tattoo argument with spouse

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Where are Mikey & DMZ when you need them??
    I think he's given up on those personas and decided to just stick with this one. The other two seemed focused only on threads by singletons asking for dating advice. Nutella gets around more.

tumblr_m7f65dSbsv1rziwwco1_500.gif
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Listen to your husband and hopefully he will be your only one.
    Oh, and I have to say..not to be rude but it's not suprising that a comment like this comes from a much older generation....
    It isn't a generation thing. She's the same age as my mom and her friends and NONE of them think this way.

I do, however, work with a lot of women (who are much younger) who do. I happen to live in the Bible Belt. Look at her profile.

You're right, my parents are around that age and would never say such things.
    The Bible Belt...no offense but that would be my hell.....
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I have to say..not to be rude but it's not suprising that a comment like this comes from a much older generation....
    It isn't a generation thing. She's the same age as my mom and her friends and NONE of them think this way.

I do, however, work with a lot of women (who are much younger) who do. I happen to live in the Bible Belt. Look at her profile.

I thought the picture of her and husband along with having 12 kids was a wonderful top off to her brilliantly epic comment.

I mean she struck at the very core of the whole master-thesis of the OP with a phrase that was barely a few words but came down like the Titanic on all your arguments.

Dude, do you know what a thesis even is?
    And the Titanic didn't "come down" on anything, it filled with water in one end, and sank.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

My mother is that age and has a tattoo. On her neck.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It has its moments, but where I live is a bit more diverse than other places in the region, so it's not as in-your-face. But it's there.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Looked at her profile, holy crap. Okay, I get it.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Some people are really old school and conservative when it comes to tatoos and piercings and such.

I've always wanted a nose piercing when i was a teen. My parents refused. Then i got married and my husband said it would be unprofessional and it would hurt my career growth.

So when i turned 40 i said "F" everyone I am going to do what I want to do. I didnt tell anyone and I got a nose piercing. It was the most liberating thing I've ever done because I didnt "conform" to society.

It didnt get me fired and my husband got used to it and likes it.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My argument is the other way round :laugh: :laugh:
    boyfriend wants me to get one on my thigh but I'm terrified of needles plus if i did get one it would be like my back or somewhere i could hide a little easier
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I mean she struck at the very core of the whole master-thesis of the OP with a phrase that was barely a few words but came down like the Titanic on all your arguments.

Do-not-think-it-means.jpg
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options

I agree. When u become married ur body is not your own but now belongs to your husband and VISE VERSA. It's not just you that has to live with the tattoo he does too. It's not something like dying your hair that is temporary. I wouldn't get one anyway but if I knew my husband was against it I wouldn't get one just like I know if the situation was flipped he wouldnt.

Thats because you actually know the meaning of love.

These broken women weren't loved as children so they don't know how to love in return, to cherish it, to sacrifice for it.

They don't realize how low their value is on the market because there will always be some loser who puts in work for their vagina.

But that is not love.

What isn't love is not recognizing your husband or your wife is not YOU, when you get married you come together as a team you do not automatically own that person or their body. Marriage is sharing yourself with someone else it is not a purchase your husband does not own you your wife does not own you.

When you get married you should know each other well enough to know what the other persons interests, beliefs, as well as preferences are if you love tattoos and your partner does not that should have factored into your decision to become life partners. If a tattoo means a lot to you it should have meant a lot to you before you got married and should have been discussed.

I believe a true expression of love is acceptance, to accept and love your partner for all their flaws all their incompatibilities with you as well as all of their interests that may not be exactly what you like. Love is loving someone who compliments you in every way, who is different from you and makes you experience life outside of your own bubble. Love is two imperfect people coming together and loving each other despite your differences and embracing you for who are not who they want you to be.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Do-not-think-it-means.jpg

His over-use of the word reminds me of a toddler who just learned a new word and thinks they can use it all willy-nilly. Like a toddler running around screaming an obscenity. Kind of cute, but kind of sad too.
  • JZ_Evolution_Mark2
    Options
    I have several tattoo's... Large ones and small ones... I have the idea that if a tattoo is meaningless and doesn't represent something significant in your life and beliefs.. then YES it is defiling the body and shouldn't be tattoo'd on forever. Such items would be flaming skulls and tribal tattoo's (although common, most people aren't of the nationality to have one)...
    Now, conversly... I feel that a tattoo with meaning and significance is a positive thing. Personally I have a Pin Up on my right rib cage... This is because I am a Pilot and I am in aviation building aircraft for the military... Also, my grandfather flew as a tail gunner in WW2... So for me aviation and bomber art is a part of who I am...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I agree. When u become married ur body is not your own but now belongs to your husband and VISE VERSA. It's not just you that has to live with the tattoo he does too. It's not something like dying your hair that is temporary. I wouldn't get one anyway but if I knew my husband was against it I wouldn't get one just like I know if the situation was flipped he wouldnt.

These broken women weren't loved as children so they don't know how to love in return, to cherish it, to sacrifice for it.

