WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2014

Options
1495051525355»

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I love when I have lots and lots of room in the pool. One thing is that I'm forever going sideways and not straight. Not sure why I do this. But I absolutely love it when I have lots of room. So I can understand how you felt good. how lucky you saw that fire, but what a shame it took so long for the fire company to get there. I'm sure Anna is devastated. I agree with Joyce, God was in control. He put you and Debbie there for her

Joyce - good thing there wasn't any damage to any of your vehicles. That reminds me of what happened to me yesterday. When we left to go to Sears I was going to put some water bottles in my car (I just find that down here I want to drink a lot more <except yesterday when it was on the cooler side>. Well, my car wouldn't open. I'd just come back from the Y and locked the door. We thought it was the battery in the remote so Vince changed that. Nope, didn't work. But we did find out that the other doors were open, just not the driver's. It appears that when I got out of the car, the engine wasn't totally shut off. Didn't really understand that, but that's what happened. you should have seen us in the parking lot here at the condo trying to open the door. When the driver door wouldn't open, we just assumed that none of the doors opened. Well, that wasn't the case. Good luck on your blood test

I got these pork rangoon things for Vince, he only had 3. Personally, I think they're pretty good. I think he had it in his mind that he wasn't going to like them since it had pepper in the ingredient list. Admitted, it was pretty far down, but he didn't like the pepper in there. Honestly! So now I'll have to finish up what's left over.

Anne - how wonderful that Visa came thru for you! And how wonderful about your new trainer. Don't give up, you CAN do this, and you do, even if it takes you 3 hours, "winners never quit and quitters never win"

Alison - so sorry you felt so bad after Wendy's, but in a way it may have been for the good. Now you'll have less and less desire for it. The other day we went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. I had one (yes one) fried noodles just to remind myself how horrible they feel in my mouth.

Connie - yesterday i was on my phone and wanted to make a comment to you after reviewing your diary, only it's such a pain to do it from the phone. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I always enjoy looking at your diary, there are so many really neat things in it

Heather - I honestly can't understand why people would want to have a tablet. I wouldn't want to carry this big thing around with me. I want a phone, to call. It's very handy being able to check email or log in to MFP when I'm away, but I don't use that so much. I can't understand people who use their phone all the time. I do like to check the weather. But I guess that's about all. Oh, and use it for an alarm clock when I'm away from home.

scientificexp - welcome! Yes, you are so right, we ARE the cool kids, only our kids don't know it (yet) Happy birthday!

D - welcome to the greatest group here at MFP

Lin - still in FL (yea!). The plan is to leave Tues (boo). Vince talked about coming down for the race in July. I kind of hope we do, it's just so relaxing to get away for a week or so, even if I do have to do cooking and cleaning down here. It's just "different".

Linda - good luck to you.

Sylvia - good luck to you, too, on your mammo. It'll be over in no time. That's what I keep telling myself whenever I have to get one.

katla - thanks for the heads up about the Crossfit. Our mailman, even tho he delivers the mail in a truck into a box at the bottom of our driveway, lives in our neighborhood. So we know him. hope your fish works out well, let us know how it goes.

All this talk about chocolate and I just got the chills, so I decided to have some hot chocolate

Sharon - oh no!!!

momsamodel - when I was substituting in the home ec area, I really enjoyed it. Except for the fact that I had to try each and every dish. Well, we DID need to know how the students are doing. And, no, that's not rationalization. A healthy baking class would be real neat. Congrats on your anniversary

Did 45 minutes of yoga today and then 45 minutes of the step class. She is a really good instructor, gives good directions. On the way to the Y I stopped at this one food store to buy a newspaper and also to get more grapefruit. Are they ever good! Can you guess what I'm having for dessert today????

Tomorrow the plan is to do try that Crossfit class. No idea what it'll be like

jane - this has been going on for quite a while now (you sick). Did you go to the MD? What are you and dh doing? Sending good vibes your way

tartanlass - I like when I make those kinds of mistakes. Problem is I don't make them often enough :(

Vicki - your nails sound fab. Congrats on the smaller sized pants

Vince said he isn't feeling well so he went to bed. I'm on the tired side so I'll be hitting the hay soon, too.

Michele from NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I am headed for bed early so I've posted the new thread for March.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1214008-women-ages-50-for-march-2014
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Just a quick bump to say hello from Omaha where the wind chill will be something like -20 tomorrow morning. We were supposed to get snow, but it hasn't started. Sylvia: what an awful thing to happen! So glad everyone was safe. Take care all, Meg
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Monday morning and I did not look at my computer once this week-end. I didn't catch up with posts or log food. I work on it all week and then can't stand the thought of logging in on my free time.
    I had to miss my cycling and ab class this week-end. A very good friend needed a ride to a funeral and couldn't find anyone else to take her. We went to lunch afterwards,Chinese. I first picked up to of my grandchildren and the three of us split one meal since they are so big. This friend was involved in a car wreck a year and a half ago and will not drive now. She gets nervous even being in a car. We live in the suburbs and she is 69 and very overweight so she cannot walk anywhere. I know it's her decission not to drive but I can't imagine giving up my freedom and independence, I find that very scarey.
    This is my crazy week, I have month end balancing to do and I'm always on a time crunch as I have to complete my work before others can begin theirs. I also have to work at the Y tonight and tomorrow night.
    The knee is doing OK and I am feeling pretty good right now. We got a lot of snow but what's the point in complaining, it doesn't make it go away.

Momsamodel, I am 55 and would like to date again as well. I want to lose weight and that is part of the reason, but mostly I want to do it for myself, I want to be able to take care of myself. I’m beginning to realize that if I don’t meet that someone I am still meeting lots of people and find myself with a fuller and diverse social calendar. I’ve tried a lot of new things as I’ve lost weight and gained confidence.

Cynthia, I cook and take to others, leaving left overs there. I bring food to work also. Not so much the baker though.

Vicki GI NE, Way to go on the down size. I was in size 28-30 and am in the 18 and 20’s I remember how excited I was. Hurray for you!

I worked at the Y until 5 yesterday and then I was really looking forward to getting off, coming home and making dinner, kicking back with grilled salmon, brussel sprouts and a glass of wine. Forgot we had a staff meeting from 5-7. By the time I gome I was not in the mood to cook anything, good thing they had pizza there, I ate the toppings off two pieces so that was my dinner.

Welcome to the newbies, everyone have a blessed and healthy day.
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the new thread for March

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1214008-women-ages-50-for-march-2014
    [/quote]