Replies

• Kcoleman9110
    Kcoleman9110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • omsmom12
    omsmom12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd like to remember your post when I get down on myself about eating too much on occasion. I don't need to "finish" my weight loss that fast. It's good to take time to enjoy myself now instead of waiting until I've gotten to goal and then going totally nuts.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Having an unhealthy relationship with food is the problem. Doing the bare minimum to lose half a pound a week or less takes almost no work but cutting out a little bit of calories. Moderation is key but if you are addicted to sugar thats not a good thing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLR60G_FAeYJuQCxHlAyuxX33YYotMEhILDW2cvbWnt-paJcZTbcI09g

Hey that 1200 calorie cheese cake from the cheesecake factory taste better than skinny feels and so does that venti caramel latte that is 800 calories from starbucks I could get daily. She doesn't mention eating 1 or 2 cookies a day, its a huge plate of cookies. I dont see how this topic can be encouraging. EVERYTHING taste better than skinny feels, I would like to drink a gallon of chocolate milk..Its kinda like a "no ****" thing.

How about a topic regarding how no food is worth the deterioration of ur health

If you think I fit a whole plate of cookies into a 1700-1900 a day calorie goal...well you must eat crappy cookies. Whomp whomp.

If you want to discuss something else I suggest you go start a thread about it. This one is about cookies.
  • barrettgrl
    barrettgrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im now super grouchy, you my dear ROCK... but Im killing myself over here with between 12 and 1400 a day and I am losing but my attitude is suffering terribly. Have you always been like this, or did it take time to "find". I want to be like you
  • Achrya
    Options
    Im now super grouchy, you my dear ROCK... but Im killing myself over here with between 12 and 1400 a day and I am losing but my attitude is suffering terribly. Have you always been like this, or did it take time to "find". I want to be like you

I started MFP eating around 1000 calories a day and spending an hour a day on cardio machines. I lost about five pounds then crashei and burned. Started again at 1400, made some great friends here who taught me a thing or two, picked up lifting and moved up to 1600. The rest is history.

Make no mistake I lost faster on less calories but I wasn't happy (and the body I was building was not the one I wanted.) And I rank my own happiness above anything else. There is no reason to be unhappy for the sake of a few pounds faster, none.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I started MFP eating around 1000 calories a day and spending an hour a day on cardio machines. I lost about five pounds then crashei and burned. Started again at 1400, made some great friends here who taught me a thing or two, picked up lifting and moved up to 1600. The rest is history.

Make no mistake I lost faster on less calories but I wasn't happy (and the body I was building was not the one I wanted.) And I rank my own happiness above anything else. There is no reason to be unhappy for the sake of a few pounds faster, none.

I love you for that^
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Having an unhealthy relationship with food is the problem. Doing the bare minimum to lose half a pound a week or less takes almost no work but cutting out a little bit of calories. Moderation is key but if you are addicted to sugar thats not a good thing.

Hey that 1200 calorie cheese cake from the cheesecake factory taste better than skinny feels and so does that venti caramel latte that is 800 calories from starbucks I could get daily. She doesn't mention eating 1 or 2 cookies a day, its a huge plate of cookies. I dont see how this topic can be encouraging. EVERYTHING taste better than skinny feels, I would like to drink a gallon of chocolate milk..Its kinda like a "no ****" thing.

If you think I fit a whole plate of cookies into a 1700-1900 a day calorie goal...well you must eat crappy cookies. Whomp whomp.

If you want to discuss something else I suggest you go start a thread about it. This one is about cookies.

Im sorry those cookies dont look all that great. No cookie is worth someones health. Who even wants one or two cookies anyways. Then you have dozens of cookies sitting in ur kitchen while you are trying to lose weight? Yes makes perfect sense.

... You seem to be confused. I've never had a cookie that I thought was detrimental to my health. The fact that you think consuming one or two (or more) of these delicious treats while being mindful of calorie and macro content and how it reflects on your overall diet could be bad for you is absurd.

