eating WHATEVER I want but not getting full

Options
1235»

Replies

• riverain
    riverain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight eating whatever you want if you keep the calories low. However, the fine print is you might be miserably hungry at the end of the day from eating whatever you want if it doesn't actually meet your body's needs. And eating what you want won't necessarily make you healthy either. An alternative might be 'eat what you want in moderation, and also eat what your body needs'.

Others have already mentioned this, but adding vegetables and protein will really make a difference in how full you feel. You might trade out the grits for something with fiber in it, like oatmeal or an apple. You might trade out that bag of doritos for popcorn if you want something crunchy. You can sprinkle whatever popcorn spice you like on it and you get to crunch on a lot more pieces of popcorn for the same calories as a bag of doritos. Instead of rice with the pot pie, you might have some vegetables instead.

Personally, plain drinking water has never done anything to make me feel fuller or eat less (I just run to the bathroom more, so maybe that counts as exercise?). However, having water based foods do seem to help me feel fuller. By water-based foods, I mean soups and fresh fruits and vegetables. Look up 'Volumetrics', they have some really good ideas for foods you can eat with low calories that help you feel fuller.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Final point is, you are not willing to make any adjustments to your diet in terms of what you eat, yet you are here to ask how can you get full on the foods you liek to eat.

well you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't eat like a fat kid and be skinny.

Listen to the poster that says you can eat 1700 (of accurate) calories.
    When you calculated your 1300+, you wrongly substracted that from your BMR I think, you should be substracting from your TDEE.

If you have no more than 10 lbs to lose, you shouldn't be losing more than 0.5lb/week. 2lbs/week is recommended for seriously obese people. So i f I were you I'd go the 1lb/week way. Less restrictive and more sustainable long term