They don't realize how low their value is on the market because there will always be some loser who puts in work for their vagina.

But that is not love.

What isn't love is not recognizing your husband or your wife is not YOU, when you get married you come together as a team you do not automatically own that person or their body. Marriage is sharing yourself with someone else it is not a purchase your husband does not own you your wife does not own you.

When you get married you should know each other well enough to know what the other persons interests, beliefs, as well as preferences are if you love tattoos and your partner does not that should have factored into your decision to become life partners. If a tattoo means a lot to you it should have meant a lot to you before you got married and should have been discussed.

I believe a true expression of love is acceptance, to accept and love your partner for all their flaws all their incompatibilities with you as well as all of their interests that may not be exactly what you like. Love is loving someone who compliments you in every way, who is different from you and makes you experience life outside of your own bubble. Love is two imperfect people coming together and loving each other despite your differences and embracing you for who are not who they want you to be.

THIS^^^^^ Preach!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options

You live in Florida. That is hell! haha
  • rml_16
    Options

You live in Florida. That is hell! haha
    I do not disagree. :smile:
  • nutellabrah
    Options

But that is not love.

In my opinion, the love I have is of a superior saturation compared to the love you expressed.

But this comes from me being so dominant socially and having such a high level of chemistry and charm with women.

They get super horny at what I do to them. And the pleasure they get is actually DERIVED from being subservient.

Referencing back the the master-stroke page-1 comment of the master-thesis, she was Christian! And though I am atheist, I thought it was a potent commentary on the way Religion teaches the beauty of being a good servant. Not female to male, but even male to male or general to a higher power (God, your boss, parents/familiy)

There is a certain point in the big picture where you realize, all the systems of society and the totality of our socially transmitted behavior patterns, morals, ideas, values, and all other products of human work and thought are based on a Leader-Follower relationship.

From the dawn of civilization (and the first profession ;) all the way up until Twitter.

There has always been such a dynamic. It just works better. Two alphas head butting don't work.

So who is the one who should be who? There is pleasure in both. Which one is which?

Well I guess testosterone will decide that one. Who ever was genetically born with more. And if we go back to the idea that everyone wants attention, girls have the better benefits on their side arguably.

So my love is a lot more potent because I have high levels of testosterone to the point where girls actually ENJOY being beta to me because like the Bible teaches, there is in fact pleasure there.

Unless you're insecure....

In which case you get a tat and end up alone with cats.

She said "listen."

Not obey, not even respect.

Just to listen, is that so unreasonable?
  • rml_16
    Options
    In my opinion, the love I have is of a superior saturation compared to the love you expressed.

But this comes from me being so dominant socially and having such a high level of chemistry and charm with women.

They get super horny at what I do to them. And the pleasure they get is actually DERIVED from being subservient.

Referencing back the the master-stroke page-1 comment of the master-thesis, she was Christian! And though I am atheist, I thought it was a potent commentary on the way Religion teaches the beauty of being a good servant. Not female to male, but even male to male or general to a higher power (God, your boss, parents/familiy)

There is a certain point in the big picture where you realize, all the systems of society and the totality of our socially transmitted behavior patterns, morals, ideas, values, and all other products of human work and thought are based on a Leader-Follower relationship.

From the dawn of civilization (and the first profession ;) all the way up until Twitter.

There has always been such a dynamic. It just works better. Two alphas head butting don't work.

So who is the one who should be who? There is pleasure in both. Which one is which?

Well I guess testosterone will decide that one. Who ever was genetically born with more.

So my love is a lot more potent because I have high levels of testosterone to the point where girls actually ENJOY being beta to me because like the Bible teaches, there is in fact pleasure there.

She said "listen."

Using big words does not make you sound intelligent when you clearly don't even know what they mean.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Referencing back the the master-stroke page-1 comment of the master-thesis, she was Christian! And though I am atheist, I thought it was a potent commentary on the way Religion teaches the beauty of being a good servant. Not female to male, but even male to male.

Well I guess testosterone will decide that one. Who ever was genetically born with more.

She said "listen."

wow.

you are, quite possibly, one of the ugliest men I have had the privilege of interacting with.

(eta: and that it quite an achievement!)
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    2, he is fine with me getting a tattoo. He was only upset that I'll enjoy shocking a few people.
    Um ...

I don't even know what to say to this.

I am starting to think the whole issue here is her husband doesn't like her reasoning for getting such a large tattoo and that she apparently decided to have a discussion with him about this after having "only 3 beers." It didn't help that her original post when she came here to share/vent was poorly constructed which lead to 6 pages of responses.

EDIT: make that 7...and counting

And we have a winner! I do apologize for the poor construction. I'm dyslexic, writing is not one of my strengths.

However the post appears to have sparked some interesting debates.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies.

But this is a tricky subject. If my husband were to "forbid" me from doing something I wouldn't do it. However, my husband would never "forbid" me from doing something. Same in reverse. Get it?