Anybody doing The 21 Day Fix

Options

Replies

• Suz_8589
    Suz_8589 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So I should be getting my 21 day fix things by Friday and was hoping to start soon depending on who was joining lol. None of my friends seemed to into it but last night I did make a fb motivation/food recipe page so if anyone maybe wants to meet up in there?? Let me know! This is my first time with 21Df I don't want to do it alone! Lol
  • MrsWarrior
    MrsWarrior Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can find the info how to calculate how many containers you can have. and how much a container "contains" on pinterest and via google. Also a wellknown torrent site has all the 21 day fix dvd's and the booklet.
    So you only have to buy containers.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just cycle commute 45 miles a day (5 days a week), that keeps me fit.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You can find the info how to calculate how many containers you can have. and how much a container "contains" on pinterest and via google. Also a wellknown torrent site has all the 21 day fix dvd's and the booklet.
    So you only have to buy containers.

pirate_tweet.jpg
  • Mamasgonecrazy
    Options
    What weights or other equipment do you need for the program? Looking to do it and just wondering what I need to buy aside from the program. Thanks :)
  • Gingerstar16
    Gingerstar16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got my kit today. You need a light and heavy set of dumbbells or resistance bands. A yoga mat is recommended but not necessary. Ive gotten fixated on walking and using my recumbent bicycle. Not much cardio or weight training. I'm hoping 21 Day Fix will help me find the motivation I've been lacking.

If you want to do the program together or keep in touch periodically to share tips-n-tricks let me know!
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    I am currently on the 21 day fix program. I am not a Beachbody Coach, nor am I a fitness expert, however, I do want to address the certified fitness experts that are saying that it is completely "unrealistic" to lose 10-20 lbs in 21 days UNLESS you are being unhealthy. I don't know the science behind it, but I DO know that I lost 15 lbs in 21 days. Not only did I eat the portions I was supposed to, eat clean (non-processed foods) and exercise 30 minutes a day for 21 days straight (which all seem to be pretty healthy to me), I FELT GREAT! :happy: This is the best I have ever felt and I am 27 years old. I feel alert, I'm in a great mood and and I have energy throughout the day. I'm pretty sure if I was losing weight the "unhealthy" way, I would feel a lot worse than I do. The bottom line is, if your used to eating sugary, processed foods, and you change your diet drastically to eating healthy (eating clean - food as close to it's natural state as possible), and exercising everyday, it is VERY REALISTIC to lose 10-20 lbs in 21 days. Like I said, I'm no fitness expert, but I do know what I have as proof, which is that I lost 15 lbs in 21 days, despite how unrealistic it SEEMS to be!
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    I completely agree with you!
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    I am currently on the 21 day fix program. I am not a Beachbody Coach, nor am I a fitness expert, however, I do want to address the certified fitness experts that are saying that it is completely "unrealistic" to lose 10-20 lbs in 21 days UNLESS you are being unhealthy. I don't know the science behind it, but I DO know that I lost 15 lbs in 21 days. Not only did I eat the portions I was supposed to, eat clean (non-processed foods) and exercise 30 minutes a day for 21 days straight (which all seem to be pretty healthy to me), I FELT GREAT! happy This is the best I have ever felt and I am 27 years old. I feel alert, I'm in a great mood and and I have energy throughout the day. I'm pretty sure if I was losing weight the "unhealthy" way, I would feel a lot worse than I do. The bottom line is, if your used to eating sugary, processed foods, and you change your diet drastically to eating healthy (eating clean - food as close to it's natural state as possible), and exercising everyday, it is VERY REALISTIC to lose 10-20 lbs in 21 days. Like I said, I'm no fitness expert, but I do know what I have as proof, which is that I lost 15 lbs in 21 days, despite how unrealistic it SEEMS to be!
  • corakuykendall1
    corakuykendall1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds doing 2 rounds of 21 day fix. i didnt do the dvd's though I did hot yoga instead

i like this program because it isnt a "get skinny quick" thing. it teaches you a lifestyle change.
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    I completely agree with your post!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds doing 2 rounds of 21 day fix. i didnt do the dvd's though I did hot yoga instead

i like this program because it isnt a "get skinny quick" thing. it teaches you a lifestyle change.

