Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hey. I just realized that moderation is impossible and portion control doesn't actually work and I have a 5! Pound! Bag of sugar in my cabinet. I normally just have a little in my coffee but what the hell? Be right back!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Having an unhealthy relationship with food is the problem. Doing the bare minimum to lose half a pound a week or less takes almost no work but cutting out a little bit of calories. Moderation is key but if you are addicted to sugar thats not a good thing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLR60G_FAeYJuQCxHlAyuxX33YYotMEhILDW2cvbWnt-paJcZTbcI09g

Hey that 1200 calorie cheese cake from the cheesecake factory taste better than skinny feels and so does that venti caramel latte that is 800 calories from starbucks I could get daily. She doesn't mention eating 1 or 2 cookies a day, its a huge plate of cookies. I dont see how this topic can be encouraging. EVERYTHING taste better than skinny feels, I would like to drink a gallon of chocolate milk..Its kinda like a "no ****" thing.

How about a topic regarding how no food is worth the deterioration of ur health

If you think I fit a whole plate of cookies into a 1700-1900 a day calorie goal...well you must eat crappy cookies. Whomp whomp.

If you want to discuss something else I suggest you go start a thread about it. This one is about cookies.

Im sorry those cookies dont look all that great. No cookie is worth someones health. Who even wants one or two cookies anyways. Then you have dozens of cookies sitting in ur kitchen while you are trying to lose weight? Yes makes perfect sense.

Don't put other people down because you lack the willpower to eat only 1-2 cookies. It's not the cookie ruining someone's health.

Everyone wants to talk about this whole will power thing. Hmm how does that work since most people here are obese? Other than all those ED people and fitness freaks who aren't smart enough to find a bodybuilding forum. So if I loved sitting around and snacking why would I keep those same foods lying around my house? If I love soda and sugar why would I have the temptation right in my cabinet? No one got this way eating 1 cookie. I use will power when I go grocery shopping and dont pick out foods that are highly processed and have tons of sugar/carbs. That is where the will power actually lies.

Wow.

You realize this is myFITNESSpal, right? We "fitness freaks" have just as much right to be here as anyone else.

And I personally find it empowering to learn how to be a healthy weight without cutting all calorie dense foods out of my life. This is the kind of success story that made me feel like I could succeed at this for the long haul when I first joined this site. Different methods and different success stories will work for different people. There's nothing wrong with that.

Clearly this is a place only for weight loss. Which is why we have a section for maintaining weight, gaining weight, and (holy crap) one for fitness as well.

Notice that all of the cookie lovers on this thread, well, aren't obese. Lol.

Shhhhh, you are ruining the logic of somebody who struggles to logic.

And remember passwords.

THERE'S MY PROBLEM!

I don't love cookies enough. THATS WHY I'M FAT *wail*

Hey, I got fat Undereating and binging and then overeating. There's all kinds of strategies.

Thank goodness it wasn't my indifference to cookies.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    THERE'S MY PROBLEM!

Hey, I got fat Undereating and binging and then overeating. There's all kinds of strategies.

You never know...is it worth the risk?
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    THERE'S MY PROBLEM!

You never know...is it worth the risk?

You are right.

*off to find cookies*
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I've sort of just started and I miss yummy cookies and spaghetti very much ;n;. I'm going to try and bring them back into my life (starting with those whoopie pies *drool*). I'm doing mostly treadmill right now and I'm perfecting my squats so I can start stronglifts 5x5 next month. It will be my first foray into weightlifting, so I'm pretty excited. I hope someday I can look as awesome as you do!

I promise you that as long as you stick to a moderate deficit, log as accurately as you can (weigh and measure) and pay attention to trends so you can adjust things as needed you be great.
    I appreciate the encouragement :).

If I may ask you something, I understand that I'll have to increase my protein intake once I start lifting. Right now I'm probably not eating enough but I'm just focused on caloric intake right now, measuring food and eating healthier as a whole-just basically getting into the swing of things. How did you determine how much protein/other macros you had to consume, if it is something that you are considering while lifting?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I did one gram (?) of protein for each pound of body weight, not to exceed 120 grams (?). However, my calorie alottment is high enough that this was never something that I had to watch.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    OP, you are awesome, but you already know that. As for the dumb **** troll, first time I have used the ignore button and its kind of nice. Now if everyone else would ignore this useless waste of skin and stop quoting them, that would be nice. Where are my damn cookies???!!!!???
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Non linear progression is GUD. I just ate myself enough carrot cake to be sick. And it was AWESOME.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I did one gram (?) of protein for each pound of body weight, not to exceed 120 grams (?). However, my calorie alottment is high enough that this was never something that I had to watch.

I'm at .85 grams per pound if body weight which gives me 117g at the moment. I do pay attention to my macros (I hit protien then fat then lolcookies. Or gelato.) But I do have a high enough goal that it usually happens without much work.

Except for my occasional high carb day, which I do biweekly or so.
  • Dissecti0n
    Options
    Having an unhealthy relationship with food is the problem. Doing the bare minimum to lose half a pound a week or less takes almost no work but cutting out a little bit of calories. Moderation is key but if you are addicted to sugar thats not a good thing.

Hey that 1200 calorie cheese cake from the cheesecake factory taste better than skinny feels and so does that venti caramel latte that is 800 calories from starbucks I could get daily. She doesn't mention eating 1 or 2 cookies a day, its a huge plate of cookies. I dont see how this topic can be encouraging. EVERYTHING taste better than skinny feels, I would like to drink a gallon of chocolate milk..Its kinda like a "no ****" thing.

