Anybody doing The 21 Day Fix

Options

Replies

• lovelytcr
    Options
    Wow! No wonder I never post in these things. You are rude! For your information, I was googling something about the carbs in the 21 Day Fix & this is one of the first posts that comes up. Obviously, there has been a lot of talk in here about it. I don't use this account, but I did want to reply to the topic, b/c I am enjoying the portion controlled meal plan. People can do whatever they want to do. For those of you who just want to count calories or carbs or use a scale, fantastic. I just wanted to let people know who do need something else, that these containers are not complicated & are helpful in teaching people how to eat the right amounts of foods in the right portions. I haven't been using this site as a business or anything, that's why I have my account the way it is. I'm a busy mom of 2 boys & I started this account sometime after I had my first child. That is all. I'm not sure why you would be upset about my post at all. It doesn't even make sense.
  • lovelytcr
    Options
    Here's the kicker. The containers are easy. It truly isn't complicated. You don't have weigh anything at all. You just use the one according to the food group you are eating & it teaches the right amounts of each food group to eat. Yes, you can totally use a scale if you want to & I am a big believer in doing whatever works for you. So, for some people, this is great. For others, maybe not. I just think it is a great option to have. That is all.:smile:
  • kelketchum
    kelketchum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3. I am and have been starving!! :( not even getting to 1000 calories. I eat all the stuff it says to already just not all the amount of veggies & fruit & I am usually not hungry. I have been at a plateau for a few months now. I was hoping this program would get me over it. Well I just ate breakfast & I am still hungry, weak, & light headed! And today is leg day which I hear is really rough...just not seeing how this is going to work for me. I am trying to build muscle so I have been at like 1500 calories a day...
  • Mdraper12
    Options
    I ordered it and cant wait for it to get here! Im in a challenge group as well. Beachbody programs changed my life. I dropped 50lbs (of course I put the work in, it wasn't just the program). Im mostly excited about the work out programs..30 mins? YES! but I think the Tupperware is a neat idea for people that need to get the portion control together and learn how to eat better.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3. I am and have been starving!! :( not even getting to 1000 calories. I eat all the stuff it says to already just not all the amount of veggies & fruit & I am usually not hungry. I have been at a plateau for a few months now. I was hoping this program would get me over it. Well I just ate breakfast & I am still hungry, weak, & light headed! And today is leg day which I hear is really rough...just not seeing how this is going to work for me. I am trying to build muscle so I have been at like 1500 calories a day...

Not even getting 1000 calories isn't good. If the diet portion of the program isn't working for you, then ditch it. No sense making yourself sick or risking injury during your workouts from being under fueled. If it's a plateau issue, sometimes changing up your workout can be the thing that gets the scale moving again, so maybe just stick with the workouts so you at least get something for your money.
  • R4eBro
    R4eBro Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie limit in the book is 1200, you probably aren't getting enough food ...eat all the fruits and veggies, they provide the vitamins, minerals and calories your body needs! Good luck!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine yesterday , and signed up to be a coach in order to get the discounts . I don't plan to sell anything . I already drink the shakes when I'm home because for some reason I will not make breakfast at home . I have no idea why . I eat breakfast every day when I'm away at work it's really weird ...

Anyhow I like the workouts and thought I would try a new one as well as the containers for home . If You were my friend you would know that I only seem to lose weight at work so I am trying to figure out a good program for when I'm at home every 3 weeks. I have been on this journey since June and obviously it is working but I ve lost 7 pounds since December so I want to see if the problem can be solved with something as simple as this ... Why not ,It's not going to hurt anyone and I will still log my calories no matter what container I use so what the heck ... I hete numbers , so I think that's why I don't weigh my food it would be stressful for me - I'm not saying I wont ever weight it I'm just going to see if this is more comfortable for me .... hey I bought a scale last time I was home ...it's still in the box ...but my Chalene extreme is here in my bag at work .... SO what ever works right?

OP , I can't wait until it comes in late March lol since I waited so long to order :blushing:
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've reverse engineered portion control using the goals MFP set for me. Though I don't use the containers that the 21 day fix comes with. I have to say, my meals are spot on when using a 1 cup, 2 cup, 4 cup container to measure my meals. I can't speak for the 21 day fix, but I can speak for portion control and it has worked for me.
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started 21 day fix today. I have been doing really well since restarting my journey jan.2 but am needing to start toning and defining. Portion control is not an issue so the containers frustrate me. And after I plug everything into my fitness pal I am only at 900 and some. Accordingly I should be between 1500-1600. While my tdee is 1365. Because I have lots of food sensitvity I have modified my scheduled. Increasing proteins, fruits, and vegatables, while carbs are left to a minimum.
    In the meantime, yes I do own a scale, yes I know not to starve, yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
  • latnluvsbaby
    Options
    So what are the measurements of those Tupperware anyway. Like 1/4 cup of cheese or nuts is what your allowed all day?
  • vverhelle
    vverhelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting the challenge with my group on March 3. I have had my pack for about 10 days and have been able to read it all over, revamp my meal plan and I am excited to get started. The containers are idiot proof measuring tools, not used for storage in my house. My target calories are 1905...I have been eating 1200-1400 and not losing so now I get to eat MORE!! There is so much food throughout the day that there is no way I will get hungry. Plus it incorporates my Shakeology! I already do 5-7 different cardio & strength training classes and recently started lifting so the 30 minute workouts had better be worth it. If nothing else, the food lists with breakdown of servings and the idiot-proof measuring containers (plus a bag of Shakeology) are worth the intro price I paid for it since a bag of Shakeology is $130 & I paid $140! I am hoping to crush this plateau I have hit that my regular clean eating and workouts aren't helping with.

