Anybody doing The 21 Day Fix

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    We usually people that don't know how to exercise purchase a program that teaches them workouts and/or nutrition.... But you obviously know it all

You can get the same (nutrition and exercise guidance) here on MFP for free.
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We usually people that don't know how to exercise purchase a program that teaches them workouts and/or nutrition.... But you obviously know it all

There are a lot of really knowledgeable people on here but what would someone do to get their advice? If you post in an open forum like this for something tailored to you, you risk all the snark and ridicule. This unfortunately for the unknowing is not a helpful place.

I stopped coming to the message boards a little over a year ago when I saw some girl get blasted for not knowing if she could exercise while on her period. Do you think she started anymore threads? I don't know if she did or not but I wouldn't have.

I came across this post searching Google and I thought oh wow let's see what MFP thinks. But yeah its the same bashing from people who know nothing about the specific thing the OP was talking about.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

There are a lot of really knowledgeable people on here but what would someone do to get their advice? If you post in an open forum like this for something tailored to you, you risk all the snark and ridicule. This unfortunately for the unknowing is not a helpful place.

I stopped coming to the message boards a little over a year ago when I saw some girl get blasted for not knowing if she could exercise while on her period. Do you think she started anymore threads? I don't know if she did or not but I wouldn't have.

I came across this post searching Google and I thought oh wow let's see what MFP thinks. But yeah its the same bashing from people who know nothing about the specific thing the OP was talking about.

So this is better? Yeah.. ok. :yawn:
  • missiontofitness
    Options

..I'm not bashing anyone. I stated a fact/opinion.
    You need to learn the difference between flaming/trolling/bashing, and offering an opinion.
  • CarriLu123
    Options
    Maybe you need to learn not to take things personal. I never said you bashed anyone. I responded to your comment about coming here for advice. I simply explained why for a lot of people that's not an option because this is not a safe place. Example of that is your reply.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Maybe you need to learn not to take things personal. I never said you bashed anyone. I responded to your comment about coming here for advice. I simply explained why for a lot of people that's not an option because this is not a safe place. Example of that is your reply.

You're really grasping straws here.
  • randomtai
    Options

This is not a safe place??? Hide yo kids... hide yo wife!!!

hide-yo-kids-hide-yo-wife-o.gif
  • CarriLu123
    Options

My point has been made for me. THANK YOU
  • randomtai
    Options

My point has been made for me. THANK YOU

You're welcome... Good Luck on your journey. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    Thank you! I have learned my lesson! lol I ill not be posting public messages anymore. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
  • randomtai
    Options
    Thank you! I have learned my lesson! lol I ill not be posting public messages anymore. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Mamasgonecrazy
    Options
    Well, I guess I could be like you and bump up my post count by jumping on threads that I want to criticize.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well whatever I am doing works! Like I said, I lost 15 lbs and I feel great. So If I can be off by approximately 300 calories, lose weight, and feel great, then I'm all for it!

15 lbs of what, though? Water weight? Muscle? It wasn't 15 lbs of just fat. That's why people say it's unhealthy. You said you didn't log, so you have no idea how many calories you were eating or what your macros looked like. Eating "healthy food" isn't enough. If you eat too few calories, you lose a lot of muscle (heart is a muscle as well), and you may not be getting all the nutrients you need. If you're not getting enough fat in your diet, your body can't absorb fat soluble vitamins. If you're not getting enough protein, you will lose muscle. You want to retain as much muscle as possible during weight loss, if for no other reason than the more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns at rest.

I know you think people are arguing with you just to be rude, but there are actually some legitimate reasons why they are asking you the questions that they are.

This is the problem with people who don't know anything about the program criticizing it. The calorie goals range from 1200 to 2300 depending on your weight. I actually log my calories because I like to and I usually take in 1900 calories before exercise. It promotes portion control and exercise. How can that be a bad thing? I know it sounds stupid but when I read the book and planed my food out something clicked inside my brain. I don't use the containers anymore but it was worth it to me for the ahha moment. Disclaimer because you have to here. Not a coach don't get paid by bb

I logged my calories today to see what I was taking in, and had to eat MORE to even hit 1500 calories, even though the number of colored containers I was filling was, theoretically, supposed to be in the range of 1500-1799 calories. I like the fix for teaching portions and eating healthy foods, but I personally am finding it to be very restrictive and unlike most people who have reviewed it, I'm constantly hungry - now I know why. I'm only 143lb and 5'5" - I'm a size 8 and happy with that - but I decided to try the 21 day fix to teach myself to eat healthier.
    That said, since I was so freaking hungry when I got home from work tonight, I just downed a bowl of frozen yogurt. I'm glad it's working for some people, and I'm going to try to keep it up as much as I can until I go on vacation in a couple weeks, but I'm going to eat more because I know I'm not taking in enough calories.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I could be like you and bump up my post count by jumping on threads that I want to criticize.

Like who?
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How big are those containers? Can someone let me know? For example use standard cup measurement.
    Thank you very much.
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I logged my calories today to see what I was taking in, and had to eat MORE to even hit 1500 calories, even though the number of colored containers I was filling was, theoretically, supposed to be in the range of 1500-1799 calories. I like the fix for teaching portions and eating healthy foods, but I personally am finding it to be very restrictive and unlike most people who have reviewed it, I'm constantly hungry - now I know why. I'm only 143lb and 5'5" - I'm a size 8 and happy with that - but I decided to try the 21 day fix to teach myself to eat healthier.
    That said, since I was so freaking hungry when I got home from work tonight, I just downed a bowl of frozen yogurt. I'm glad it's working for some people, and I'm going to try to keep it up as much as I can until I go on vacation in a couple weeks, but I'm going to eat more because I know I'm not taking in enough calories.

Hi Siroggeman, can you tell me exactly how big are those container? For example, the green container = 1cup? and so on. It seem big in the picture.
    Thank you,

Hey, can you tell me exactly how big are those container? For example, the green container = 1cup? and so on. It seem big in the picture.
    Thank you,
    [/quote]
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm starting a new challenge group for the 21 Day Fix on July 7th if any of you are interested in joining. :)
  • cresha19
    cresha19 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to the 21 Day Fix. I want to log my exercise but the database does not have Frog Crunches and Side Shuffle in it. What have others used to log exercise?
  • Mamasgonecrazy
    Options
    If you google it, it's online.
  • tiazinha
    tiazinha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not loving the calorie burn in this program. I got almost double in Ripped in 30. Anyone have good results because I'm not sure I want to "waste" time finishing this. Might go back to Jillian Michaels.