How to tell husband baby might be different color?

Options

Replies

• sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The color issue is a moot point in my opinion. The most important thing is that you are cheating. You should tell him. If you wait it will just put your family under even more stress and the baby does not need that. If you do it now, maybe both of you can figure something out before the baby arrives.

Color is only moot to a point. Even if he were to stay after the cheating, the color difference would make my mistakes visible to all of our family. It no longer will be a private issue.

YOU need to tell your husband and deal with this. Your husband deserves to know. You made the mistake, you need to deal with it. This won't really ever be a private issue if your husband leaves or the baby is another color. Don't put everyone through more stress because you can't tell your husband. YOU need to do the right thing.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Get him some Cheerios. He will likely eat them. While he is eating them, YouTube the interracial couple commercial for Cheerios and say to him, honey, we might be this couple now!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My grandkids will have this excuse.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Someone had some fun.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Your trolling would be more convincing if you weren't a guy.

Fail
    This board always uses "troll" in a manner distinct from most other boards, but I'll ask: the stripper is a man?

Weeeell, it says that the profile is viewable by HIS friends only...so....yes?
    ha! Hadn't seen that. well, that's something, isn't it.
    cheers
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Fail
    This board always uses "troll" in a manner distinct from most other boards, but I'll ask: the stripper is a man?

Maybe male trolls carry the babies?
  • veruca25
    Options
    tell him by serving him divorce papers, and give him at least half of everything you bought jointly, and let him keep all his stuff he brought into the marriage.
  • reds_1
    reds_1 Posts: 59
    Options
    A different race? Is it an alien?
  • Synamin
    Synamin Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know this topic isn't really a fitness issue, but I frequent the site and... I mean, this is a support board...
    Basically, how should I inform my husband that the baby on the way, may in fact be a different race than he or I?
    I mean, if it was to be white as well... it would be a non-issue... so... yeah, I'm not looking for judgement. So please keep your attacks and hate to yourself. I'm just looking for good advice. Thank you.

(sorry, I posted it under the wrong thread before)

I'm not judging you but for the sake of your own sanity, you need to be straight up with him about the whole situation. He needs to know if there is a chance the baby isn't his. Prepare for him to be hurt, sad, angry and betrayed. If you love him, even a little, you will feel guilty the rest of your life if you aren't honest with him now, which will likely doom your relationship anyway. You will never have a good relationship with him if such a huge dishonesty is between you two.

If you are concerned because you have a grandparent or parent of a different race and want to brace him for the fact that the baby may be darker or paler than one might expect, it would be so silly not to tell him. If I were him, I'd be happy to hear it. Even the palest and the darkest of us almost always have different genetic influences. Take it from me, I'm fairly pale and a true redhead but my grandmother is Choctaw and I have Native American facial features. The more mixed up, the better IMO.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I would start by telling him about your black (or whatever race) great grandmother and how every once in a while you have a dark cousin.

I like this answer. Or actually don't day anything. Hope for the best. In case of the worst be ready with the above story
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Fail

Maybe male trolls carry the babies?

Mmm hmm. They do!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware men could get prego. My advice is to abort......this trolling session that is.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bleep
    bleep Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just say potato and it will go away.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options

Fail

Hahahaha nice job........
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Fail

Hahahaha nice job........

This is all so fun!! :bigsmile:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    **deleted due to a troll issue!! LOL :laugh:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Keep your mouth shut.
    When the baby comes, if he's obviously not your husbands, DENY, DENY, DENY. If it doesn't work, guilt trip him into shutting up.Here's how:

Him: Honey, the kid looks darker/lighter than both of us.
    You: He looks just right to me.
    Him: I really think he's different.
    You: You racist pig, you can't love your own kid because of his skin color?!?!
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you the husband looking to see what people think? Or is this just something you wanted to go with for a little fun?
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Do we need to give Trolls this much attention...LOL