Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Ah no, I thought I'd be the first one. :bigsmile:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Chilly but sunny..........had a few little ice ball things falling this am. Cold here, but nothing like Sandy and Margaret have.

Had my absolute best nsv ever!!! Last night our yoga instructor told me: " I have 20 yr.olds in my college yoga classes who would kill for your flexibility." Who, me??? Whooohooo! Wow, must be doing something right!

Took Gwen to buy a new washer then to the dr. Her meds have been adjusted and a few are gone and that makes her happy........yay! I'm hoping her normal mental state returns. Fingers crossed! Her yard guy and I had a pow wow this am again.

DH holding the couch down again; says he feels a bit better. I'm staying in the spare bedroom (and, frankly, loving having a bed to myself!!!). Sleeping well, too.

Lucy.........Keep us posted on your elbow........what a painful injury! I think everyone with grown kids walks on those eggshells when it comes to some subjects; it's not easy!!! I hope for the best for your DD.

Barbie........Condolences; so very sorry about your friend.

Meg..........Glad you are back. Your Benny Beagle story had me in stitches; you could probably go on stage and do a comedy act with his stories.

Vicki.........Sorry about your "overdo" on cals..........we've all been there.

momsamodel...........Love your doggy!

Heather............I use my phone as just a phone; haven't bothered learning the bellls and whistles............and, if I can't text, DD has to call me.........I truly do not like all this tech stuff.

Best to everyone,
    yanniejannie
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody; I haven't been responding to everybody, but have been reading everything and thinking about you all.

My dog (a Border Collie) used to use the "candy dish" once in a while. He seems to have lost interest, which is good. I had also turned the cat boxes so they'd be harder to get into.

Had a good day today after yesterday's chocolate crash-and-burn (I should just have "fondled" those egglets :laugh: ).

Tomorrow morning I'm getting my fasting glucose and blood pressure checked. I'm so curious! The last time I was there my glucose had gone from borderline diabetic to low normal, just from exercise. In the meantime I've exercised a lot more and lost 16-17 pounds, so I hope the numbers are still good. Should be.

Sleep well, everybody.
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yanniejannie...I love having a bed to myselftoo. Much better for both of us.

I continue to remind myself of what I have control over, and what not. To stop worrying is another thing though. It's the tug-of-war between emotion and logic.

There is still snow on the ground where the shade is, but the rest is melting away nicely. Our city is doing its annual flower count to make the rest of Canada drool.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Renny
  • tartanlass58
    tartanlass58 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will be so far over my calories today my son turns 31 and we are all off the the Olive Garden for dinner so I will fall off the horse today but will get back on tomorrow
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi to all,
    Been busy with family affairs, trying to keep up with everyone and not get off track eating, sometimes life gets in the way and we have to step back and take a breath, been there several times in the last few weeks.

Thoughts and Prayers going out to all

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Renny, I am one of the drooling Canadians we are months from seeing a flower here.......

Juanita in Sudbury still snowing and super cold
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    Bedtime for me. Feeling moe settled.
    One of the happiness rules is READ THE MANUAL, so I have been doing that. I have realised the world doesn't end if I turn off wifi, data and bluetooth when I'm not using them. Saves masses of battery and takes a second to switch back on.
    Katla - I was so frustrated because the thing was freezing up and Vodaphone was down. Couldn't do anything. Turning it off and on again has cured the phone. I just don't like to be beaten and refuse to be a technological idiot. DH always laughs at me and refuses to read the manual, but then I find I am far more technologically savvy in the long run. It's me who does most of the videoing and iplayer. I just get cross when things go wrong and he is more patient. Now got to get my music on there. My favourite albums are on my very old computer that I haven't used in years so will have to see if it's still bootupable. Otherwise it's a case of putting CDs on my newer one. I like to have my funeral music on my phone to play on the train up to London. I have a playlist prepared. They are mostly very jolly tunes as I want everyone to dance and remember me dancing. Irish, Klesmer, and some choral. Also ENJOY YOURSELF IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK! A very good motto.

