does anyone wanna guess my body fat %?

Options

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get officially tested for body fat percentage on Friday.... Any guesses based off profile photos?

I would guess 24%:flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    20-22% is my guess but it doesn't matter at all. Do you like where your body is at?

ETA: went to your profile page to see a larger, clearer version of the pics. I'm going to change my answer to 24-25%. Perfectly healthy for a female
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Right around 22-23%. It's a great place to be as a woman.

What is your goal? Is it just a certain look or do you have a number in mind? If it is a look, I'd say you look great.
  • DavPul
    Options
    And why do you have us guessing from these tiny, blurry pictures?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    this

we need bigger pictures...from front back and side...flexed and unflexed please.:flowerforyou:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    LOL...I'm going to guess "where I'd love to be someday". Really though, you look great. I would say under 20% somewhere but I'm no expert either.
  • nostress123
    Options
    this

we need bigger pictures...from front back and side...flexed and unflexed please.:flowerforyou:

Sorry, I have yet to figure out how to put pictures up, and I'd rather just keep my pics on my profile...

Sorry folks, perhaps if I was going to ask for guesses i should've been more comfortable with permanently posting flexed/unflexed revealing pictures to this thread...

Thanks for what you all guessed so far, we shall find out tomorrow for reals, and I will post my results here.

Again sorry for the small low quality photos
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    gonna go with 22 - 24%

Looking good!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • nostress123
    Options
    20-22% is my guess but it doesn't matter at all. Do you like where your body is at?

ETA: went to your profile page to see a larger, clearer version of the pics. I'm going to change my answer to 24-25%. Perfectly healthy for a female

I'm guessing at mid 20s too, I've had two kids and have some chub in the hips and stomach area...

And of course I don't like where my body is at... I have some serious ingrained body image issues (formerly cheating husband, naturally skinny older sister, etc), this body fat percentage test is supposed to help me figure out some clear goals, or at the very least show me I'm not overweight or "fat" as I always think I am. Proof in numbers you know?
  • MityMax96
    Options

I'm guessing at mid 20s too, I've had two kids and have some chub in the hips and stomach area...

And of course I don't like where my body is at... I have some serious ingrained body image issues (formerly cheating husband, naturally skinny older sister, etc), this body fat percentage test is supposed to help me figure out some clear goals, or at the very least show me I'm not overweight or "fat" as I always think I am. Proof in numbers you know?

Numbers I don't think will offer you any comfort....
    You have to accept where you are regardless, and go from there.

You have your goals and your focus set now....some BF% numbers shouldn't change that....

But you are going in the right direction, so keep it up.
    It just takes times.....so gotta be patient.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Image issues reside in your head, not in numbers written on pieces of paper. It's okay to use the numbers as a guidepost, but think of it this way....if the results came back at 13%, would it change how you look in the mirror? Or how you feel about your body?

Use the mirror as your guide, learn to feel comfortable in your own skin, and set reasonable goals based on your lifestyle
  • nostress123
    Options
    Right around 22-23%. It's a great place to be as a woman.

What is your goal? Is it just a certain look or do you have a number in mind? If it is a look, I'd say you look great.

Below is a link I found regarding body fat %... I like volleyball player's bodies (16-25%)... and according to that chart "good" is 16-23% body fat... so the number will probably be low 20 or 20% body fat percentage... I dunno, I wanna be at a place where I can look in the mirror and not see or think "CHUB!".

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/normal-ranges-of-body-weight-and-body-fat
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    this

Sorry, I have yet to figure out how to put pictures up, and I'd rather just keep my pics on my profile...

Sorry folks, perhaps if I was going to ask for guesses i should've been more comfortable with permanently posting flexed/unflexed revealing pictures to this thread...

Thanks for what you all guessed so far, we shall find out tomorrow for reals, and I will post my results here.

FWIW whatever the number is, you look amazing.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I wanna be at a place where I can look in the mirror and not see or think "CHUB!".

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/normal-ranges-of-body-weight-and-body-fat

You will always see some part of your body that is not "quite right"......

I am guilty of it.......

Just be aware of that.

Like I said, accept yourself and where you are at now.
    Work towards your goals, and achieve your goals, and that will be gravy on your mashed potatoes. :wink:
  • msterling18
    Options
    100%
  • nostress123
    Options
    Dav and Max- that is solid advice and I appreciate it! I am working on my mind and my body and my soul all at once. I have goals for my mind, and goals for my soul, but I still am working on goals for my body… BF% is just another way to kind of convince my mind/eyes that the mirror is not lying and perhaps guide me to a clear and defined goal.

Thanks again, I really do truly appreciate the support and camaraderie provided by this site!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Dav and Max- that is solid advice and I appreciate it! I am working on my mind and my body and my soul all at once. I have goals for my mind, and goals for my soul, but I still am working on goals for my body… BF% is just another way to kind of convince my mind/eyes that the mirror is not lying and perhaps guide me to a clear and defined goal.

Thanks again, I really do truly appreciate the support and camaraderie provided by this site!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nostress123
    Options
    100%

This is funny and what I needed. Seriously got a smile, ok off to work now, I'll update tomorrow!
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    http://www.musclehack.com/best-bodybuilding-diet-plan-revealed/

If you scroll down just a bit on this page, on the right hand side there's a calculator. Enter your mesurements and it will give you a close percentage.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    this

FWIW whatever the number is, you look amazing.

This as well.