Not a BB coach. Shakeology client!

35186598.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vverhelle
    vverhelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about plugging it all into MFP as well, and how it would translate, but then my trainer reminded me that MFP adds calories to your diet based on the workouts we do where as the 21 Day Fix doesn't. So when I log in my food to MFP, I am not logging in my workouts unless I was to just not pay any attention to my overall numbers and just pay attention to each one separately. I really hope that is what you are seeing and that we aren't being lied to about how much we are actually eating.
  • mransom1970
    mransom1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ordered 21 Day Fix from eBay. I did not want to wait till the end of March to get it. I needed a new workout program and loved the idea of the containers and being able to eat whatever I wanted..

But, my problem is that the food plan was not in the box. The seller did say they would send it to me but I want to start NOW!

Can anyone tell me how many of each container I should be consuming at 1300 a day?

If you don't want to post here please email me at mransom1970@icloud.com.
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also ordered the 21 day fix. I called today and they told me that it should be received by the end of March. Does anyone want to be a workout/ accountability buddy?
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    While I like BB workouts such as T25 and P90X, I don't believe in any kind of diet, just eat at a caloric deficit, everything in moderation.

This is a change you want to make for life, not just a quick fix or change, so what happens after those 21 days?

The point of the 21 Day Fix is the science behind the theory that it takes 21 days to make something a habit. They are hoping that by following the 21 Day program you will create your habit and continue to use the program. Mine came with 10 videos. That is quite a bit of variety to continue forward. The 21 Days is more for the "fix" of making it habit than it is for the actual length of the program. If you order Shakeolgy with the program, which is not a requirement, but if you do, your first order you will also get exercise DVDs. There are 2 of them and I believe each has a few videos on it. When I am done with my 21 Day Fix I plan to do a hybrid of the fix with some others. I also have ChaLean, Insanity, Instanity Asylum, Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, 10 Minute Trainer and Tai Cheng. Problem is some of those I get frustrated with because I can't keep up and their isn't enough modified movements. With the 21 Day Fix there are tons of modifications and folks in the videos of all levels and sizes. My hope is to get strong and self confident enough to go through something like Insanity.
  • IrishChik
    Options
    I also ordered the 21 day fix. I called today and they told me that it should be received by the end of March. Does anyone want to be a workout/ accountability buddy?

I'll send you an add!
  • IrishChik
    Options
    I ordered 21 Day Fix from eBay. I did not want to wait till the end of March to get it. I needed a new workout program and loved the idea of the containers and being able to eat whatever I wanted..

But, my problem is that the food plan was not in the box. The seller did say they would send it to me but I want to start NOW!

Can anyone tell me how many of each container I should be consuming at 1300 a day?

If you don't want to post here please email me at mransom1970@icloud.com.

Did they not even send the calculation sheet for figuring out your calories either?
    You'll need that too and do that before figuring out your need of containers because the workout/food are all combined in the container portions.
  • IrishChik
    Options
    I was wondering about plugging it all into MFP as well, and how it would translate, but then my trainer reminded me that MFP adds calories to your diet based on the workouts we do where as the 21 Day Fix doesn't. So when I log in my food to MFP, I am not logging in my workouts unless I was to just not pay any attention to my overall numbers and just pay attention to each one separately. I really hope that is what you are seeing and that we aren't being lied to about how much we are actually eating.

I am still plugging it in. I went and changed my calories on MFP to match the ones calculated on the 21 Day Fix. It's ok that the exercise may not add up right or that the food isn't exact. The tally sheets that come with the program don't have room enough to write out your foods. I have been keeping food journals for years and I like to be able to go back and look at weeks where I lost weight and what foods did I eat. I have journals all the way back to 2000! LOL

The point of the program is to make exercise a habit. It is also trying to teach portion control, which is something a lot of people don't deal with. Instead of telling you, ok eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, they tell you to use a colored container. The point of the colored container isn't to do away with a measure cup, but instead, to do away with boring measures and counting and instead, try something like colored containers to make it fun. The point is to make it fun so its something you will enjoy and make a habit out of.

Some people just need help with that.

If folks are already fit and have their portions under control than this probably isnt a program they need.
  • IrishChik
    Options
    Seriously...how are people so idiotic to say that the fitness programs are unhealthy way to lose weight. You are working out. You're not taking any questionable chemicals in pills and drinks, you're not wrapping, and your certainly not starving yourself...find me a doctor who will say exercise is not a healthy way to lose weight. With healthy eating habits, moderate exercise 3-5 days a week and sleep, you are giving your body a healthy way to lose weight. 3-6 lbs a week is not unhealthy if you are doing it this way. Yes I am a beachbody coach but I am also awaiting my group fitness instructor certification. And I bet the ones saying that is not healthy has no idea what they are talking about.

No one said fitness programs are unhealthy. People said that the advertised claims of large amounts of weight lost over the course of 21 days were unrealistic, as the only way a person would be able to create the caloric deficit needed to do so would to be to engage in some very unhealthy activities that the CG do not allow to be promoted on this site. Reading is fundamental.

Oh, and not a BB coach, but I do have a personal trainer certification and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

What people aren't paying attention to on the before and after photos are the "10 rounds on 21 Day Fix" posted in the middle or the bottom of the photo. There are a lot of people who look like they lost a lot of weight in 21 Days, but what people are failing to read is the rest of the photo where is says how many rounds they did.
  • bechendrix7
    Options
    I just ordered mine today as well... please feel friend to add me!!