your worse or humiliating experience when fat?

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This is nuts... friends and family are supposed to be your biggest supporters..

unless your obese - then that teasing is prob just them trying to save your life.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I get asked if I'm having a boy or a girl....
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Also when I was a teenager I got pretty skinny through restrictive eating and everybody told me how good I looked, how awesome my legs were etc. and I remember multiple comments along the lines of "You look so good like this, you really needed to lose some weight.". I had gone from normal weight to severely underweight. God knows what they'd think of me now.

So. Much. This. I spent my late teenage years with some severe anorexia, Like, eating 200 calories a day would have been a feast. I was going through some crazy depression and my life was out of control, like many ED girls controlling what I ate was SOMETHING I could have complete control over. Anyways, I was also drowning in compliments at this point in my life. People were telling me left and right how good I looked, how beautiful I was, yadda yadda yadda. Sometimes people see pictures of me from then and say things like, "wow, you looked amazing!" I mean, seriously?! Oh, the best part was about a year ago I was visiting my mother and she looked me up and down and said, "You looked so much better when you weren't eating; have you considered doing that again?" As if anorexia is some crazy effective diet!!!! F**K THAT NOISE! Understandably, most people complimenting me didn't know I was starving myself, so there's some leeway there, but still....
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Also when I was a teenager I got pretty skinny through restrictive eating and everybody told me how good I looked, how awesome my legs were etc. and I remember multiple comments along the lines of "You look so good like this, you really needed to lose some weight.". I had gone from normal weight to severely underweight. God knows what they'd think of me now.

So. Much. This. I spent my late teenage years with some severe anorexia, Like, eating 200 calories a day would have been a feast. I was going through some crazy depression and my life was out of control, like many ED girls controlling what I ate was SOMETHING I could have complete control over. Anyways, I was also drowning in compliments at this point in my life. People were telling me left and right how good I looked, how beautiful I was, yadda yadda yadda. Sometimes people see pictures of me from then and say things like, "wow, you looked amazing!" I mean, seriously?! Oh, the best part was about a year ago I was visiting my mother and she looked me up and down and said, "You looked so much better when you weren't eating; have you considered doing that again?" As if anorexia is some crazy effective diet!!!! F**K THAT NOISE! Understandably, most people complimenting me didn't know I was starving myself, so there's some leeway there, but still....

yeah the primary goal should def be being healthy.. looks are of course a close second - but being fit should mean being healthy.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Fat has not been an issue for me, normally but, I have to say since I've put on weight, I don't wear light colored or thin pants because my big *kitten* and my back sweats and the sweat drips down and my bottom gets a moist spot. That's why I can't stand NY Summers.

I am very careful about the clothes I wear.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 years old, my mother's step-father told me he could use the fat from my waist as tires for his car.
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I was in High School I played football and was the heaviest person on the team by a good 30lbs. Later that year I went to an amusement park and couldn't fit on some of the rides.

More recently when I was at my heaviest and was on a plane I needed the seatbelt extender while the person sitting next to me suffered (silently at least) with my elbow practically in his chest.

Before this most recent loss, I stopped by a Burger King near my gym and as I got out of the car to walk in I split the *kitten* of my pants. Figured that's a pretty good sign I don't need any more BK.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    And at 5'8" and a size 12 or 14 so not really that fat,

YEAH, seriously, not THAT big. People are silly.

I'm 5'9" and I aspire to be a 12 again. Right now, I look like a "big girl," not HUGE but not shapely. Fat does not sit well on me cuz I have an athletic shape whose boobs don't get bigger with weight.

I'm like between a 16-18 right now.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    When I was 12 years old, my mother's step-father told me he could use the fat from my waist as tires for his car.

:laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

lol I wish I could have laughed at it back then like I am now.
  • sparkly_blonde
    sparkly_blonde Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The smile on my mothers face when she said, "you're finally fatter than I am!" She was so happy and felt like she had one some kind of victory.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Oh.. I didn't realize you actually were heavy - cause your looking fit now! :wink:
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This old man came into the store I worked at and told me straight up "you look like you've gained weight...you should lay off the potatoes."
    I was so humiliated. I was never nice to him ever again.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

Oh.. I didn't realize you actually were heavy - cause your looking fit now! :wink:

:flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Lunch out with the husband, on the restaurant patio, plastic chairs, me at 386 pounds. Oh course you know what happened. The chair broke, I paniced and grabbed for my husband, made enough noise to get the attention of everyone out there and went inside. Of course I was way too embarresed and upset to eat, but still.

I often think of going back to that place and eating on the patio again since I'm down 160 now. Not to goal yet but getting closer. :smile:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Lunch out with the husband, on the restaurant patio, plastic chairs, me at 386 pounds. Oh course you know what happened. The chair broke, I paniced and grabbed for my husband, made enough noise to get the attention of everyone out there and went inside. Of course I was way too embarresed and upset to eat, but still.

I often think of going back to that place and eating on the patio again since I'm down 160 now. Not to goal yet but getting closer. :smile:

You should def do that!!

Rewarding yourself is healthy!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have a lot and i'm not even a big girl. At my heaviest, I was "chubby" at best.

I'm 5'10 and was 160lbs at the time. My boyfriend (now ex) constantly made cracks at my weight. One day he pinched my love handles (have these even when i'm small) & I told him to "stop pinching my fat" to which he said "well do something about it then". Same guy texted me one day and randomly said "today must be your favourite day" i'm like why? he says "because it's Fat Tuesday". He also wouldn't let me drink beer, and I was only "allowed" to drink wine. I dropped 155lbs in 10 seconds flat....HIM.

My grandma is constantly making comments. Some days she'll ask me "so what do you weigh these days?" and one fine day she said to me "you've gained the weight back. You're getting a tire around your stomach again". Awesome?

When I was 19 (and very small) I dated a guy who put me on a "soup diet" and referred to me and his mother as "fat cows". I was probably about 150lbs at the time (5'10).

After him, around 20-21 I dated another guy who told me he "likes his *****es with eating disorders". I did not have one, but was thin regardless. Then him and his mother got together and berated me for being "anorexic" (which I wasn't) and told me I had mental health issues. I ended up leaving him and I eventually had twin boys with my (now ex husband). 4 months after giving birth (I was 170lbs at the time) he saw me in a bar and told me "if i was you, i'd be getting that *kitten* on a treadmill".........

I've dated a lot of tards, clearly :)
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have lots, most memorable was not fitting into an MRI machine and being told I may have to go to a zoo to be scanned.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A couple come to mind. The day I walked into my mother's bedroom and found her older sister on the phone trying to find a psychiatrist for me to go to. They actually found a doctor, I went for a couple of visits, then he asked to see my mother and father. No more psychiatrist! And BTW, neither my mother nor my aunt were small.

The day I was in the banker's office, sat down in the chair and it collapsed.

All the guys I went out with who claimed to love "larger ladies" who never called back after the first "date".

Having my dad ask a friend if she knew someone who would take me to the prom. She actually did but he called the day of the prom and said he had to work. After I'd bought a dress and had my hair done. I never got to my prom either my junior or senior year.

Too many moments that made me cry then, and almost cry now as I think about them.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    just the whole thing. the whole entire being fat-a-thon. when will it be over and back to regular programming!?!?!