Biggest Loser's Rachel Frederickson's 155 weight loss??

Options

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's a GAME show for goodness sakes she was in it to win it, she had the most weight loss, so she deserves to win. She worked her butt off "literally"!

You are here (you) < and the point ........................................................................................................................over here. >.

^^Agreed.
    [/quote]It's my post and the point of it is that she worked hard and regardless of what she weighs, she go the job done and won the GAME. It's called the Biggest Loser, not the Healthiest Loser there is a $$$ prize for the biggest loser of weight, so what if she did it the wrong way or went overboard? It's highly doubtful she will continue to do that now that she won. It's also doubtful she did any permanent damage to herself for going to that extreme. I say let the lady have her reward and I am sure ABC is all smiles and giggles about all the controversy people are creating over it.[/quote]

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yes, it's your post, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll posty, post, McPosterson all over YOUR insane little post. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

:heart: :heart: :laugh:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Dear Jillian Micheals,
    Me next! Do me next! Rachel and Jillian standing next to each other looked really similar. I love Jillian's shape and would kill to have it as well.
    :love:

Jillian Michaels is 5'2" and 115lbs and her head is proportionate with the size of her body. Rachel, on the other hand, has a giant head sitting on a tiny, anorexic body. No wonder she tripped going up to the scale. Her body couldn't hold up her giant head.

These were my thoughts exactly. She did not look well at all! Her head looked WAY too big for that teeny tiny, sickly looking body!
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's a GAME show for goodness sakes she was in it to win it, she had the most weight loss, so she deserves to win. She worked her butt off "literally"!

You are here (you) < and the point ........................................................................................................................over here. >.

^^Agreed.
    [/quote]It's my post and the point of it is that she worked hard and regardless of what she weighs, she go the job done and won the GAME. It's called the Biggest Loser, not the Healthiest Loser there is a $$$ prize for the biggest loser of weight, so what if she did it the wrong way or went overboard? It's highly doubtful she will continue to do that now that she won. It's also doubtful she did any permanent damage to herself for going to that extreme. I say let the lady have her reward and I am sure ABC is all smiles and giggles about all the controversy people are creating over it.[/quote]

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yes, it's your post, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll posty, post, McPosterson all over YOUR insane little post. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

Haha :bigsmile:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I don't watch the show but I saw the pictures. When you consider the old adage that the camera adds 10 lbs, I don't even want to think about what she looked like in person. The pictures of Jillian's reaction pretty much say it all.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I don't watch the show but I saw the pictures. When you consider the old adage that the camera adds 10 lbs, I don't even want to think about what she looked like in person. The pictures of Jillian's reaction pretty much say it all.

^^This. I didn't even factor that in. Sheesh!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i think she looks great. cant stand the people complaining that she is too small... some people like that look, having that super slender frame... i think she looks great, and i wish i could look like that!!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I think she looked great.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If I looked like Rachel, I really wish no one would tell me I looked great. I wish they'd love and respect me enough to slap some sense into this *kitten*.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    If I looked like Rachel, I really wish no one would tell me I looked great. I wish they'd love and respect me enough to slap some sense into this *kitten*.

^^Lol, this! Me, too.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    i think she looks great. cant stand the people complaining that she is too small... some people like that look, having that super slender frame... i think she looks great, and i wish i could look like that!!!

There is a difference between someone with a slender frame and someone with signs of starving themself. Seriously...I can't get over the derp factor in this thread.
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When she left the ranch she was 19% BF and had 121lbs of lean mass and 28.5lbs of fat. Now she is 105lbs. So she lost AT LEAST 30lbs of lean mass IN A MONTH. That is a HUGE amount of lean tissue that she's catabolized in a very short amount of time between the second last episode filming and the finale. Shes not somebody you should look up to, JMO. Losing 45lbs in a month is extreme for anyone, but its ridiculous for someone who was already in a normal weight range. She had to have had a 5000+ deficit a day.

Love the science and I completely agree but I do think it's a shame people are speaking so poorly of her under the guise of concern. I don't like people commenting about my weight so I don't like to comment on anyone else's. I do believe that the show really does shed a poor light by promoting this type of weight loss that, as your information points out, is dangerous. I can only opine on the show. As for her, God bless her and I pray she has a long healthy life.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

There is a difference between someone with a slender frame and someone with signs of starving themself. Seriously...I can't get over the derp factor in this thread.

Gah, yes! This. *head desk*
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So lemme get this straight - totally fine to gawk and be horrified at 650 lb people getting cut out of their houses on a TLC special, but not okay to be concerned about someone who should probably eat more.

Got it...
  • lmfbs
    lmfbs Posts: 72 Member
    Options

It's my post and the point of it is that she worked hard and regardless of what she weighs, she go the job done and won the GAME. It's called the Biggest Loser, not the Healthiest Loser there is a $$$ prize for the biggest loser of weight, so what if she did it the wrong way or went overboard? It's highly doubtful she will continue to do that now that she won. It's also doubtful she did any permanent damage to herself for going to that extreme. I say let the lady have her reward and I am sure ABC is all smiles and giggles about all the controversy people are creating over it.

So what? The 'so what' is that this is sending a terrible, terrible message to viewers. IMO it's not much different to cutting off a limb or doing cocaine on TV in order to lose weight - glorifying that sort of unhealthy lifestyle in the guise of 'health' is disgusting.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

sorry, i disagree. i think she looks good.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Oh damn girl I didn't even recognize it was you! Nice profile pic! Dat *kitten*! :love:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

sorry, i disagree. i think she looks good.

I don't care what YOU think. Your opinion doesn't change my opinion. Lol!

Agree to disagree...and walk away?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Oh damn girl I didn't even recognize it was you! Nice profile pic! Dat *kitten*! :love:

hahaha! Thank you!!! It's my fluffy booty that I'm trying to turn into buns o' steel over here. :laugh:
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yes but did she have thigh gap? I forgot to check.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    i also dont believe the scale was correct. she doesnt look 105 to me! she looks a little bigger than 105.