Valentine's day coming...

Options

Replies

• PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

Oh.

Meanwhile I'll be alone because military says screw your Valentine's day for the third year in a row. Life is clearly fair.

MMM yes. Since my husband joined I've yet to see him on our anniversary - which happens to fall during the time of year they all get sent away on exercises.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think we may go to a class and learn something new together. I'd rather have an experience than gifts. :smile:

I like that idea. Last year we went on a Manatee dive. It was awesome. But cold. Very very cold.

Omg, did you pet the manatees?! I am unable to contain my thrills at the possibility of riding a manatee.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I expect sex. All kinds and lots of it.

My BF took the day off work and we're going to spend it in bed. Yup. We actually planned a day in bed together.

Oh, and dinner. We're going to dinner but then it'll be back home and to bed again.

He wants to see if we can make it fall off :laugh:

I love you guys so much.

This would be my wish... But sadly it is not to be.
    I'd like to be able to see or talk on that day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think we may go to a class and learn something new together. I'd rather have an experience than gifts. :smile:

I like that idea. Last year we went on a Manatee dive. It was awesome. But cold. Very very cold.

Omg, did you pet the manatees?! I am unable to contain my thrills at the possibility of riding a manatee.

You can't ride the manatees. That's legit one of the rules :laugh:

But I did get to pet some. Two of them were babies. :love:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

Oh.

Meanwhile I'll be alone because military says screw your Valentine's day for the third year in a row. Life is clearly fair.

MMM yes. Since my husband joined I've yet to see him on our anniversary - which happens to fall during the time of year they all get sent away on exercises.

We have two anniversaries and he'll be out for both of them this year.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Lol damn about the former. But... OMG ABOUT THE LATTER.

hE1237613
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh.

And the OP will be giving her guy a letter of things he needed to change about himself.

Ah well. Booze for us!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    This will be my 9th consecutive Valentine's Day alone. I will probably have some Dunkin' Donuts turkey/egg white wake up wraps for dinner, maybe add a little liquid Kool-Aid flavor to my water just to feel sassy and go to bed so I can be up at 8am for intervals the next morning.

YAY!

lvstk.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Lol damn about the former. But... OMG ABOUT THE LATTER.

hE1237613

D'awwwww. :heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    This will be my 9th consecutive Valentine's Day alone. I will probably have some Dunkin' Donuts turkey/egg white wake up wraps for dinner, maybe add a little liquid Kool-Aid flavor to my water just to feel sassy and go to bed so I can be up at 8am for intervals the next morning.

YAY!

lvstk.jpg

But at least you'll have your orange juice. :flowerforyou:
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Going to be a techincal dweeb here and def not coming down on you but I think the Marine Mammal Protection Act says you can't even touch them. I did the Manatee swim in Crystal River ages ago and saw heaps. But you're not supposed to interfere with them in any way.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Oh.

I really hate to be a Debbie Downer here, but it can always be worse. My best friend's husband died in the USAF heli crash in England a few weeks ago. She'll be spending VD alone. Be proud of your husbands and the work they do, and be thankful that you still have them. I know you make sacrifices as military wives, and many of us really appreciate that. :heart:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Actually pretty nice little Friday. We're going to Home Depot. Yeah buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond... I don't know! I don't know if we'll have enough time!
    Options

YAY!

lvstk.jpg

But at least you'll have your orange juice. :flowerforyou:

:happy: I just wanted an excuse to use that jpg
    Options
    Actually pretty nice little Friday. We're going to Home Depot. Yeah buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond... I don't know! I don't know if we'll have enough time!

then you can go streaking through the Quad!
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I give blood every Valentine's Day. It's from MY heart.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options

No it's cool man, bring your green hat!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Going to be a techincal dweeb here and def not coming down on you but I think the Marine Mammal Protection Act says you can't even touch them. I did the Manatee swim in Crystal River ages ago and saw heaps. But you're not supposed to interfere with them in any way.

You can but only if they approach you. Which is why it was mostly the calves. We had to do a training thing before hand where they talked to us about the Marine Mammal Protection Act and how it pertained to our dive. It was at Crystal River.
    Options

No it's cool man, bring your green hat!

Snoop Snoop Snooop-a-loop!
  • VegGirl62
    VegGirl62 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day is my son's Birthdya...he will be 22. And I have to work until 8 pm that day...not sure what we will do! :)