs.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a two time cancer survivor and none of my doctors every told me stuff like this. I would love to know who his doctors where. Mine were a team at Slone Kettering in New York City. Also with my second bout, they gave me 6 months to live, 3 months of quality life and 3 month of HELL. But I am still here 12 years later. Long windily what I am trying to get at is just please DON’T buy his product he sounds like a salesmen and nothing else. Do your own research!!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    If I have parasites, then it seems like I should be losing weight at a much faster rate than I currently am. Lazy *kitten* tapeworms.

You and me both. We must have the wrong kinds of parasites.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Always good to research a company so you can weigh how many times the FDA has sanctioned them and why.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

Ding Ding Ding!

Is he a Beachbody coach too?