What was the most FUN job you have had?

Options
seltzermint555
seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
I don't mean the *BEST* job, highest salary, most interesting, challenging, etc.

But which job have you had that was the most FUN on a daily basis?

Mine was working at a bread store weirdly (over a decade ago). I loved it because it was quite small and not that busy, and my boss and coworker were both very hard workers so the three of us just worked and joked around for 8 hours a day making it feel like about 3 hours. We laughed until we cried almost daily - and also burned a lot of calories cleaning, stocking, etc - even around all of the Twinkies and Ho Hos.

I almost picked being assistant manager of a chain bookstore...but then I remembered how completely obnoxious many of our customers were, so no...

Replies

• beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Waiting tables when I was in highschool and in college. We would close the place down and stay there all night drinking and dancing and playing cards.

2nd fun job was when I was in a salon, we had a good fun group and it was like getting paid to hang out with my friends all day long.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    When I worked restaurants in HS and part of college. Everyone is stoned out of their minds, doesn't matter the restaurant, everyone from the dishwashers to the wait staff are fried.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Waiting tables when I was in highschool and in college. We would close the place down and stay there all night drinking and dancing and playing cards.

2nd fun job was when I was in a salon, we had a good fun group and it was like getting paid to hang out with my friends all day long.

Those jobs both sound fun!!

I worked in a social service agency with a really great group. It was actually a very hard job and very stressful but the people I worked with made it bearable and even fun at times.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Had my own TKD school in the late 70's and into the 80's. Relocated in 1987. Met my wife and had to get a real job.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I was a room service server at a hotel back in my early 20's. It was great because there were always musicians staying at the hotel so I got to meet quite a few of them.

No, I didn't serve any tricks. Just food.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I sometimes complain about my job but honestly, I hear (and see) some of the funniest stuff! There is a reason felons usually get caught!!!!! (I work in the criminal justice field)
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I worked in a bakery from age 16 to age 22.. Throughout HS and then came back for holidays in college. One of the largest retail bakeries in the country. 4 AM shifts to prep the store were my favorite. Loved tasting all of the goodies - we did enough running around with how busy it would get that a little taste never hurt anyone :)

I also worked for an event staffing company in college. They had contracts for the football stadium and outdoor concert pavilion as well as others. So I've met/seen a lot of famous artists and sports players which is cool! I worked in ejections though, so I got to deal with the police and the ejected patron any time they got in a fight/were too intoxicated/etc.. I processed the paperwork, got their info, etc. Some great memories and stories came out of that job!!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Cashier at a craft store in high school. My bff worked with me and we got to tag prices on inventory and we put all kinds of silly prices on them and each other. Hmm, wonder why that store tanked??
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 really fun ones: my first job was when I was 15 at an ice cream stand with my two best friends. The owners trusted us to be there alone with two 18 year olds running the place. Shenanigans ensued.

Second one was at a sporting goods store when I was 18. My managers were about 22-26 or something like that, so free alcohol after work.
  • ChubbieCanuck
    ChubbieCanuck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    During college, I took a job delivering hardwood lumber in a 5 ton truck across Western Canada. Mostly rural addresses in some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. Very challenging though, finding farms on unmarked roads/negotiating mountain roads, etc. These were the days before GPS.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    daycare: 1-2 year-olds. its fascinating how quickly they learn EVERYTHING at that age! they (generally) absorb language like sponges. and they're easy to entertain. from the greatest hits collection: tossing pieces of cereal into your mouth. then theirs. that never gets old.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Honestly.... I think my time in the Air Force was the most fun. Awesome job, great SUPER co-workers, amazing schedule (lots of time off), stationed in FLorida near gorgeous beaches. Yep.... Loved that job!!!!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I sold watermelons/slices at the seaside for a summer when I was 16. Best summer job ever.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Promotional modeling. Getting paid to have your photo taken, talk to people and work with awesome crews in a laid back environment is about as chill as it gets:) and free samples for dayyys!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I worked at a recreation center day camp all through high school and my early 20's. It was a blast. The kids were all super cool and I got paid to go to amusement parks, hikes, bowling, ice skating, etc. When we were just at the facility, we played group games in the gym, made crafts, or watched movies. I worked with some adorable guys from my high school and it was just a big flirt fest. It kept me skinny and active all through school.
  • rsemsem
    Options
    teaching step aerobics, getting paid to exercise was kewl, also single at the time so dated a lot of the women that came to my class
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Working at Burger King in high school with all my friends. Being able to joke around with my friends certainly helped make the time go by quickly, and I was excited to go to work to see my crush who worked in the kitchen. Ah, to be 16 again....
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I was an ice cream clerk for a few years at this little hole in the wall ice cream shop called Sweet Retreat. They had the BEST ice cream! It was so fun, and of course the free ice cream was awesome. I really enjoyed the job and the people I worked with. The tips during the summer weren't bad either! I remember handing customers their cones or cups with these gigantic scoops of ice cream (that was what the place was known for), and I loved to see the look of pure happiness on their faces. When I was younger, I could (and did) eat ice cream everyday without gaining weight, but if I worked there now.... I would be in trouble. Good times!
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's pizza when I was a teenager. I would seriously work there forever, but unfortunately I can't live off minimum wage, lol