I miss food

Options

Replies

• castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Too high in calories. I want to eat more than one time a day, and my exercise burns are too low on weekdays. Eating those knocks me over my calorie limit .

But many of the things you listed are perfectly fine. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions and salsa make a great breakfast. Leave out the potatoes if you want to cut the calories down. A moderate serving of Eggplant Parm is fine. Nuts have good fats in them, especially walnuts, almonds, pistachios and macadamias, and it wouldn't take a large serving to satisfy. An ounce of good, full-fat cheese isn't that many calories, and should also satisfy.

What, then, do you eat?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Wait.
    OP are you the 900 calorie per day person who always asks for advice, but never listens to it?
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people think they can't eat what they want. Within moderation is all you have to do! I also just have cheat days and eat whatever I want, and I am certainly still successful!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Wait.
    OP are you the 900 calorie per day person who always asks for advice, but never listens to it?

I remember something posted the other day about unsupportive husband and friends, I believe the term thrown around was "fatso" or something similarly derogatory. Sounds like a lot of people in your life have very unhealthy attitudes toward food and body image in general. Depriving yourself for 6-9 months with no exceptions so that the cravings eventually go away does not sound like solid dieting advice, it sounds like a modified version of Stockholm Syndrome!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I miss lindt balls. I miss lindt squares. I miss deep dark rich chocolate with s ****load of nuts. Not one almond. A **** load of nuts. Enough nuts to satisfy a squirrel.
    I just had a Lindt ball after lunch!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I miss...chips and salsa. Chips and Guac. F lamming Cheetos. More than one dinky ounce of cheese. Potatoes with cheese and salsa and onions and peppers..a whole baked one. Ice cream. Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. Cheese enchilada. Eggplant Parm. Garlic bread with cheese. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions, diced potatoes and salsa scrambled. Hash browns.
    I've eaten almost every single one of those things in the last week.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    chipote hummus

Oooh, was it the Trader Joe one? I friggin love their Chipotle Hummus!!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    So why don't you eat them? I eat most of the things you've mentioned, I just don't eat whole bags of dark chocolate almonds at a time like I used to. :laugh: I still have all the foods I love, I just watch how much I put in my mouth.

+100
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Have them then. There's no reason you can't eat these things in moderation

^This.
    x3

Me four.
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    yep. That's how my mom does it. If you like eating it. DO NOT EAT IT. My parents simply never buy chips, sweets, cheese, nuts, etc. My dad jokes that they live on baked fish, kale and dust. My mom says you loose the cravings completely after 6-9 months if you never give in.

What a miserable way to live. I'll do it my way, which includes eating all the different foods I like, and still be thin, healthy and happy :smile:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    chipote hummus

yes it was! SOOO GOOD and it was awesome with my eggs this morning. just a tablespoon spread on a flour tortilla and 2 eggs. OH SO GOOD!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Too high in calories. I want to eat more than one time a day, and my exercise burns are too low on weekdays. Eating those knocks me over my calorie limit .

Hummus is too high in calories?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    yep. That's how my mom does it. If you like eating it. DO NOT EAT IT. My parents simply never buy chips, sweets, cheese, nuts, etc. My dad jokes that they live on baked fish, kale and dust. My mom says you loose the cravings completely after 6-9 months if you never give in.

I don't get this at all. Why such an all-or-nothing approach to food? IMO, that's an unhealthy way of eating and a sure fire way to set yourself up for failure.

Eat what you want, in moderation. Or lift some heavy stuff and eat a lot of it, like me.
  • Billybegood
    Billybegood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I still have lindt chocolate every day and crisps occasionally but just fit them into my daily allowance. Look at my diary if you want xx
  • ruffnstuff
    Options

Hummus is too high in calories?

Stop it - we all know 50 cals for 2Tbs is ridiculous. No one can eat that much and not get fat. :noway:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I miss deep dark rich chocolate with s ****load of nuts. Not one almond. A **** load of nuts. Enough nuts to satisfy a squirrel.
    While weight loss only requires an easy-to-understand nutritional modification, it takes psychological adjustment to carry it out. I had to stop looking at food as a reward or entertainment. I don't miss overeating anymore, but I did for a while.
  • twixlepennie
    Options

You have a very distorted idea of weight loss and maintenance, and you're setting yourself up to fail.
  • ruffnstuff
    Options
    chipote hummus

yes it was! SOOO GOOD and it was awesome with my eggs this morning. just a tablespoon spread on a flour tortilla and 2 eggs. OH SO GOOD!

You know what else? I like to mix it with either tuna or cottage cheese and put it right in the middle of an avocado half. Squeeze of lime and a little extra hot sauce on top. Mmm.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Eat to live not live to eat.
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options

The hell with that....I never want to lose the cravings. Whats the point of eating if you can't enjoy/love what you are eating. The day I lose my craving for cheese, they can just drop me in the hole and kick some dirt on top of me....