What are they putting in our food?!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I don't do pre/post work out powders like the ones you mention is all of the ingredients in them. I do not eat 100% clean but I cannot make it right in my head to drink something that 99% of the ingredients I cannot pronounce.

Take a chemistry class and youll be able to then.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I'd like them to put the sheep dung back in.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I don't do pre/post work out powders like the ones you mention is all of the ingredients in them. I do not eat 100% clean but I cannot make it right in my head to drink something that 99% of the ingredients I cannot pronounce.

I think it's funny that people actually use ignorance as a justification to avoid something.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

I think it's funny that people actually use ignorance as a justification to avoid something.
    People will use ignorance to justify anything nowadays. It's at a point where ignorance is actively encouraged, which I find very sad.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yep, bok choy is pretty good and we get at the CSA in the summer/fall and the supermarket in the other months. Inexpensive and easy to use.

Seriously. A little garlic, a little ginger, a little oil and bam, you've got yourself some delicious bok choy for basically no work at all.

And now I want some. Great.

A little soy sauce and I'm with you; and if I have it, fresh ginger ideally. Yes, now I want sushi, bok choy', and some baby eggplant with brown sugar....dat gum it.

Always fresh ginger. I'm not big on soy sauce though...

But In for sushi. Nomnom
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yep, bok choy is pretty good and we get at the CSA in the summer/fall and the supermarket in the other months. Inexpensive and easy to use.

Seriously. A little garlic, a little ginger, a little oil and bam, you've got yourself some delicious bok choy for basically no work at all.

A little soy sauce and I'm with you; and if I have it, fresh ginger ideally. Yes, now I want sushi, bok choy', and some baby eggplant with brown sugar....dat gum it.

Always fresh ginger. I'm not big on soy sauce though...

But In for sushi. Nomnom

In for sushi.....then quickly back out. This thread got cray cray.
  • Vessecora
    Options
    My boyfriend's mother has a campaign going on about the flouride in Australian tap water.

The part I agree with is the fact that the public never gets asked whether they want this stuff in their water.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Your food is killong you.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    How about I just eat what I want to eat and die when my time is up...no one is going to live forever and I could eat clean for the next 2 days and then die in a freak accident where I get hit by a meteor and die. So, what difference does it make...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Handy hint for you. Keep the ginger in a little bag whole in the freezer and just grate it onto your cooking. Works great and I always have some around. You don't even have to peel it either.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying that there's a trend of worrying about things that don't need to be worried about.

Totally agree! But then, we'll run out of cool stuff to talk about here! And then what? We might have to go do other stuff?!? That just won't do. I'm clearly lurking on MFP to avoid doing stuff.. like sleeping or doing my taxes.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying that there's a trend of worrying about things that don't need to be worried about.

Totally agree! But then, we'll run out of cool stuff to talk about here! And then what? We might have to go do other stuff?!? That just won't do. I'm clearly lurking on MFP to avoid doing stuff.. like sleeping or doing my taxes.

Nice to meet you! Me too ;)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Excellent! S another great idea; thanks!