What was the most FUN job you have had?

Options

Replies

• MrsCurvyFab
    MrsCurvyFab Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    working KFC with my best friend when were in high school. we skipped school and drove around.. and one day we were like lets go get a job! lol i worked there for 9mos. we used to throw chicken at each other. i know such a waste but who cares when your 16.

after that.. my last fun job was working at DSW. i loved looking and trying on shoes and getting paid for it. hello look at my weight loss icon! SHOEEESSS :)
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    31 years ...Hendersonville Police Department.... retired as Lt Det. over the narcotics unit...I saw things that would curl your hair....

I put a LOT of bad people in jail for a long time...I feel like I made a small difference in my community...
    I loved it

it was a great job and I got to work with some fantastic people....

cant imagine doing anything different.....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I don't mean the *BEST* job, highest salary, most interesting, challenging, etc.

But which job have you had that was the most FUN on a daily basis?

I used to be a dj, and since I'm a dirty bird. It was very fun. The most fun.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Catering. It was my first job and I was in high school. I learned how to cook interesting things. I went places and saw things that knowing my life now, I would have never experienced. My co-workers were amazing. We worked hard but we laughed a lot. There's a lot of hurry up and wait times in catering, so my co-workers made it fun. It was a great experience and all around fun. When I left and got another job, I wanted to go back to my first job because it was more fun.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    WOW! My life has been very BORING...my most "Fun" job had to lifeguard in high school - spent most of the summer in the guard uniform cleaning and caring for the pool, but for the most part it is a glorified babysitter position - got to spend 10 hours a day poolside with my BF and his little sister, the other lifeguard with me was a complete stoner so he sometimes was a true trip to be around!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I loved working at the bakery/deli of a local grocery store. It was hard work, but some of the people were great to work with. I moved up to being a cake decorator, which was even more fun.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've had two jobs; automotive door tear-down in a rustproofing shop (stinking fumes, slippery floors), and long-time postal carrier (extreme stress, difficult job, bullying *kitten* of a boss). Neither one was at any time "fun". The way I was raised, the job was to be done well to provide financial security, "fun" was not part of the expectation. You found a job you could do that paid well enough to live on and you stayed there. My dad would have been horrified at the job-jumping that goes on today....he was raised dirt poor, if he had food on the table and shoes on his feet that was a successful day.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Gift shops at the San Diego Zoo when I was 18.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Working the night shift with a bunch of CRAZY nurses. OMG!
  • DWW529
    DWW529 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was an actor/director. The pay was, of course, horrible, but I loved it. There was really only one year when the majority of my income came from it, but I did it for years. I miss it, but it was far too unstable for raising a family. I will get back to it one day when the kids are older as more of a hobby. Get an agent, go for commercial stuff, etc.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My current job.....Bill Collector!

HAHAHAHAHA....im an *kitten* and i like it!
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I worked for GEICO a while back and for the Texas State Fair we had a booth set up and I got the privilege of dressing up (in full costume) as the GECKO. With out the accent of course. The kids and grown ups loved it. Took a lot of pictures. It was fun.

I even met Warren Buffet a few times while working there. I didn't know he was a mega billionaire but I have a picture of him some where pretending to kick me while i was in a cast. A very nice guy.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I worked for TD Bank as a teller or customer service rep for 2 years in 2004-2006. We had the best team who worked really well together. It was an extremely busy branch with customers who didn't speak english.. so it was great building relationships even with customers with a language barrier.
    We had a really diverse team and we went out all the time. Ahhh miss working for TD.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Creating a website for a college trip to Ireland :)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Record store clerk. If I could raise a family on it, I'd go back to it.

After that, radio DJ.

I hate living in a cubicle :grumble:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Walking a dog after high school classes were over. It was a black lab named Fergie. Named for the former duchess, not the singer. A lawyer couple who would come home late in the evening wanted someone to check in on the dog in the afternoon. I'd walk Fergie every weekday. Once I left the job (college classes took priority), I didn't go back to visit Fergie. It was too hard and I had grown too attached to her. I still think about her from time to time although she must have died many years ago.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Trauma ICU RN. Loved it, never the same thing twice and learned lots
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I understand completely GBrady...

I got a job a week after graduating high school, running a warehouse for a coffee company. I roasted the coffee, packed it, and shipped it. I learned to drive a forklift, and a sky-lift. I learned to use an assortment of different tools. But most of all, I really enjoyed roasting coffee. Different kinds, different styles, different roasts, and you measure yourself in your consistency. I did that for 10 years, and it was time I would never trade. My responsibilities quickly outpaced my time and after a decade my family began to feel the burden which necessitated my job change. I enjoy my new schedule, but on cold days like today, standing next to this 400+ degree machine while breathing in that fresh coffee aroma.............sigh........
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Being a stay at home mom with my kids for a few years!! I had a blast with them.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't mean the *BEST* job, highest salary, most interesting, challenging, etc.

But which job have you had that was the most FUN on a daily basis?
    I ran a rock station back before the big corporations bought us all up and made us march in a straight line and run all of our promotional ideas by lawyers. It was a small tight-knit group and we did whatever the hell we wanted as long as we broke no laws or FCC regulations. We made a helluva lot of money too.