Friends that eat 1700+ cals daily

Options

Replies

• g0at1982
    g0at1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1750 as per MFP

Haha I'm laughing at the comment earlier about the kids wanting to know if 700 is too much!! I think I read a thread a couple of days ago where someone was asking why they only lost 5 lbs in a month when they were only eating 1200 calories but burning 500 off. kekeke

I think the mantra should be
    EAT ENOUGH. MOVE MORE.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1700-1900 (or. you know. all the way to 2250, my estimated TDEE. Because some days you want all the food) and if you don't mind a friend with a diary full of ice cream and gelato and cookies I'm you're girl.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I eat a good 2000-2500 a day. Sometimes more!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, I am one of the "eating" tribe. I've been here for a month, age 37, 5'6, currently around 231 lb looking to lose about 80-90 more. I actually tried eating 1200 the first two days (you know, the magic number for super fast wonderful magical weight loss that MFP gives you :smile: ) On day 2 it was obvious there *had* to be another way of doing this.

I've been eating on average 1700 for the first month with everything in there - from craft beer with beef Wellington to steamed veggies galore. I only avoid the foods that I don't like. I still lost more than 10 pounds in that month, but for now am chucking it off to water weight and waiting to see how it goes - if it keeps going that fast, I'll up my calories!

To me the most important goal is not the weight or even not the body fat reduction as much as ending up with healthy and happy eating and sport habits I can maintain for life.

Does my heart good to see how many people are taking that path!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My dad eats a ridiculous amount of food, and he can polish off a carton of ice cream in one night. But he is 79 and goes to the Gym at least once a week. he's been lifting weights since he was 19. He can run flat out run! non stop on the treadmill for 45 minutes. I always thought that was impressive. oh and BTW dad is only 5'2"
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yes, I EAT!!! I've been at maintenance for 6+ months now but even while losing I ate1400-1600. Add me, girl!
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    I calorie cycle and eat 1700 on my low days. Other days are between 1900-2400 cals. Feel free to add me!! I'm always preaching about EATING more!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I love all my new friends!! I enjoy reading the diaries of fellow eaters!!! Thanks everyone!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000+ calories per day. Add me if you like.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm at 1550 base right now, but I always exercise enough to get up to 1700 at least. On my higher exercise days (600+), I eat more, but try to go no higher than 2000 since I'm still have so much weight to go.

When I was still nursing last year, I was eating more like 2100-2200. I have been @ 1800 for the last two months and doing well, but this week I've turned it down a bit more (at the 1.5lb/week level) to try to kick start it again. After another 1-2 weeks of that, I plan to go back to 1lb/week, which should put me back up at 1800 base.

I'm with many of the other posters. I love food. I don't restrict anything, as long as it fits in my daily allotment.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1640 daily calories but on the days I exercise -- I eat more like 1800. I love food too much to be wasting my calories on a salad... unless it starts with Caesar or Cobb! LOL! :bigsmile:
  • Jurow
    Jurow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey,
    it says i need 1400 which doesnt seem much tho training days should push it to 2000+ so see how that goes
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too.

Posts like this remind me how easy I have it - I'm a six-foot-plus guy, so my base calories for 1lb./week loss are north of 1800 without exercise. Anyhow, I'm friendly enough and log/exercise regularly; feel free to add me.
  • kmac0001
    kmac0001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm such a dork. I didn't realize this was like facebook! I just noticed my home page today. LOL! I always have it on the food diary. Please anyone feel free to add me. :-)
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    MFP set mine to 1470 (that's a 1lb a week loss). During the week I can pretty much keep to that as exercise calories always bump it up towards to the 2000 calories mark (40+ minutes cycling a day, plus a couple of runs).

At the weekend I have less spare time to exercise so struggle to make that target. I'm not adverse to the odd treat and while I do try to hit my goal, I'll not beat myself up if I don't.

I've found it to be a balancing act between being in calorie deficit, but not so that you are always hungry - that's not what I'm all about - I still want to enjoy myself :devil:
  • HoneydewLou
    Options
    My goal is actually 2500 :)

I eat quite a lot but I follow the 80/10/10 diet, which is 80% calories coming from carbs and the rest coming from protein and fat. I have lost weight eating like this and I am just really happy.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Me! Me me me! I'm at 1900/2k ish for now, but I may lower it a little as I lose more weight. I don't intend to ever go under 1600 cals though if I can help it (1600 is really border line for me).
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Meeeee. I'm working on increasing (hovering around 1700) because like yourself.....eating low cal feels like death.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! I eat around 2,000 per day. I eat pretty poorly. But hey it's food I LOVE! I have an open diary, I exercise 6x per week usually. I'm really active on here. Anyone who loves eating like a fatty add me!