Valentine's day coming...

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Valentine's day because I find nothing romantic about my SO having to be or do something romantic because it is mandated by a holiday and greeting card companies...

That's what I like to say anyway, The real reason is because my birthday is two days later so I would rather focus on that. I'm narcissistic that way.

Alos, dislike chocolate and always get left over gross valentine's day chocolate for my birthday. :grumble:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am german and maybe I am not good to tell what I think. I didnt mean expecting him change completely because I love him. I am sure there is something you do not like on your gf or bf so talking always can solve some problems

Not on Valentine's Day. :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I expect sex. All kinds and lots of it.

My BF took the day off work and we're going to spend it in bed. Yup. We actually planned a day in bed together.

Oh, and dinner. We're going to dinner but then it'll be back home and to bed again.

He wants to see if we can make it fall off :laugh:

FYI... Dinner can mean a man delivering pizza to you... in bed. Trust me on this.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

My BF took the day off work and we're going to spend it in bed. Yup. We actually planned a day in bed together.

Oh, and dinner. We're going to dinner but then it'll be back home and to bed again.

I can't even tell you how jelly I am
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I've never had a girlfriend / date on Valentines day so I've gotten pretty lucky not putting up with all this crap so far!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

FYI... Dinner can mean a man delivering pizza to you... in bed. Trust me on this.

Donuts.....I usually serve a dozen. While carrying juice in each hand.....
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I would wait for another day to spring that on him or just talk to him about it now but tell him the things you love about him too. Relationships require give and take. Pretty sure no guy wants to be punched in the junk of Valentine's Day.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I am german and maybe I am not good to tell what I think. I didnt mean expecting him change completely because I love him. I am sure there is something you do not like on your gf or bf so talking always can solve some problems

Then don't give him a list. And don't wait until valentine's day to do it. Talk about your relationship every day. It's a work in progress, not a static thing. Any couple with longevity will tell you, it's more about the little things you learn to accept about each other than the things you think are awesome about each other. I love my husband with all my heart and have for 26 years, but there are things he does that drive me crazy. I don't ask him to change them; they are a part of who he is. I'd rather have him around, doing those things and driving me crazy, than doing them somewhere else with someone else.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It is EXTREMELY important to me. I don't require expensive gifts or anything like that, but I do expect to be acknowledged and made to feel special in some shape, form or fashion.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Talking about problems and issues in your relationship is a good idea.

Giving him a list of HIS problems on a day where you are supposed to celebrate love, is NOT a good idea.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

I'll have to tell him that's what I want for breakfast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

What's on your list?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I'll have to tell him that's what I want for breakfast.

Are these the same Chocolate Donuts that came up during confession today?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Face in lady garden

/Thread

Win
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

If I got this list on any day, I would take extra joy in watching her eat her "chocolates."
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    In to find out whether or not said boyfriend gets to give OP a list, too.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    ehhhhh????? :indifferent:
    you better change channel
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    In to find out whether or not said boyfriend gets to give OP a list, too.
  • PeanutButter1999
    PeanutButter1999 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm boycotting Valentine's day this year, so I'll be spending it pretending it doesn't exist.
    Once I find that special someone maybe it'll be different next year:smooched:

As for the list of things you want your BF to change, why on valentines day? :frown:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well it is my daughter's birthday so me and my little girl will be going to dinner and then the ballet. I never really celebrated the day before and now I do but not because its Valentines day but my daughter's birthday.

It's my baby's bday too :heart:

Your daughters have been put into the "Birthday on Christmas pool." Their future partners from here on out will combine their birthday/Valentine's Day festivities.

A lifetime of pink and/or red gifts...