And for the record, I want one or two cookies, anyways. Not only are cookies common place in my house, but so are ice cream, bacon, full-fat cheese, etc. Yet I've managed to lose a considerable amount of weight and lower my body fat percentage.

Why are you even here? JSF.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Im sorry those cookies dont look all that great. No cookie is worth someones health. Who even wants one or two cookies anyways. Then you have dozens of cookies sitting in ur kitchen while you are trying to lose weight? Yes makes perfect sense.

Hmmm, which advice to take --

Happy person who has been here 3.5 years, lost weight, and is a BAMF or person who has been here a month with a substantial chip on their shoulder about good food/bad food with no progress or success of their own so they try to ruin others?

I am going with the cookie lady.
  • Achrya
    Options

Now you're just being petty. I'm sorry you haven't worked on your ability to not eat everything sitting in your kitchen and that one or two cookies isn't enough for you.(now me I had a cookie with some ice cream and dark chocolate chips last night. Went to bed happy) I'm even sorry my cookies (which lots of other people seem to think look awesome) don't look good to you.

Mostly I'm sorry your issues run so deep that you must project them all over my thread. I hope you find some inner peace along your path to better health.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have all sorts of food in my kitchen. Potato chips. Chocolate. Cake. Ice cream. Cookies. Steak. Butter. I eat it too.

I lost 41 pounds, averaging 1.5 pounds a week and hitting all my micro targets.

If you want to do it differently, be my guest, but the OP has found a way that works too. And it is sustainable over the long term. Instead of being all judgy, perhaps you can look at this *different* way of being SUCCESSFUL and learn something.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Happy person who has been here 3.5 years, lost weight, and is a BAMF or person who has been here a month with a substantial chip on their shoulder about good food/bad food with no progress or success of their own so they try to ruin others?

*runs away to google BAMF*
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

^dis
  • Dissecti0n
    Options

Happy person who has been here 3.5 years, lost weight, and is a BAMF or person who has been here a month with a substantial chip on their shoulder with no progress or success of their own so they try to ruin others.

Uh I have lost almost 40 pounds in 9 months. Cookies are still not worth our health. Yes everything that we love taste better than skinny looks but not when you wake up 300 pounds surrounded by cookies. Also I have been here longer than a month, nice try though.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Happy person who has been here 3.5 years, lost weight, and is a BAMF or person who has been here a month with a substantial chip on their shoulder with no progress or success of their own so they try to ruin others.

Uh I have lost almost 40 pounds in 9 months. Cookies are still not worth our health. Yes everything that we love taste better than skinny looks but not when you wake up 300 pounds surrounded by cookies. Also I have been here longer than a month, nice try though.

Oh? So why did you make a new account? What was the old one? Or do you just have both accounts?
  • Dissecti0n
    Options
    Uhh yeah it took you 3.5 years on this site to lose 30 pounds so YES everyone eat tons of cookies so it takes you 4 years to lose all ur weight...Logical
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Speak for yourself. I regularly make cookies and just eat one or two every day until they run out. I don't believe that cookies are in any way compromising to health when eaten in the context of a healthy diet with an appropriate number of calories.
  • Dissecti0n
    Options

Oh? So why did you make a new account? What was the old one? Or do you just have both accounts?

I forgot the password to the other account so I just made another one
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Uhh yeah it took you 3.5 years on this site to lose 30 pounds so YES everyone eat tons of cookies so it takes you 4 years to lose all ur weight...Logical

So you are looking down on someone because they didn't lose weight fast enough? WOW. Just WOW.
  • Dissecti0n
    Options

Speak for yourself. I regularly make cookies and just eat one or two every day until they run out. I don't believe that cookies are in any way compromising to health when eaten in the context of a healthy diet with an appropriate number of calories.

Yes everyone knows self control. Like just drink 1 cup of soda or just eat 2 cookies. Sure thing.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

You might want to try upping your calories by a hundred or so if you are hungry enough to binge between meals. I've found that vast majority of adults eat an overall healthy and balanced when they allow themselves the freedom to choose what they want to eat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!