Would you PAY for mfp?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about the diary and reporting functions, or the community?

I'd pay for the community as it would cut down the derp by 75%.

you make a good point there...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    nopers
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would pay if there were less restrictions on photo posting.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'd pay for the app to get rid of all the adverts

Firefox...ad block! :smile: I see no ads, ever.

Oh and I would gladly pay for MFP. It has been life changing for me. :heart:
  • hyperbolee
    Options
    I might if there were diet planning options, ad free app options, better moderated food entries, and personal data confidentiality agreements.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    No. I switched to MFP from myfooddiary.com because I didn't want to pay anymore. I would pay for the app, though (assuming it was something in the $1-5 range).
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not in its current state, no.
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    No
  • StellarCub
    Options
    No. I believe much of the allure of the site is in its seeming altruistic nature. I acknowledge (and tolerate/accept) the advertising under the assumption that a modest amount of bill paying is necessary.

But let us be perfectly honest, the TOOL is simply a facilitator for success... the hard working, determined members that volunteer their time constructing the database are the treasured asset.

I abhor the notion that an entity would seek to profit from uncompensated hard work of others.

That said, I have no problem with micro-transactions that would support OPTIONAL (and specific) feature enhancement (such as digital monitor integration). Keeping in mind that value is only returned for those that actually can leverage the optional (and specific) benefit. However, such micro-transactions should be one-off (non-recurring) expenditures.

I am on the fence concerning fee for advertising elimination. There is something inherently discomforting to the idea that one should pay for a less intrusive experience. I believe one begins to venture onto a slippery slope when one begins extorting serenity. I believe such behavior is a subtle erosion of the trust relationship between the consumer and the service provider.

There is a basket of suitable substitutes already in the marketplace. Further, the entry point for new/emerging competition is low based on the relatively mundane technology requirements and learning curve of development/support personnel.

I believe there are more and better monetizing opportunities through partnership agreements and community endorsements. Such opportunities are constructive and contributory (as opposed to extractive and demanding) on the community.

As a consequence, I'm almost inclined to reject the premise of this thread on the basis that there is an underlying flaw in the question. I am not opposed to monetizing efforts; although, I venture that one must reject "in-the-box" thinking or mutually-exclusive propositions.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options
    It's a moot point, they aren't going to charge, they just got a huge influx of investment dollars, and did I mention it's a moot point?
  • carpaedeyum
    carpaedeyum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd only pay for the android app due to its quality :) (sarcasm)
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    No way.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    I'd pay a small price for the app if there was one, but the biggest draw was that it was free.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You bet your butt I would! !!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    No. I like it, but wouldn't pay for it.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'd pay for an app, but not the site, there are too many other options
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I would pay the users of mfp to be adults and stop reporting profile pics. Totally juvenile.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    NEVER. Only if they updated it BIG Time to let you dig deeper into your food and workout #'s
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nope - I would find another free one.