does anyone wanna guess my body fat %?

Options

Replies

• nostress123
    Options
    Pictures are current as of the past month I think.... so you're all telling me the bod pod was inaccurate by about 5-10%.... hmm wish I hadn't done it now
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bod pod was very inaccurate for me, luckily I got the opportunity to do hydrostatic weighing soon after that (about a month later) and my BF is 19.5%.
    Just based from that, I would have guessed you are about 24-25. You look awesome though, and you should keep up the good work and not worry so much about the numbers. :smile:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    too late...
  • nostress123
    Options
    Bod pod was very inaccurate for me, luckily I got the opportunity to do hydrostatic weighing soon after that (about a month later) and my BF is 19.5%.
    Just based from that, I would have guessed you are about 24-25. You look awesome though, and you should keep up the good work and not worry so much about the numbers. :smile:

I was hoping to be in maintenance and a 15% body fat would be maintenance worthy.... I don't want to keep up....lol I wanna be done, slight whining. Haha, darn bod pod getting my hopes up
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You should never be done with improving yourself, take it as a challenge. :happy:
    I don't wanna go much lower on my BF, but I still have goals- lift heavier, run faster, grow bigger hamstrings. :drinker:
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options

I was hoping to be in maintenance and a 15% body fat would be maintenance worthy.... I don't want to keep up....lol I wanna be done, slight whining. Haha, darn bod pod getting my hopes up

How much do you lift? Do you have pics flexing? 15% is pretty hard to maintain.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I was going to guess 16%! You look good and have lots of muscle. The Bod Pod (besides the DEXA scan) is the most accurate method of measuring BF%. You look amazing!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Then be done! Are you happy with what you see in the mirror? Are you at a healthy weight and body percentage? Then you are done.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You know what? If you feel happy with your body and want to maintain your physique as it is- then it already is maintenance worthy! It really doesn't matter what number it is. Whatever the number is, I can say from your pics that you appear to be well within the visual limits of what is 'healthy' for a woman. The only numbers that would tell a different story would be bloodwork (chlolesterol and other health markers), blood pressure, etc. From appearances, you look healthy and fit and if you like it then you can go in to maintenance whenever you want!

Also, TBH, 15% would actually be rather difficult to maintain realistically. It's a BF% most often seen in women in competition and athletes. Olympic gymnasts keep 12-14% (I think), to put it in to perspective of how lean 15% really is. 12% is the essential fat for a woman- meaning at less than 12% fat you are risking serious hormonal disruption, amenorrhea, and other healthy complications.
  • nostress123
    Options
    Busyrae, I'm never happy with the mirror or the scale, and now I'm doubting if my body fat percentage was accurate.... it was supposed to help me with finding a goal
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Busyrae, I'm never happy with the mirror or the scale, and now I'm doubting if my body fat percentage was accurate.... it was supposed to help me with finding a goal

Well, I think you look great. Your legs and triceps look killer. You have my permission to be done. :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    15% isn't "maintenance worthy" it's contest worthy. Adjust your expectations to something more realistic
  • nostress123
    Options
    Dav, before the test I was expecting mid 20s and shooting for 20ish.... now that it says 15.6%.... I kinda adjusted my expectations
  • nostress123
    Options

Well, I think you look great. Your legs and triceps look killer. You have my permission to be done. :drinker:

That was sweet! Not that I'm looking for anyone's permission, but still sweet and I'll take it ;-)
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Body Fat Percentage and BMI are not the same thing. You are asking what Body Fat Percentage you are, but Rachel from BL was only mentioned as far as 18.5% BMI.
    Body Fat Percentage is the weight of a person's fat divided by the person's weight.
    BMI is a measure of the weight of a person scaled according to their height

Normally these are not the same number.

BMI is not a percentage....it would be a BMI of 18.5-which is still normal, but is the normal BMI cut off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    19%-21%

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I went to a certified bod pod facility.... I did not eat or drink for 4 hours before the test.... they said it's accurate for within 2%.... now I dunno if I can even trust that
    Did you use a breathing tube too? If not, the air displacement from breathing can skew the results. Especially if you might have been nervous and breathed faster.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Figuring Sub-20 because you can see some muscle definition and abs
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    26.2 %
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

What exactly would you be doing differently if you were "done"? Never lift a weight again? Never count a calorie again?

It seems to me that the only thing that will change will be that you will stop obsessing over it. But you can do that right now, and still progress. It's not the obsessing that's getting results, it's the small day-to-day things such as eating a little bit less and doing a little bit more--and you could do that 100% obsessing & worry-free. You look fantastic and you could "polish" things from a "maintenance state-of-mind", if you so choose. Just put the obsessing aside and look at this as a lifestyle change and gradually, over time, you'll fall into the perfect place that you want to be.

Truly, you are a picture of fitness and health and beauty, so I hope you'll just take your success and live the life of a beautiful, healthy, fit person. :flowerforyou: