Biggest Loser's Rachel Frederickson's 155 weight loss??

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing! Would like to know her secret to having tight skin like that. :happy:

Hope you're joking...she easily looked ten years older in her face alone!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am not a watcher of the show.. but wow that's some amazing weight loss..

Y'all DO realize that there is controversy surrounding her weight loss, right? They're saying that she lost so much that she's underweight, according to her BMI. People are not in agreement with the show rewarding her for something that is potentially dangerous to her health and well-being.

Just thought I'd share that...

It's a GAME show for goodness sakes she was in it to win it, she had the most weight loss, so she deserves to win. She worked her butt off "literally"!

You're...uh...

...just...

Nevermind...*kitten* it.

...Not worth it.

You're learning, my dear friend!!
  • fittoday14
    Options
    Young women who were previously athletic tend to do well on this show. In my opinion she looked a bit gaunt, but if I were 28 and had a chance at $250K, I would have pushed it too. She can always add some back, and probably will. It really made me rethink my goals, though. Thin is great, but skinny looks icky on women past a certain age.

She looks a lot older now that all that fat is gone.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Y'all DO realize that there is controversy surrounding her weight loss, right? They're saying that she lost so much that she's underweight, according to her BMI. People are not in agreement with the show rewarding her for something that is potentially dangerous to her health and well-being.

It's a GAME show for goodness sakes she was in it to win it, she had the most weight loss, so she deserves to win. She worked her butt off "literally"!

You are here (you) < and the point ........................................................................................................................over here. >.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Why do we need another thread about this?

Didn't know there was another one.. sorry but don't read and post if you don't want to talk about it.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

You're...uh...

...just...

Nevermind...*kitten* it.

...Not worth it.

You're learning, my dear friend!!

:wink:
  • fittoday14
    Options
    I'm sorry. She looked awful. She was quoted as saying she did cardio all day. All. Day. She lost 45 pounds in three months. She lost a ton of muscle.

That's not good.

Can't be good.
  • mpalacio
    mpalacio Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This lady worked her butt off and lost 155 pounds and now she is getting nothing but negative feedback! Wow really!! Now tell me winning $250K and getting healthy wouldn't motivate you to do the same and WIN IT! Its a competition ppl and what do you join for if it not to win...come on ppl either your to fat or to skinny!! Good for her I support this girl she deserves praise but societys gotta crush her bubble! Well if more ppl would get their butt of the couch and put their time and energy into a great workout instead of knocking someone down after such a big accomplishment maybe obesity wouldn't be an issue in the world! Essshh!!!
  • Mimi_Dawn
    Mimi_Dawn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Although I applaud her for the hard work she has done, Lord knows we're all there and without the trainers and experts to tell us how to eat but I'm interested in seeing her a year from now. I don't think she lost the rest of that weight in a healthy manner after she left The Ranch. But I hope she can maintain and keep a healthy weight from now on for herself.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When she left the ranch she was 19% BF and had 121lbs of lean mass and 28.5lbs of fat. Now she is 105lbs. So she lost AT LEAST 30lbs of lean mass IN A MONTH. That is a HUGE amount of lean tissue that she's catabolized in a very short amount of time between the second last episode filming and the finale. Shes not somebody you should look up to, JMO. Losing 45lbs in a month is extreme for anyone, but its ridiculous for someone who was already in a normal weight range. She had to have had a 5000+ deficit a day.

YES! This exactly! I felt that she may have been unhealthy in losing that much weight in such a short time. I'm currently 154 and had trouble losing 8 pounds in 4 weeks! 45 in 3 months just seems ridiculous!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't watch the show. I have seen the pictures. I don't think she looks great at all. too thin IMO.
  • turtledove773
    Options
    Young women who were previously athletic tend to do well on this show. In my opinion she looked a bit gaunt, but if I were 28 and had a chance at $250K, I would have pushed it too. She can always add some back, and probably will. It really made me rethink my goals, though. Thin is great, but skinny looks icky on women past a certain age.

For 250K I would be working out all day too! LOL After I had won then I would relax and eat at least a cheeseburger or 2! :bigsmile:
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    When she left the ranch she was 19% BF and had 121lbs of lean mass and 28.5lbs of fat. Now she is 105lbs. So she lost AT LEAST 30lbs of lean mass IN A MONTH. That is a HUGE amount of lean tissue that she's catabolized in a very short amount of time between the second last episode filming and the finale. Shes not somebody you should look up to, JMO. Losing 45lbs in a month is extreme for anyone, but its ridiculous for someone who was already in a normal weight range. She had to have had a 5000+ deficit a day.

Exactly!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    This lady worked her butt off and lost 155 pounds and now she is getting nothing but negative feedback! Wow really!! Now tell me winning $250K and getting healthy wouldn't motivate you to do the same and WIN IT! Its a competition ppl and what do you join for if it not to win...come on ppl either your to fat or to skinny!! Good for her I support this girl she deserves praise but societys gotta crush her bubble! Well if more ppl would get their butt of the couch and put their time and energy into a great workout instead of knocking someone down after such a big accomplishment maybe obesity wouldn't be an issue in the world! Essshh!!!

So you're saying it's completely fine to emaciate yourself and endanger your health and life as long as you win a bunch of money?

Okay
  • pglets
    pglets Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not a month -- they left the ranch in October according to what they said on the Finale program -- so 4 or 5 months.
  • mpalacio
    mpalacio Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    She looks like Skeletor :noway:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

You are here (you) < and the point ........................................................................................................................over here. >.

^^Agreed.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Why do we need another thread about this?

Didn't know there was another one.. sorry but don't read and post if you don't want to talk about it.

This is like the 4th or 5th one.

And I can post wherever I want :angry:
  • turtledove773
    Options

'Standing up and applauding' I agree 100%!! My hats off to the lady! She didn't get there sitting on the couch! Like you said it's a competition and I think people keep forgetting that...