Goodnight sweet ladies. I might be at the doctor's tomorrow as I haven't been able to kick this grumbling cystitis. Been battling for over a week. Luckily I have got some sachets for comfort.

Heather in flowery Hampshire UK
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,165 Member
    Options
    Hello---just keeping up with everyone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wishing all my Vitamin F friends well.....:heart:

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    Had a nice surprise today,son came over to see me with Violet.Was so good to see her.Got some grandma hugs and kisses.:heart::heart:
    Spent part of the day at the clinic with hubby and daughter.Daughter has bronchitis again,this time she got an antibodic.:sad:
    Hubby has a sinus infection.Maybe we`ll all get better soon.
    Prayers to those that need them.
    Hugs too.:heart::heart:
    jane
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I tried to write this once before but Bruno jumped in my lap and touched something with his nose and suddenly I was reading what five foods not to eat to get rid of belly fat.

Did not swim today due to a runny nose. Not feeling great either. Sure hope I'm not catching cold. I did do the cardio machine though, so that's something. Fun morning with grandson. He is just too cute for words.

Hubby just got home and took both dogs for a walk. It's too cold for me. So I'm trying to think of something to make for dinner. Hubby may get hot dogs and I may eat left over low-salt chili. That would be easy.

Our forsythia is budding out already. I hope our latest bout of cold weather doesn't kill it. We are supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow. Hubby has an appointment with a cardiologist tomorrow to see about that second degree heart block. I'll be glad to get more info on that. I've been worried.

Gotta run!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Momsamodel: Congratulations on your successful party strategy! I agree with Cynthia. Walking in the rain won’t kill you. The smell of wet dog is another matter.:tongue::wink:

Renny: I have no idea how to hide or unhide on MFP, but wonder if it is an option for people who don’t want to follow someone’s posts and don’t want to tell them so. I have hidden a friend on facebook because he has been so obnoxious lately. I adore his wife. I do not combine facebook and MyFitnessPal, at all. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: My shape has changed, but not in my brain. I will probably NEVER willingly put sparkly stuff on my back pockets. I didn’t resist the popcorn and have swollen hands as my reward. I might do it again, but not soon. Unfortunately, I also had a salty meal at lunch today.:ohwell:

Caroldavison & newbies: Welcome.:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannnie: What a great compliment from your yoga instructor! Wonderful NSV.:flowerforyou:

Cynthia: Good luck on your blood tests.:flowerforyou:

Renny: Victoria has fabulous flowers. I haven’t been there is several years to enjoy them.:flowerforyou:

Tartanlass: Olive Garden is one of those wonderful places that posts nutrition and calorie information on line. You can plan your meal in advance to stay healthier.:flowerforyou:

Heather: You’re doing great with your new phone. I hope your health situation improves ASAP and you are more comfortable.:flowerforyou:

Lin in Central IA: Great to see you here.:flowerforyou:

Jane: I’m glad you got to see Violet. I hope your whole family is healthy soon.:flowerforyou:

DH went to the acupuncturist today and we ran a whole bunch of errands. We went to a buffet, and I had a salty, high calorie lunch. We won’t be going there again anytime soon. :noway: I still have calories available for dinner, but I’ve probably used my salt allotment for the rest of the month between popcorn last night and lunch today.:grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Yippee......all the papers are ready to send to the accountant....that's one of my goals for the month:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: another of my goals is to update the paper of important information to be used in case of our death or crisis.....that will be updated as soon as we finish signing our wills that are being updated this week.

One of my happiness commandments is "Do it now" and getting these things done is making me a lot happier.

