What was the most FUN job you have had?

Options

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Gosh, some of you have had some amazing advenures and cool jobs!

It is hard for me to really say, but I guess in highschool was when I was still having "fun" at work. My 2nd job was at a little video store/marble slab ice cream store. We watched movies (using a VCR, lol) and made milkshakes and ice cream sundaes for people. I liked mixing up my own special creations for the milkshakes. And then after that I worked as a cashier at a grocery store. The work itself wasn't really fun, but you got to talk to all sorts of people and usually your co-workers were also classmates, so we always had a good time.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My most fun job is my current job. I use a wireless remote control, and operate million dollar machines.. lol

myjob_zps1be5d454.jpg
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    As a corpsman (medic) in the military. It really was fun once you pushed aside all the BS you had to deal with from time to time from the brass. I got to see all KINDS of funky stuff! Our hours were awesome too...be at work at 6, leave at 2.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    What is a TKD school?
    [/quote]

Taekwondo. I'd be interested to know which type? WTF? ITA?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing it. I started fitness because it was fun. I made a career out of it because it's still fun.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    What I currently do on the weekends....DJ. Love it! Free drinks, too :)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing it. I started fitness because it was fun. I made a career out of it because it's still fun.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

And you seem to be good at it also, which is why I sent you a message like 2 weeks ago. Still shows "unread" Help a sista out. :flowerforyou: Please....
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    When I was in college, I actually worked as a deckhand on the back deck of a fishing charter boat. I got to wear that bikini ALL day, every day, in the sunshine and got to drink a beer or two while doing it! Plus I got to catch fish! Bonus, I got paid, WELL.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I spent half a summer catching bass out of pre approved waterways for one of my professors as an undergrad
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm currently thinking my job now is the best!!!
    I have great co-workers... you know they types that make you want to come to work!!
    I get free clothing samples all the time!!

Absolutely NO STRESS!!!
    My boss is super laid back... even answers his own phone most of the time.
    Yesterday I watched "New Girl" episodes while on my "lunch break"...
    The pay is great!! The commute isn't to bad!
    Hmmm, what else... oh yeah, I'm kind of in charge of most things...lol!

I seriously almost pinch myself at some point during the day... because I can't believe how lucky I am to have this job!

My position: I'm the administrative assistant to the VP of buying for a major department store...
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Fun?

I worked front desk for a small hotel, it was a serious dive, that had a tavern and a bar.
    They brought in bands, country for the tavern, rock for the bar, as well as strippers during week nights, male and female.
    This was in an oil town, during a boom.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    the best most fun job i have had is the one i have now. im a certified personal trainer!!! my job fits my lifestyle... and my lifestyle fits my job!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    omg... i can't even think of a fun one.

apparently i need a do-over in life.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I would have to say my job right now. I am a social worker and I work with the most insanely perverted and inappropriate group of weirdo's ever!!!! I make very little money for the degree that is required for the job, but I have been here 4 years and dont think I will leave any time soon!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Whre I am right now.

The task I do is redundant and boring BUT the guys I work with make the job amazing. 5 guys who over the last 3 years have become big brothers to me.

I'm divorced and live across the country from my family so they are always willing to help (moving heavy stuff, helping carry furniture into the apartment, helping diagnose my car and suggesting honest mechanics..etc).

We laugh.. ALL day at work and it makes the job so fantastic.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Managed a Doggie Daycare/Boarding [lace for a couple years. Most fun I have ever had at work. Could be in a bad mood before I got to work, and be in a great mood by the time I had been there an hour. Yeah, it was a dirty, smelly, furry, full of poo (literally) job, but never have I had any clientele as happy to see me as I did there!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    worked at a bar as a bouncer when I was 19(Canada) was fun thinking I was tough. Got to meet a lot of cool bands too
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Receptionist for a vet in highschool. I LOVED that job.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I worked for 3 summers on a maintenance crew for the National Park Service - 2 summers at Shiloh National Military Park in west Tennessee, and 1 summer at Cape Lookout National Seashore on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I also lived for 3 years in the Great Smoky Smoky Mountains National Park, on the Tennessee side. For the summers I worked my butt off, but it was loads of fun. And I taught environmental education to 5th and 6th graders in the Smoky Mtns.

Having the National Parks as my back yard..... Priceless!
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Bartender for some of my 20s. It had it's frustrating moments - like dealing with one of the town drunks who enjoyed grossing out other patrons by removing his fake eye and rolling it around on the bar (SO unsanitary) - but for the most part it was pretty fun and paid well.