I miss food

Options
I miss...chips and salsa. Chips and Guac. F lamming Cheetos. More than one dinky ounce of cheese. Potatoes with cheese and salsa and onions and peppers..a whole baked one. Ice cream. Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. Cheese enchilada. Eggplant Parm. Garlic bread with cheese. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions, diced potatoes and salsa scrambled. Hash browns.

Replies

• mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I miss lindt balls. I miss lindt squares. I miss deep dark rich chocolate with s ****load of nuts. Not one almond. A **** load of nuts. Enough nuts to satisfy a squirrel.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Have them then. There's no reason you can't eat these things in moderation
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    So why don't you eat them? I eat most of the things you've mentioned, I just don't eat whole bags of dark chocolate almonds at a time like I used to. :laugh: I still have all the foods I love, I just watch how much I put in my mouth.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

^This.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    In time you will learn to savor and enjoy these items in moderation and no longer need to gorge on them to feel satisfied.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I agree - everything in moderation!

While I've cut out 95% of my sweets, I have found substitutes in fruit when I am craving something sweet and I've cut out Sweetened/Flavored drinks - though I miss them terribly - I limit myself to 1-2 glasses of tea a week (sodas were eliminated almost a year ago)...

Everything in moderation!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    you need a cheat day!! I miss French fries, gold fever wings from the ninety-nine ( I went last night an ha half of the chicken bruschetta entrée, with extra asparagus, no rice....blah!) definitely miss ice cream...peanut butter bash from DQ...mmmmmm, mac and cheese....

Now you have me going!! LOL! I get what you are saying and on days like this, the "have it all in moderation" does not help!! Have a cheat meal, not a cheat day...helps the cravings an does not TOTALLY screw you up, sometimes it even helps.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You might not be able to have ALL of those things in one day or sitting and not break your calorie bank. But I see absolutely no reason why you couldn't have one of those things on a different day of the week.

Monday - larger breakfast

Tuesday - ice cream for desert

Wednesday - Chips and salsa as a snack

Ect...ect... Deprivation diets do not work, they set you up for failure.

Also get yourself some exercise, you are suppose to eat those calories on top of your current goal. Sometimes I workout just so I can eat more.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything. I still eat the foods I love and they fit into my realistic and reasonable goals. If you can't eat a baked potato, a chocolate or two, peanut butter, chips and salsa and guacamole, or a serving of nuts, you need to reevaluate your calorie goal and your weight loss goals.

You've posted so many topics about how miserable you are, and been given so much good advice on doing this without having to be miserable....why continue to torture yourself?

Are you seeing the results you want? And if so, how do you plan to maintain them? By being miserable and missing favorite foods for the rest of your life?
  • mochamommy
    Options
    yep. That's how my mom does it. If you like eating it. DO NOT EAT IT. My parents simply never buy chips, sweets, cheese, nuts, etc. My dad jokes that they live on baked fish, kale and dust. My mom says you loose the cravings completely after 6-9 months if you never give in.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    yep. That's how my mom does it. If you like eating it. DO NOT EAT IT. My parents simply never buy chips, sweets, cheese, nuts, etc. My dad jokes that they live on baked fish, kale and dust. My mom says you loose the cravings completely after 6-9 months if you never give in.
    This makes me sad! Food is fuel, yes, but it is also meant to be enjoyed.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy dark chocolate with a glass of semi-sweet red wine :drinker:

I think that's what I'll have this weekend!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Ugh, what a way to live.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

:noway:

Good luck with that.

Again - why live like that when you can have the foods you love and enjoy life a whole lot more AND lose the fat and have a fit, healthy body? :huh:

I just don't get it.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

:noway:

Good luck with that.

Again - why live like that when you can have the foods you love and enjoy life a whole lot more AND lose the fat and have a fit, healthy body? :huh:

I just don't get it.

This.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

^This.
    x3
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I miss... More than one dinky ounce of cheese. ... Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. ... Eggplant Parm. ... Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions ... and salsa scrambled.

Why can't you have these things?
  • mochamommy
    Options
    Too high in calories. I want to eat more than one time a day, and my exercise burns are too low on weekdays. Eating those knocks me over my calorie limit .
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Too high in calories. I want to eat more than one time a day, and my exercise burns are too low on weekdays. Eating those knocks me over my calorie limit .

So... you're not here asking for advice, you just wanted to rant?
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I miss...chips and salsa. Chips and Guac. F lamming Cheetos. More than one dinky ounce of cheese. Potatoes with cheese and salsa and onions and peppers..a whole baked one. Ice cream. Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. Cheese enchilada. Eggplant Parm. Garlic bread with cheese. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions, diced potatoes and salsa scrambled. Hash browns.

so why not eat them. i had hummus for lunch on monday. i had two whole eggs, flour tortilla and a tablespoon of chipote hummus for breakfast this morning. i had 2 tablespoons of peanut butter yesterday on my toast. my salad had cheese on it yesterday. why can't you eat these things. oh and did i mention i had 2 squares of dark chocolate monday night.