:bigsmile: Jake is feeding the dogs so I have to change shoes and bundle up to take them for a walk.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington where there are some flowers blooming
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Bump to mark my spot. Sue in SD
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump for my spot, too.
    Gail, metro ATL
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Barbie- you got me going with "do it now". T4's done and submitted with 2 days to spare. Man, I've never been this late!!:tongue::tongue: Fortunately, can now all be done online. LOVE that.
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Bump

Deb A in CNY
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. Hope you have had a good day. It was our last day at the nursing home and the students were sad to leave. It’s amazing how they bonded so quickly. It’s cold again here and seems like it will stay cold for another week or so. At least it’s lighter now in the morning!

Michele: so glad to find someone else not totally connected to their phone!

Rori: I’m thinking sunshine…thanks for the reminder that winter will end

Sylvia: I got a digital camera for Christmas and I’m going to take a class, so maybe I will learn how to use it and can post pictures of Benny!

Katla: I loved Norma cousins. I didn’t read that book so maybe I’ll have to find it! Benny does make us laugh. I missed you too while I was gone.

Joyce: hope your back feels better soon!

Patty: glad to hear of your commitment. Keep plugging away!

DeeDee: I try to work from home sometimes too, but all the animals “need” to be crawling around on me all the time, so even less work gets done then when people stop by my office. My office, for better or worse, is right by the coffee pot and so I get lots of visitors,

Alison: nice! A Swedish massage…you enjoy every second of it

Beth: so sorry to hear that your sons have health issues. It’s never fun worrying about things especially when you can’t really do anything

Heather: now after reading your post I’m more determined than ever to stay with the old flip phone! What is a sachet for discomfort? I know them as scented things you put in drawers

Sandy: hope you got lots of extra steps in. I add steps when I photocopy or print… I do laps around the “square”

Momsamodel: glad you were able to have fun at your party without really going overboard. I know what you mean about that awful feeling!

Vicki: I love those pugs and their faces! They make me just laugh by looking at them

Renny: I hid one person once because he got very weird and I didn’t want to see the odd things he was posting. When you are on your home page, to the right of the comments, by each person you will see a “hide” option.

Margaret: I love your daily goals

Carol: welcome to the group

Jill: Oooooookaaaaay a badge on decision making makes the GS subversive??? Oh my. How does someone like that get on such a commission??? I am not sure if I would have laughed or argued! I have a friend who has odd thoughts about the boy scouts and what the leaders teach them during their campouts!

Yanniejannie: wow what a great nsv! That is fabulous! My students tell me to take my comedy act on the road all the time especially when I teach the STD class. Working in an urban trauma center gives me lots of funny story.

Cynthia: I love border collies. I had a friend who had one once and the silly dog tried herding ants all the time! She’s run around them in a circle, barking.

Tartanlass: you go enjoy your DS;s birthday and just get back on track tomorrow! Celebrations are special

Lin: is it getting any warmer there yet?

Jane: sending healthy thoughts you way!

OK Colorado gals…finally got an answer from hubby. We WILL be through Denver. Not quite sure of the date yet and will let you know when it’s finalized, but in July. I would love to be able to meet with any of you from the CO contingent!

I am grateful today for my hubby who talked me into actually going to the Y and swimming when I didn’t want to. Glad I did but I’m really tired now. OK, take care all, Meg from frosty Omaha.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a downloadable spinning workout that I had. Found out (and this should have occurred to me earlier) that when I exercise down here, my heartrate goes much higher than when I'm in NC. That probably has to do with the humidity, or so I think.

Tomorrow I'll do the Seriously Strong with Gin Miller DVD again. Wish I'd brought down more DVD's that utilize the bar. Oh well... lesson for next time: bring different DVD's down with me.

After exercising I went to see my friend about an hour south of here. She's in her 80's, she recently had 2" of water in her house down here while she was in NC. I can tell that that's taken quite a toll on her. But it was nice to see her. We went to lunch at Chili's. I had the chicken salad. She kept asking me if Vince minded that I came down and she was glad when I told her his feeling was "oh good, now I can go to 'Dogs R Us' for lunch (because he knows hot dogs don't interest me at all) Got home and we went to dinner at this Chinese restaurant near the condo. Really, it's within walking distance. I had the steamed shrimp and vegetables, I asked them to hold the rice.

