your worse or humiliating experience when fat?

Options

Replies

• SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    They could not lock the seat when I was on an amusement ride. My wife and kids had already been locked in and I couldn't ride with them.
  • ErynV15
    ErynV15 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There are so many.. but one that sticks out is from when I was younger, around 14 or so. I was never obese, but I had some extra pounds on me for sure. I was out to eat with family on a Sunday and as I was eating, my Grandma said "Eryn, your rolls are hanging out." It devastated me and I still think of it to this day.

Also, when I was younger, I had friends who made fun of me for being chubby. When they'd be over at my house and I'd approach them, or maybe walk up the stairs to meet them, they'd put their arms out beside them in a curved motion, insinuating how wide and round I was.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I tried Alli :indifferent:
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My family were commenting on my weight-gain behind my back when my little cousin (3yrs old) overheard and started saying "amy fat" over and over. The worse part though was my aunty encouraging it and other relatives finding it hilarious.

That is just terrible, what is WRONG with people?
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I was driving with the windows down and stopped at a stoplight when I heard something coming from the car next to me. There were two guys in their 20s in the car next to mine and they were looking at me saying "moo!!" When I instinctively looked over, they said "How's it going cow?" and mooed at me until the light changed. I was so devastated that it crushed my self esteem and made things worse for me for a while. People can be so cruel. That experience just sticks with me. So simple, but so traumatic.

I cannot even read this anymore, it's making me hate people.
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think the worst thing for me was being yelled at out of cars. It happened to me again and again and again from the time i was a teenager. Just so...public and shaming and hurtful and embarrassing. One time I was even pushing my newborn in a stroller, but that didn't stop someone from mooing out of their car and screaming at me to move over so they had room to drive by (I was on the sidewalk).

I never knew what it is about me that seems to invite people to scream at me about how horrible I am while I am just trying to live my life. :(
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just this past weekend actually. My husband who is my best friend and has loved me no matter what size I am told me that I was no longer attractive to him. That he was sick of my weight, and that our daughter was embarrased by me and has to defend me when people ask her if her mom is "the fat mom"

Suffice to say, any past insults by strangers and "well meaning friends" became moot.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Just this past weekend actually. My husband who is my best friend and has loved me no matter what size I am told me that I was no longer attractive to him. That he was sick of my weight, and that our daughter was embarrased by me and has to defend me when people ask her if her mom is "the fat mom"

Suffice to say, any past insults by strangers and "well meaning friends" became moot.

I am so sorry! That is terrible.
  • mahoneycab
    mahoneycab Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @eddieeats I hope it was in that moment you broke up with her. She sounds like a horrible human being! Gah it made me furious reading your story. All those ladies in class including your ex-gf are *kitten*. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    having a stranger come up to me and rub my belly and ask me when the baby is due
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    "she can actually fit nicely in the back seat"

my ex bf to me about his new gf and his new car....I cried for at least a week he had never ever said anything mean to me before like that soo yeah

about 8 months later he saw me and ended up msging me to tell me that he was sorry for saying that and that I am honestly one of the most gorgeous women he has ever known

*z snap*

I had other humiliating things happen like being laughed at by sales people in clothing stores , being moo'd at while in food courts and yeah
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options

wow....just...wow....what planet is he from to ever think that is an appropriate thing to say to your wife. my husband would have a serious talking to if he ever said that to me.
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

wow....just...wow....what planet is he from to ever think that is an appropriate thing to say to your wife. my husband would have a serious talking to if he ever said that to me.

Actually, I've barely spoken to him since....

However, on the other hand, at least he had the balls to be honest.....

He knows he hurt me deeply. I don't know maybe I needed to hear it......:brokenheart:

What's actually worse is what it's doing to my 10 year old daughter. What kind of an example am I setting for her??
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Over Christmas break my husband, kids, and I went to visit family. I went shopping in stores with family that market to smaller women, and I could tell people were looking at me. My in laws made comments "nicely" about how I should lose weight. Then on a date with my husband he had a long conversation with me about how I carry my weight well, but I would be so much more attractive if I would lose weight.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options

:noway:

I never had any terrible experience like some of you.
    I got "the looks", yes, that's why I never joined a Gym or went swimming for a very long time.
    My turning point somehow several month before I really started with weight loss was a trip to Northern Ireland.
    We were walking around places, the weather was beautiful and we enjoyed ourselves.
    However, when we came to the Carrick-a-ride rope bridge, we were so exhausted, we decided not to even go close.
    Hubby and I didn't say it, but I know we both were just to exhausted for another 500m walk and somehow had the feeling the bridge wouldn't carry us.
    I was so embarrassed of us and specially myself, that I had it let come that far.
    It took some month to sink in but now I am here and a good friend supports me were she can.
    Hubby is not so far mind wise, but is getting there eventually, but supports me and let me do what I need to. :flowerforyou:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm going to go with either asking if I'm pregnant or some stranger shouting that I'm a fatass on Halloween when I wasn't near or facing them.
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My worst comment "You're pregnant are you having a girl or a boy"?

I have this happen to me many times. Especially at the grocery store with the Checkout lady would be so embarrassed that I would just be like nothing happened but inside I was screaming with misery!
  • IrshRnr56
    IrshRnr56 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is so mean!! There are some jerky people out there.
  • Tifftiff321
    Tifftiff321 Posts: 61
    Options
    Was at summer camp eating and these guys were laughing and I looked up they were pointing at me and mocking how I was eating (trying to say I was eating fast) to this day I feel VERY uncomfortable eating around men. It's ok though cause I look better then them now lol
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When my high school crush never asked me out because I wasn't thin like other girls even though he liked me.