I miss food

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If I ate the recommended servings I would probably be moderate and still lose weight, but this isn't enough to make me feel full or satisfied.
    I must say I'm also not one of those who feel satisfied with smaller portions of treats, so I can't include them in my everyday meals.

Well you certainly don't sound satisfied now.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Again like everyone else, I dont miss a damn thing!!! I eat everything I want, in the correct portion and fit it into my calorie goal for the day!!!! Had pizza for lunch and I have been craving a McGriddles breakfast sammy. May just get that bad boy for breakfast tomorrow!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If I ate the recommended servings I would probably be moderate and still lose weight, but this isn't enough to make me feel full or satisfied.
    I must say I'm also not one of those who feel satisfied with smaller portions of treats, so I can't include them in my everyday meals.

a serving of ice cream tho...or a serving of nuts...

REally...it's not going to make you fat..

I eat lots of treats and still lose weight...you don't have to deprive yourself...

What is going to happen when you just can't deprive yourself any longer and you binge.....what will you do then? totally give up?
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You have a very distorted idea of weight loss and maintenance, and you're setting yourself up to fail.

Also I don't get this. What's weightloss and maintenance then?

Weight loss distortion = thinking you have to only eat certain foods to lose weight and can't lose weight eating things you enjoy.

Maintenance = thinking a.) you can eat the things you want once you reach your goal weight (and often binging since moderation was never learned) or b.) that you'll never, ever eat the things like you like ever again.

I don't personally agree, I know I can still eat certain things I used to enjoy, but I know that I can't do this everyday without expecting to gain weight. Because if I did, I'd still be doing whatever I was doing before dieting, that eventually led me to gain weight.
    Maintenance doesn't remotely need you can binge because then you would be back to zero. But if moderation means I can be full and happy with eating a single slice of pizza (which would perfectly fit into my daily calories), than tell my stomach to be full because it says something else...
  • Weezabella
    Weezabella Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get cutting out sweets and chips if you're trying to break bad habits, but... baked potato, salsa, chickpeas, egg? Those are all healthy foods. If you won't let yourself eat them, then what DO you eat?
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I meant to quote that. And I went and got the blood work and resting metabolic rate test done at a gym, and my metabolism is very low. According to most charts i should have rmr of about 1394, but mine is 1167. So to actually loose without spending two hours in the gym every day, I was told to eat a thousand calories a day by a nutritionist. That makes a lot of salads with minimal dressings, vegetable soups, and yogurts. So, I basically eat salads, soups, steamed veggies and yogurt. Sometimes a veggie sausage patty, usually a string cheese. Lots of fruit.

And my mom is physically active, sleeps enough, and never ever ever gets sick. I also don't think shes ate anything processed, or non free range/organic/locally farmed in years.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "satisfied"? Do you mean feeling full? If that's the case, obviously aim to fill the rest of your calories surrounding a treat with filling ones: protein, fat, fiber.

"Filling" isn't the same thing for everyone. Except I actually eat something and tell you how I feel afterwards, I can't say whether a certain amount of proteins, fats and fiber will make me feel full.

You can bet on it, but I'm surely more satisfied now than when I was eating whatever I wanted and felt bad about it.

I eat lots of treats and still lose weight...you don't have to deprive yourself...

What is going to happen when you just can't deprive yourself any longer and you binge.....what will you do then? totally give up?

Might be just me, but that wouldn't make me feel full. I know it because I've tried eating until I was full during the last 3 weeks of Dec. and gained several kgs.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You have a very distorted idea of weight loss and maintenance, and you're setting yourself up to fail.

Also I don't get this. What's weightloss and maintenance then?

Weight loss distortion = thinking you have to only eat certain foods to lose weight and can't lose weight eating things you enjoy.

Maintenance = thinking a.) you can eat the things you want once you reach your goal weight (and often binging since moderation was never learned) or b.) that you'll never, ever eat the things like you like ever again.

I don't personally agree, I know I can still eat certain things I used to enjoy, but I know that I can't do this everyday without expecting to gain weight. Because if I did, I'd still be doing whatever I was doing before dieting, that eventually led me to gain weight.
    Maintenance doesn't remotely need you can binge because then you would be back to zero. But if moderation means I can be full and happy with eating a single slice of pizza (which would perfectly fit into my daily calories), than tell my stomach to be full because it says something else...

I think you completely misunderstood the post. I posited why someone would think OP had a distorted views, based off of you questioning someone else.