So does a calorie deficit, learning moderation, and a $20 food scale.
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    I am currently on the 21 day fix program. I am not a Beachbody Coach, nor am I a fitness expert, however, I do want to address the certified fitness experts that are saying that it is completely "unrealistic" to lose 10-20 lbs in 21 days UNLESS you are being unhealthy. I don't know the science behind it, but I DO know that I lost 15 lbs in 21 days. Not only did I eat the portions I was supposed to, eat clean (non-processed foods) and exercise 30 minutes a day for 21 days straight (which all seem to be pretty healthy to me), I FELT GREAT! happy This is the best I have ever felt and I am 27 years old. I feel alert, I'm in a great mood and and I have energy throughout the day. I'm pretty sure if I was losing weight the "unhealthy" way, I would feel a lot worse than I do. The bottom line is, if your used to eating sugary, processed foods, and you change your diet drastically to eating healthy (eating clean - food as close to it's natural state as possible), and exercising everyday, it is VERY REALISTIC to lose 10-20 lbs in 21 days. Like I said, I'm no fitness expert, but I do know what I have as proof, which is that I lost 15 lbs in 21 days, despite how unrealistic it SEEMS to be!

****PROS****
    - Busy moms (like myself) can workout at home rather than paying for a babysitter and wasting time driving them there.
    - This kit costs $72.00 and gym memberships cost about $40 a month (so 2 months at the gym have already surpassed the price of the 21 Day Fix Program which includes effective exercises and a nutrition guide)
    - With this plan, your getting a nutrition plan and scheduled workouts. You do not really need to do anything like count calories, or make up your own workout routine because she has that all done for you (If you go to the gym, it would be more expensive to hire a personal trainer to show you the correct ways to workout, and then also hire a nutritionist to make sure you are eating the right portions and healthiest foods)
    - This helps jump start a lifestyle change. It is based on the idea that doing anything for about 21 days creates a habit, making it easier to be successful at the lifestyle change.
    - The workouts can be done by beginners and there is even a modifier in the videos (unlike the P90X where you pretty much have to already have a 6 pack in order to do those workouts)

*****CONS*****
    - Working out at home is not for everybody.
    - I wish there were more containers so that I do not have to constantly wash mine.

I hope whoever is trying to decide if they want to get the 21 Day Fix Program finds this post helpful! :happy:
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This feels like an infomercial........
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    It is what it is. Regardless of how it sounds, I am a regular customer that does not make any money from Beachbody and everything I said in my post is true. I'm sick of 'fitness experts' saying that it is unrealistic. It's discouraging and they are using their status to put false information out there. It's obnoxious. I just wanted to give my UNBIASED observation of the program and what I have truly experienced. If it were an infomercial, I would not have said anything negative about the program at all, or beachbody for that matter. When you think about it, it's just common sense that if you eat clean and exercise you can get amazing results... and this program is a great way to start. Anyone trying to put down a program that promotes a convenient way to eat clean, exercise and use portion control obviously does not have any idea what they are talking about. :)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    It is what it is. Regardless of how it sounds, I am a regular customer that does not make any money from Beachbody and everything I said in my post is true. I'm sick of 'fitness experts' saying that it is unrealistic. It's discouraging and they are using their status to put false information out there. It's obnoxious. I just wanted to give my UNBIASED observation of the program and what I have truly experienced. If it were an infomercial, I would not have said anything negative about the program at all, or beachbody for that matter. When you think about it, it's just common sense that if you eat clean and exercise you can get amazing results... and this program is a great way to start. Anyone trying to put down a program that promotes a convenient way to eat clean, exercise and use portion control obviously does not have any idea what they are talking about. :)

But do you log your food?
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    Well I make my meal plan at the beginning of the week, shop, then prepare my food for the upcoming week (which I have never meal planned before this program, so if I can do it, anyone can do it). They have a simple sheet that I can use to mark off which colors I had at which meal. Meal planning and eating clean is not easy in general, but I think that this program made it as simple as it gets.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Well I make my meal plan at the beginning of the week, shop, then prepare my food for the upcoming week (which I have never meal planned before this program, so if I can do it, anyone can do it). They have a simple sheet that I can use to mark off which colors I had at which meal. Meal planning and eating clean is not easy in general, but I think that this program made it as simple as it gets.

But do you log your food?
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    What do you mean by log my food? Do I have a log of everything I eat after I eat it? No. I don't need one because I stick to my very specific meal plan that I make for myself. Logging my food would be pretty much making a duplicate meal plan, and that just doesn't make any sense.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    What do you mean by log my food? Do I have a log of everything I eat after I eat it? No. I don't need one because I stick to my very specific meal plan that I make for myself. Logging my food would be pretty much making a duplicate meal plan, and that just doesn't make any sense.

How many calories do you eat daily?