• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    And the result is:
    Body mass: 143.535 lb
    Fat free mass: 121.094 lb
    Fat mass: 22.441 lb
    Fat percentage: 15.6%

Hmmm interesting. I think you look very wonderful and fit but 15% is more what I'd expect in a very muscular defined female. (I'm no where near 15% but am the same height as you and 10 lb lighter so great job!!!)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    And the result is:

Wow - I was way off!

Do the numbers make you feel better? Great job at being really fit, btw.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I would say 23 percent. .I know from the gym the fittest women are still over 20 percent.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    And the result is:

i'm sorry, but no, these numbers are not correct. what method did they use? 15% puts you in the elite fitness competition status, and your pics don't seem to indicate this. or maybe i'm just a hater.

female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg
  • meaganmna
    Options
    I would guess 24-25%. Glad you are feeling healthy!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    And the result is:

i'm sorry, but no, these numbers are not correct. what method did they use? 15% puts you in the elite fitness competition status, and your pics don't seem to indicate this. or maybe i'm just a hater.

nope- not a hater- I'd agree spot on
    waaaaaaaaaay to meaty for 15. (That's not an insult- you look great)

you look good- but 15 is way to low. I'm still thinking you are mid low 20's
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    And the result is:

She used a bod pod, I believe hydration levels can play a part in the results of the bod pod tests
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    And the result is:

Glad I'm not alone, and not trying to be a hater either. This is coming from someone in the mid to high 20s I'm guessing. You just don't look defined enough to be 15%. That's a really low number for any average (non competing) woman to achieve without a ton of work in the gym and with diet. How much did this test cost??
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    I would say 23 to 24%.

***Edit to add*** I have used the bod pod and according to the staff at the Health and Wellness Center there can be up to a 2% margin for error in either direction. But with all that being said she still looks great and I believe the Bod Pod results are fairly accurate considering I am a person who has used it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    15% seems pretty low to me, too, based on your profile pictures. I'm 21% now and "appear" tighter. Maybe the profile pics weren't current? My current profile pic I was between 15 and 18%.
  • nostress123
    Options
    I went to a certified bod pod facility.... I did not eat or drink for 4 hours before the test.... they said it's accurate for within 2%.... now I dunno if I can even trust that
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was guessing mid 20s, maybe I was guessing high

I would guess low 20's 22-23% Whatever it is, you look great!

ETA: Oops! I guess I should have read to the end before guessing. :ohwell:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Do they do this test with a fasted empty gut or anything? Seems like food/water in the gut could make a big difference.

ETA I got simul-post joffed.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I went to a certified bod pod facility.... I did not eat or drink for 4 hours before the test.... they said it's accurate for within 2%.... now I dunno if I can even trust that

I'm sure it is close to accurate. Do you have a current pic, because I'm thinking the pics are throwing everyone off. For the record, you look great.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I agree that your pictures are tiny and maybe miss leading. If you are concerned post larger full body pictures. Possibly flexed and unflexed from the front, back and side.
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I agree that your pictures are tiny and maybe miss leading. If you are concerned post larger full body pictures. Possibly flexed and unflexed from the front, back and side.

I agree maybe your pics aren't current or misleading?
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    And the result is:

That fat free mass # seems high to me. I did the bod pod a few months ago and read up on it beforehand and from what I read, the average lbm (fat free mass is the same thing, right ?) for a woman is about 100 lbs (depending on height of course). I also read a few blogs of women who had done the bod pop and they all had 99 -102 lbs of lbm.
    Anyway, when I did the test I weighed 140 lbs and am 5'6". My results were 99. something lbm and the rest was fat, so 40. something lbs of fat = 28.9% bf. I think my results were pretty accurate though, I wanted it to say 24-25%, but it's possible that I'm closer to 29% bc I still need to lose more weight.

Although my results seemed to be somewhat accurate, there's something the tester told me that made me think the test could easily go wrong. She said she was also 29% and then did it again a couple of months later and was 19%. She did not lose any weight and said the only difference was that she had been eating more protein. Now, this woman is in really good shape -she teaches Body Pump, CXWorks, and a boot camp class at the gym. But, she's also 57 years old and the only way to describe her body would be to say she's very "thick" (not as an insult, it's just that if you didn't know her, she looks like an average older woman) not what I think a woman with 19% body fat looks like.

I'm going to do the test again when I lose another 10 lbs just to see if it changes, but I'm not going to let the results determine how I feel. It's only $12 for me to do the bod pod so, it's not really waste of $, but I think looking in the mirror may give me about the same result.
    Sorry, didn't mean to write a novel!

To the op, I think you look great, but I would have guessed anywhere from 22-25% for you.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I would have guessed low 20s...based on what I believe mine is...but regardless when I look like you I will be esctatic...good on you.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I think you look very lean but not 'too shredded' (for my own tastes is all). Your abs are similar to mine, so I could use your avi as my fitspo picture, lol. I only wish I could get that lower part to look like yours!

But I am no good at guessing BF%, so I'm no help. I was tested at 115 LBM when I was lighter a few years ago (and 5'6" too), so I'd say your LBM sounds reasonable if you lift, though.