• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I want these for Valentine's Day:

Chocolate-Dipped-Bacon-Roses.png
  • randomtai
    Options
    i always say this....if you can celebrate 420, you can celebrate valentine's day. DONE!
    I am failing to see how these two are related.

they are both holidays? ok, what about christmas? most people ARE NOT christian and they celebrate xmas. So, why not just suck it up and say 'Happy Vday' to someone. Our society has this total aversion to love. It is selfish. It doesn't need to be commercial. Make a dinner, do some kinky business, massage some feet, cuddle up to a movie. I am so tired of hearing all the vday hate, especially from people that think it is ok to have a holiday to smoke pot, to search for easter eggs, to remember our veterens even! If we can't have one day for love, why anything else, love holds the world together.

The%2BRock%2BClapping.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i always say this....if you can celebrate 420, you can celebrate valentine's day. DONE!

actually I think it's a pretty good analogy.

4/20 is when many celebrate their zeal for pot. now you would be naive to think that people who celebrate it don't partake in it any other time, like it's silly to think that people don't show love any other day than Valentine's day. But some use it to show their zeal for their partner.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

I celebrate both in remarkably similar fashion.

Okay... what the heck is 420? 420 what?
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options

This is the ultimate "MAN" gift!!!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

<3
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • bearkisses
    Options

actually I think it's a pretty good analogy.

4/20 is when many celebrate their zeal for pot. now you would be naive to think that people who celebrate it don't partake in it any other time, like it's silly to think that people don't show love any other day than Valentine's day. But some use it to show their zeal for their partner.

thank you!
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think valentines day is just about the most ridiculous holiday ever...and I'm thrilled that my wife agrees. we do special stuff for each other on a pretty regular basis throughout the year...we don't need a rando day in February to do it. the notion that I'm going to go out and by diamonds and a big expensive dinner, etc just because it's February 14th is ludicrous. most stupid holiday ever and totally a marketing/money grabbing gimmick.

Maybe I'm with the wrong guy. He doesn't do anything special for me.

Same here... but my birthday is the day before... and he never made me feel special about either day...now that I think of it.... ever.
    Sex isn't even different on Valentine's day. Its just the same as the night before and the other time before that..etc. lol

So all in all Valentine's Day can suck one.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    :heart: I think it is sweet. Will someone be my Valentine?
  • Gemmz2014
    Options

Okay... what the heck is 420? 420 what?

You apparently are not a marijuana smoker or knows someone who smokes.

Wikipedia:

420, 4:20, or 4/20 is a code-term used primarily in North America that refers to the consumption of cannabis and by extension, as a way to identify oneself with cannabis subculture or simply cannabis itself. Observances based on the number 420 include smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m. (with some sources also indicating 4:20 a.m.[1][2]), on any given day, as well as smoking and celebrating cannabis on the date April 20 (4/20 in American form).
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options

This is the ultimate "MAN" gift!!!

THAT IS EFFING EVIL!!!...surprisingly beautiful looking... but evil nonetheless.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

they are both holidays? ok, what about christmas? most people ARE NOT christian and they celebrate xmas. So, why not just suck it up and say 'Happy Vday' to someone. Our society has this total aversion to love. It is selfish. It doesn't need to be commercial. Make a dinner, do some kinky business, massage some feet, cuddle up to a movie. I am so tired of hearing all the vday hate, especially from people that think it is ok to have a holiday to smoke pot, to search for easter eggs, to remember our veterens even! If we can't have one day for love, why anything else, love holds the world together.

I don't think people hate the concept of VDay, just how commercialized it is. And guys feel a lot of pressure on VDay. Might be self-induced, might not be. I have heard women complain about their VDay gift (some even broke up with their guy over it). Never heard any static over 420
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Bro do you even capitalism?
  • bearkisses
    Options

I don't think people hate the concept of VDay, just how commercialized it is. And guys feel a lot of pressure on VDay. Might be self-induced, might not be. I have heard women complain about their VDay gift (some even broke up with their guy over it). Never heard any static over 420

they say this and then go out and buy their Gucci bags. And if a woman, or man, would dump someone over their vday gift, then it really isn't the holidays fault.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Its a money grab for sure.. but so is Christmas/easter/halloween ;)

I have been married for 15 years.. and I get nothing for V day.. sigh... its not his thing.. I wish it was.
  • randomtai
    Options
    I think valentines day is just about the most ridiculous holiday ever...and I'm thrilled that my wife agrees. we do special stuff for each other on a pretty regular basis throughout the year...we don't need a rando day in February to do it. the notion that I'm going to go out and by diamonds and a big expensive dinner, etc just because it's February 14th is ludicrous. most stupid holiday ever and totally a marketing/money grabbing gimmick.

Maybe I'm with the wrong guy. He doesn't do anything special for me.

Same here... but my birthday is the day before... and he never made me feel special about either day...now that I think of it.... ever.
    Sex isn't even different on Valentine's day. Its just the same as the night before and the other time before that..etc. lol

So all in all Valentine's Day can suck one.

That sucks :brokenheart:
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We just (by mutual agreement) make homemade cards for each other. We usually cook a nice dinner, too. It's worked out pretty well so far.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

they say this and then go out and buy their Gucci bags. And if a woman, or man, would dump someone over their vday gift, then it really isn't the holidays fault.

I am not saying it is. But I can understand why people don't like VDay, that's all. The only thing that bugs me are the Kay Jewellers commercials. They are so gaggy