When someone is that restrictive about what they eat, to the point of unhappiness, they can fall into those traps at maintenance, or earlier when still losing weight.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I miss...chips and salsa. Chips and Guac. F lamming Cheetos. More than one dinky ounce of cheese. Potatoes with cheese and salsa and onions and peppers..a whole baked one. Ice cream. Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. Cheese enchilada. Eggplant Parm. Garlic bread with cheese. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions, diced potatoes and salsa scrambled. Hash browns.

All nuts are awesome for you as long as they are unsalted! And you don't eat hummus?? OMG I downed a whole container yesterday LOL. It's awesome! Don't deprive yourself, if you want it eat it. Remember you lose weight by calorie deficit so as long as you are under your goal then you are good to go. Regarding health purposes, yes, try to avoid processed foods but basically from cashews and on in this list all of those are excellent food choices (except for the enchilada - high in calories!) And have yourself a cheat day so you don't eventually quit - I have like 2 cheat days per week because I LOVE food so I can't be away from the high caloric foods that I enjoy. Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    Teach yourself to savor the high cal treats. How you ask?
    - eat them slowly
    - enjoy the flavor and texture
    - when you are eating a treat focuse on it and nothing else so you don't miss the experience.
    - remind yourself when it is over that you will have more, just not now.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I meant to quote that. And I went and got the blood work and resting metabolic rate test done at a gym, and my metabolism is very low. According to most charts i should have rmr of about 1394, but mine is 1167. So to actually loose without spending two hours in the gym every day, I was told to eat a thousand calories a day by a nutritionist. That makes a lot of salads with minimal dressings, vegetable soups, and yogurts. So, I basically eat salads, soups, steamed veggies and yogurt. Sometimes a veggie sausage patty, usually a string cheese. Lots of fruit.

And my mom is physically active, sleeps enough, and never ever ever gets sick. I also don't think shes ate anything processed, or non free range/organic/locally farmed in years.

not sure I would trust the test done at a gym...nor would I trust a "nutritionalist" period...registered dietician maybe...as long as they were current on their studies.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "satisfied"? Do you mean feeling full? If that's the case, obviously aim to fill the rest of your calories surrounding a treat with filling ones: protein, fat, fiber.

"Filling" isn't the same thing for everyone. Except I actually eat something and tell you how I feel afterwards, I can't say whether a certain amount of proteins, fats and fiber will make me feel full.

You can bet on it, but I'm surely more satisfied now than when I was eating whatever I wanted and felt bad about it.

Might be just me, but that wouldn't make me feel full. I know it because I've tried eating until I was full during the last 3 weeks of Dec. and gained several kgs.

You appear to be taking over OP's thread now, but I see you said what I was looking for with my question:

What do you mean by "filling," then? Do you mean emotional? Or mental, in the sense that one can't think of anything but food until it's been consumed, etc.?

Because those are not issues with foods; those are behavioral issues, or disordered eating habits (binging, over-restricting, etc.).
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

not sure I would trust the test done at a gym...nor would I trust a "nutritionalist" period...registered dietician maybe...as long as they were current on their studies.

What kind of gym has the type of setup and staff required to perform an actual metabolic rate test?
  • mochamommy
    Options
    I eat salads, with a very very small amount of dressing, vegetable based soups, fruit, yogurt, vegetables steamed, low calorie vegetable dishes such as amy's light and lean vegan meals. On weekends I will add in some veggie sausage patties, brown rice, etc because I have more calorie burn on those days
  • SezxyStef
    Options

What kind of gym has the type of setup and staff required to perform an actual metabolic rate test?

exactly...and how much did that cost and does the nutrionalist work for the same gym?
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You should incorporate them into your meal plans. :smile:
  • mochamommy
    Options
    And when I say filling, I mean that you have ate enough so that people don't comment on your stomach growling all day.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    I eat salads, with a very very small amount of dressing, vegetable based soups, fruit, yogurt, vegetables steamed, low calorie vegetable dishes such as amy's light and lean vegan meals. On weekends I will add in some veggie sausage patties, brown rice, etc because I have more calorie burn on those days
    You are craving high fat and protein foods because your body is screaming to get these essential macros! Please be good to yourself!
  • mochamommy
    Options
    exactly...and how much did that cost and does the nutritionist work for the same gym?

It cost about $300 and the nutritionist is one who works for the hospital and comes and lectures on healthy eating at the gym for the community. She works for Texas Health Resources which is a hospital chain
  • chelsysutton0522
    Options
    its proven that one cheat day is ok for you. and during the week when you crave salty or sweet things drink a big glass of water and then eat some fruit or a handful of mixed nuts. and your body never loses its cravings. your body craves things for a reason. they have charts on what different cravinngs mean and why.