Right before we left Vince's glasses had lots of scratches and he couldn't get rid of them. So after we got here he went to Sears and ordered some. They had a B1G1 sale, plus they were less than the pair he has now. They called today to say they were in so we'll go. I want to go and check out the clothes. Also, I recall that there was a place in that mall that offered a free Crossfit class on the first Saturday of each month, so I want to check that out.

Patty - congrats on the raise. Cutting back on your hours might not be a bad idea, you can use that time to make meals for the week and freeze them.

Alison - so glad you decided to get that massage. Enjoy every minute of it. Good luck tomorrow

Beth - ((((hugs)))))

Sylvia - you should be very proud of how much you've lost

Sandy - to me, the Y down here is about comparable with the one that I go to. One thing I did realize is that in a way it's good that we don't have a lot of classes that I like, gives me more opportunity to do different workouts on the machines. Wish we had different machines. But they have about the same things here, tms, ellipticals, stair steppers (the ones that aren't like a set of moving stair -- those I like, you get such a good workout). They do have a good step class, tho. If I lived here all year, I'd probably only go to the step class once/week.

I very seldom text on my phone. Not that I don't know how, I just can't be bothered. I'd rather use email

momsamodel - congrats on the choices you made. It's truly amazing how our bodies change the more we get used to healthy eating

Vicki - congrats on the ggrand

vcj - welcome, and glad you're at the point where you can get back to exercising.

Carol - welcome

Jill - the GS are a "subversive" group???? Thanks for the smile

yanniejannie - what a wonderful NSV

Cynthia - good luck tomorrow

tartanlass - happy birthday to your son. Have fun at OG

Heather - good luck at the doc's

jane - what a wonderful surprise. Hope your family gets better fast

Sylvia - hope you're not coming down with something serious. Good luck to hubby. Your forsythia is blooming! Wow

Renny - I never even knew that you could "hide" someone on MFP!

Going to post this now so my place is marked. Hope everyone has a great day.

Michele from NC now in FL (but not for long enough)
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Jill: I'm rolling on the floor reuading that about GS being a subversive group.:laugh: :laugh: Oh my!

Meg: YAY! Can't wait to see you and your comedy act in Colorado. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bumping for now. Everyone stay well.:heart::drinker: :heart:

Rori in the Colorado Foothills --

Goals for February with progress to date....
    Two days a week, consume fewer than 35 carbs days” every week. = I've managed two days a week at super low carb levels--but sometimes a few extra carbs leak in.
    90 minutes of strength training per week = check
    Organize the master closet = check
    Get the tax workbook done and sent to accountant = DANG. Can't seem to get myself going on this one.
    Chiropractic adjustment and massage = check

My word for 2014 = Release
    3377278rm5rn7751o.gif
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hi to my Vit F gals. Good day with DH running errands. We're having a dinner/game party Friday night and I had no ideas for a theme until I saw an ad for a King Cake. Mardi Gras is next week so we got some green, gold and purple decorations and I'm all set.
    It always helps me to read everyone posts so I don't feel like I'm alone on this journey.
    Sue in SD - it amazing thing about retirement is you can be as busy as you want. I sometimes wonder how I ever had time to work.
    Barbie - loved the picture in your dancing jeans. Sounds like a lot of fun teaching line dancing.
    Meg - are you going through CO on vacation? We're going in May for DGD's high school graduation. Will probably stay a week as my DD's birthday is 6/6.
    It is suppose to go down to the 20's tonight, that is after having 80's this last weekend. Crazy weather.
    We've gotten hooked on a series on NetFlix about a horse ranch in Alberta. The scenery is so beautiful and we just love it. It's called Heartland.
    Getting late so I'll stop for now.
    Sue in TX