If you think I fit a whole plate of cookies into a 1700-1900 a day calorie goal...well you must eat crappy cookies. Whomp whomp.

If you want to discuss something else I suggest you go start a thread about it. This one is about cookies.

Im sorry those cookies dont look all that great. No cookie is worth someones health. Who even wants one or two cookies anyways. Then you have dozens of cookies sitting in ur kitchen while you are trying to lose weight? Yes makes perfect sense.

Don't put other people down because you lack the willpower to eat only 1-2 cookies. It's not the cookie ruining someone's health.

Everyone wants to talk about this whole will power thing. Hmm how does that work since most people here are obese? Other than all those ED people and fitness freaks who aren't smart enough to find a bodybuilding forum. So if I loved sitting around and snacking why would I keep those same foods lying around my house? If I love soda and sugar why would I have the temptation right in my cabinet? No one got this way eating 1 cookie. I use will power when I go grocery shopping and dont pick out foods that are highly processed and have tons of sugar/carbs. That is where the will power actually lies.

Wow.

You realize this is myFITNESSpal, right? We "fitness freaks" have just as much right to be here as anyone else.

And I personally find it empowering to learn how to be a healthy weight without cutting all calorie dense foods out of my life. This is the kind of success story that made me feel like I could succeed at this for the long haul when I first joined this site. Different methods and different success stories will work for different people. There's nothing wrong with that.

There are sites for these things, like body builder.com and other websites based around things like lifting or how to deal with an eating disorder. This is a website that's main resource is a calorie counting concept, surely that means they intend their users to actually NEED to lose weight..Someone eating cookies is a success story to you? Go look at that other girl that lost like 90 pounds in 1 year.
  • Dissecti0n
    Options

Wow.

Clearly this is a place only for weight loss. Which is why we have a section for maintaining weight, gaining weight, and (holy crap) one for fitness as well.
    That is why the main concept of this site is a calorie counting function. This site is for weight loss. It wants to keep its people around so it has sub forums. However if someone has an eating disorder this probably isn't the first place they should get advice.
  • Achrya
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1194631-mfp-cookie-swap

For my fellow cookie lovers. Let's trade ideas!!!!
  • harmonyhoran
    harmonyhoran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love this! my hubby brought home two giant packets of chunky choc chip cookies last night and ive eaten way too much. luckily I had lost a bit of weight from being sick last week so im just eating it back in cookies :) im definitely a believer of having what makes you happy. if im under my calories for the day and we have treats, ill eat them :) eating that treat is better than having a large daily calorie deficit that I don't need since im maintaining. mmmmm I should go get some more cookie!

well done on your journey :)
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

Wow.

There are sites for these things, like body builder.com and other websites based around things like lifting or how to deal with an eating disorder. This is a website that's main resource is a calorie counting concept, surely that means they intend their users to actually NEED to lose weight..Someone eating cookies is a success story to you? Go look at that other girl that lost like 90 pounds in 1 year.

Are you seriously dismissing a successful body recomposition because someone else lost 90lbs in a year?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Wow.

Are you seriously dismissing a successful body recomposition because someone else lost 90lbs in a year?

Sure is, because OH MY GOD COOKIES ARE EVIL BECAUSE HEART DISEASE AND OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.
  • Agnes_084
    Agnes_084 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OP: love this post! I love your outlook and energy : ) Cookies DO taste better than skinny feels! I'm not going to deprive myself of anythimg, I'll just try to keep it moderation. Congrats on your journey, you look fabulous!
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I'm at .85 grams per pound if body weight which gives me 117g at the moment. I do pay attention to my macros (I hit protien then fat then lolcookies. Or gelato.) But I do have a high enough goal that it usually happens without much work.

I see, so you upped your caloric intake to compensate for the more protein and just made sure to eat it all. Did you use the TDEE method to figure out your calories? Plus in exchange, you worked out more- I'm sure lifting weights is pretty intense XD.

I'll probably follow up more on this next month when I'm (hopefully) ready to lift weights. I'll be sure to ask for more details to make sure I'm doing this right.

Also, just so I'm not picking brains and bugging you (sorry if I am!), here's my contribution to the cookie sharing party:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-pecan-cookies-10000001687693/

these are pretty good, but a little brittle. I might try adding another egg to make them a little softer next time and see what happens.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Troll removed from this thread... thanks to all for reporting. Please carry on with the excellent success being celebrated here.
  • Achrya
    Options

I see, so you upped your caloric intake to compensate for the more protein and just made sure to eat it all. Did you use the TDEE method to figure out your calories? Plus in exchange, you worked out more- I'm sure lifting weights is pretty intense XD.

I'll probably follow up more on this next month when I'm (hopefully) ready to lift weights. I'll be sure to ask for more details to make sure I'm doing this right.

Also, just so I'm not picking brains and bugging you (sorry if I am!), here's my contribution to the cookie sharing party:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-pecan-cookies-10000001687693/

these are pretty good, but a little brittle. I might try adding another egg to make them a little softer next time and see what happens.

Well I upped because I was hangry. No one wants to be around me when I don't have enough to eat; it's an awful awful scene. You can make 100+ grams of protein on a lower calorie goal (That's only 400 calories) but it is much much easier if you're higher up.

I started with the TDEE method but now I use a fitbit which raises my numbers as needed based on activity. My base is 1700 calories (for a 300 calorie deficit) and then it adds calories once I get above 2000 calories burned for the day. Right now I believe it's saying to eat 1946, but I'll probably add a slice of garlic bread to dinner and then call it a night.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Troll removed from this thread... thanks to all for reporting. Please carry on with the excellent success being celebrated here.

Thank you very much Olivia.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!