Guest Speaker today at my work - what I learned

Options

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Every time I see your name, I hear Book of Love's "I Touch Roses" in my head.
    /hijack

Hi Jac! :laugh:

I like you...imma call you "cupcake"
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    /hijack

:flowerforyou:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Hey R---> how you doin'? My snow man is smiling.....just for you! (Truthfully, getting tired of shoveling Frosty's relatives)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm really sorry if you posted this for real, but I can't take it seriously. I mean...so many things...you don't need a medical degree to get what he said...please! use your common sense! Do you really believe that an actual Dr. would "diagnose and cure" someone by pushing on their arm or back? seriously? and the thyroid thing....wow.
    The only knowledge that guy has is on how to manipulate and con people, and apparently he's amazing at it!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm really sorry if you posted this for real, but I can't take it seriously. I mean...so many things...you don't need a medical degree to get what he said...please! use your common sense! Do you really believe that an actual Dr. would "diagnose and cure" someone by pushing on their arm or back? seriously? and the thyroid thing....wow.
    The only knowledge that guy has is on how to manipulate and con people, and apparently he's amazing at it!

Maybe you need to spend some more time studying applied kinesiology.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i suck
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    grr
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Maybe you need to spend some more time studying applied kinesiology.
    Done.
    " Current evidence does not support the use of applied kinesiology for diagnosis of any illness."
    And that's that.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    /hijack

You had me at "imma"
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I SO SO SO want this to be real!

Made me laugh, at least!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    4 - Actually.....all grains are bad. It's a worthless food group and every grain should be considered a dessert

Disappointing dessert is disappointing.
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    7 pages of comments? Guyyyysss OP is a troll, and a successful one at that. This is the same person who posted last week asking for photos of women aged 20-30 in lingerie for "comparison" yet their profile pic is a sundae and their profile is private. "Hey give me pics of yourself in your undies for, you know, science. Also here is a long list of bull**** about something some "doctor/nutritionist" said". Seems legit.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    7 pages of comments? Guyyyysss OP is a troll, and a successful one at that. This is the same person who posted last week asking for photos of women aged 20-30 in lingerie for "comparison" yet their profile pic is a sundae and their profile is private. "Hey give me pics of yourself in your undies for, you know, science. Also here is a long list of bull**** about something some "doctor/nutritionist" said". Seems legit.

1. Most of us are familiar with the OP.

2. Did you actually read the replies in this thread?
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You know, he's right about sugar. There was an interesting article on the hidden sugar in everything we eat on NPR last night.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,638 Member
    Options
    1 - The adrenal glands handle all stress and they can't distinguish between physical and mental stress. Being stressed releases cortisol which makes you store belly fat.

2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

3 - Sugar is bad.....awful....Wheat bread should be considered a dessert because it is a 71 on the glycemic index

4 - Actually.....all grains are bad. It's a worthless food group and every grain should be considered a dessert

5 - You have to eat 25 apples today to get the same nutritional value from one apple in the 1940s.

6 - Cereal companies take all nutrients out of the grain and then spray it with 6 synthetic vitamins and minerals....that's what enriched and fortified means.

7 - You really need to watch carbs and sugars. Calories don't really mean anything. All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) say your body doesn't really know calories....It just knows hormones.

8 - You should only eat a max of 72g of carbs and 9g sugar per day.

At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery.

9 - Everyone needs 5 supplements....He went through it so quickly I didn't catch them all but they included multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and fish oil....along with two others.

10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

11 - Joint pain is pretty much always caused from poor nutrition.

12 - Detoxing is great but only if you are up for it. You need to eat right and exercise first before starting your full body cleanse. He did a detox once when his body wasn't ready and ended up with hyperthyroidism. He started eating right though and it fixed itself.

13 - You should only eat 3-4 oz. of protein at a time. Any more than 4 oz. and the remainder is immediately stored as fat instead.

14 - Juicing is great....watch the fruits though. Only 3.33 C (max) fruit per day and 10C vegetables per day (min)

15 - If you are trying to lose weight eat your fruit late at night before you go to bed so you can burn off all the fruit sugar while you sleep.....Otherwise you have to burn the fruit sugar off first when you exercise.

16 - You should do a parasite protocol every year because 9-10 people have parasites inside of them.

TL;DR

Hey, anyone else have a strange urge for some pizza and ice cream?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I think I need an Advil after reading that.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    1 - The adrenal glands handle all stress and they can't distinguish between physical and mental stress. Being stressed releases cortisol which makes you store belly fat.

2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

3 - Sugar is bad.....awful....Wheat bread should be considered a dessert because it is a 71 on the glycemic index

5 - You have to eat 25 apples today to get the same nutritional value from one apple in the 1940s.

6 - Cereal companies take all nutrients out of the grain and then spray it with 6 synthetic vitamins and minerals....that's what enriched and fortified means.

7 - You really need to watch carbs and sugars. Calories don't really mean anything. All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) say your body doesn't really know calories....It just knows hormones.

8 - You should only eat a max of 72g of carbs and 9g sugar per day.

At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery.

9 - Everyone needs 5 supplements....He went through it so quickly I didn't catch them all but they included multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and fish oil....along with two others.

10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

11 - Joint pain is pretty much always caused from poor nutrition.

12 - Detoxing is great but only if you are up for it. You need to eat right and exercise first before starting your full body cleanse. He did a detox once when his body wasn't ready and ended up with hyperthyroidism. He started eating right though and it fixed itself.

13 - You should only eat 3-4 oz. of protein at a time. Any more than 4 oz. and the remainder is immediately stored as fat instead.

14 - Juicing is great....watch the fruits though. Only 3.33 C (max) fruit per day and 10C vegetables per day (min)

15 - If you are trying to lose weight eat your fruit late at night before you go to bed so you can burn off all the fruit sugar while you sleep.....Otherwise you have to burn the fruit sugar off first when you exercise.

16 - You should do a parasite protocol every year because 9-10 people have parasites inside of them.

TL;DR

Hey, anyone else have a strange urge for some pizza and ice cream?

That's not strange, that's normal for me. :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Hey R---> how you doin'? My snow man is smiling.....just for you! (Truthfully, getting tired of shoveling Frosty's relatives)

tumblr_li9zsskofj1qz6g3w_zps96ff1c88.gif
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I hope you asked lots of questions to find out how to fix your liver.
    Reading that made me laugh, thanks!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...and how did I miss this originally???