I miss food

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am eating broccolli cheese soup tonight because I want it. And because I spent an hour and 15 minutes at the gym today and because its snowing. To balance that out I will have salad.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I am eating broccolli cheese soup tonight because I want it. And because I spent an hour and 15 minutes at the gym today and because its snowing. To balance that out I will have salad.

Sounds delish!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Sounds delish!!

+1
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

LOL WUT?

To balance WHAT out?

I'm sorry.... you might want to reevaluate your relationships with food and possibly consider talking to someone about how to create healthy habits.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My experience: I go on diets all the time. My weight goes up and then it goes down. Been happening since probably around 2006. Most of the time I start on a diet, then I go on vacation and be really bad, and then never go back on the diet. I've been overweight since at least 1997 after I had my children. The highest I've weighed is 200 (female, 5'3, 38 years old). Right now I weigh 174.

I've been back on my diet since January 1 (New Year's Resolution of course), and there are some things I miss. And if you look back through my diet which is public, I haven't been perfect. There are times when I've really blown it. But on January 1st, I weighed 181, and now I weigh 174. I've lost weight even though I wasn't perfect. I think the key is that if you blow it one day, you can't give up. You try again. That's been my problem all along. When I totally blow it, I think 'oh I give up, I can't do this.' I am determined to make this time different. I'm not going to stop. If tomorrow I lose my willpower and go eat a Sonic chicken strip dinner (1050 calories, but I love it) and get a large chocolate shake to go with it tomorrow, the next day I'm going to try again.

As for the 1000 calories a day (I'm doing 1200 a day because I have a goal I'm trying to reach...once I reach that goal, I'm going to go back up to around 1350 a day), you might want to reconsider that. I had someone tell me something that I realized was very true: none of us who are overweight got that way overnight. It was a process, so we're not going to get skinny overnight. It's not a race.

As for as food that you love that you've given up, I agree with you on most of that. When you are on a low calorie diet...even the 1350 a day, there's some things that are just not worth it. I would love to have that Sonic chicken strip dinner, but for most of the rest of the day, I couldn't eat. And there are some things that if I have, I want more of. I miss strawberry shakes, cheesecake, pizza, coca cola, funnel cakes, and lots and lots and lots of bread (I love bread...I could go to Red Lobster and be happy just eating their bread!)
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can't realistically go the rest of your life never eating things you truly enjoy.

Which is why, long term, most attempts at weight loss fail.
    You seem to only reply to the negative and not to the possible solutions. I wish you all the best, but I can't take the emphasis you put on why it can't be done. I'm out.:flowerforyou:

I've had a hard time reading this thread, but I keep going. But this^^^^^^ is spot on.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I miss...chips and salsa. Chips and Guac. F lamming Cheetos. More than one dinky ounce of cheese. Potatoes with cheese and salsa and onions and peppers..a whole baked one. Ice cream. Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. Cheese enchilada. Eggplant Parm. Garlic bread with cheese. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions, diced potatoes and salsa scrambled. Hash browns.

I eat all that stuff but count the calories, I can honestly say there isn't one thing I have given up that I miss. Now I am hungry, lol.. you can have stuff but count the calories and weigh it out. Why deprive yourself, that just leads to cheating. you only cheat yourself when you do that
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

However, I was heartened to read that reductions in body fat do, in fact, cause feelings of cold and hunger

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/fyi-do-fat-people-stay-warmer-thin-people
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You can't realistically go the rest of your life never eating things you truly enjoy.

Which is why, long term, most attempts at weight loss fail.
    You seem to only reply to the negative and not to the possible solutions. I wish you all the best, but I can't take the emphasis you put on why it can't be done. I'm out.:flowerforyou:

I've had a hard time reading this thread, but I keep going. But this^^^^^^ is spot on.
    +100
    SPOT ON.