Guest Speaker today at my work - what I learned

Options

Replies

• sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

I sleep every day, at night. I try to get 8 hrs - that's 1/3 of my life. And I sleep well so I must spend a good amount of that in a deep sleep. So why am I still fat? I guess I should skip my morning exercise and get an extra hour of sleep since exercise isn't going to burn my fat!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery.

This is the same trick (and yes, it is a trick) that those "magic bracelet" people use. Go look up applied kinesiology.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/09/23/power-balance-magical-energy-bracelets-or-nonsense/

That's completely different. That "trick" has to do with balance and could be easily manipulated. The example I saw was based on strength alone with less room for tricks.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

I sleep every day, at night. I try to get 8 hrs - that's 1/3 of my life. And I sleep well so I must spend a good amount of that in a deep sleep. So why am I still fat? I guess I should skip my morning exercise and get an extra hour of sleep since exercise isn't going to burn my fat!

Sounds like it might be a decent idea?
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    maybe he's the same trainer that did a stress seminar at my job. he provided subway but then was saying how all fast food is bad (yeah buddy have you read the ingredients in subway?), that vegetarians are very unhealthy people and that the way to go is meal replacement shakes all meals except dinner, which should be the same thing every night :laugh:

vegetarian here for over a decade and my blood work is always fantastic
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    thanks for the update OP - it must have been very entertaining! :laugh:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery...

Wow, it's magic! Sounds like a sideshow act or an old school tent revival. Did he sell any snake oil while he was there? :huh:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know what type of company hires speakers like this and why they hired them. And I'd also love to know what category of speaker he falls into.
  • mrsbloveleigh
    mrsbloveleigh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! My mom talked me into going to someone EXACTLY like this for about a month. Every single time the woman spoke to me, my BS meter would go off. My mom is still going to her. She's lost a lot of weight, yes, but the problem is, you're supposed to look better when you lose weight. My mom looks like she's dying and it's starting to freak me out.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Wow! My mom talked me into going to someone EXACTLY like this for about a month. Every single time the woman spoke to me, my BS meter would go off. My mom is still going to her. She's lost a lot of weight, yes, but the problem is, you're supposed to look better when you lose weight. My mom looks like she's dying and it's starting to freak me out.

Maybe you have just never seen her really healthy? What about her looks like she is dying? What kind of BS did you feel the woman was telling you? How is your mother losing weight?
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Doubters should totally watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYHzWSMV-hI
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

So we can assume you are not a government employee :)
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My in-laws follow this guy. Everything you listed is exactly what they do & & they are both obese!
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Joint pain is from your diet?? I have lupus which is a auto immune disease that attacks your joints causing painful joints, I don't think my joint pain is caused from my diet.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    My in-laws follow this guy. Everything you listed is exactly what they do & & they are both obese!

How long have they been doing it? How many supplements are they taking? They don't eat any processed food and eat < 9 grams of sugar per day and are obese.....That's seems crazy.....
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Joint pain is from your diet?? I have lupus which is a auto immune disease that attacks your joints causing painful joints, I don't think my joint pain is caused from my diet.

He did say that some auto-immune conditions are exceptions.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

"getting the food digested is the key, is the stomach doesn't function then it's a problem" great video, he is something.
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options

Bailed out a 4:38. That's so much BS.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    LOL OP! :laugh:
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    At least you got to sit around and be entertained instead of working! Bright side!