THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I loved the backstory on Michonne. She's a great character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the group responds to being split up like this. I imagine some folks will fare much better than others.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I thought Rick was dead.

It was tough to see Herschel's zombie head.

Mischone is a true badass.

Carl is...well he's still Carl

Can't wait to see next week's episode.

Couldn't have said better!
    :smile:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Hope a biter gets Carl.

Yeah, I'm with ya on that! Man he's a bratty teenager.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I liked how they went into kind of a backstory or history of Michonne, because I never really liked her and she was kind of a mystery. but now I do. I'm pretty sure the new episode is going to start with a walker coming up behind her on that porch though before Rick and Carl can get her inside.

It killed me to see Hershel's head laying there all zombie-fied :(

Also, we've seen so many things that work to keep the biters away or to protect from bites, why aren't people using them?! for example: Michonne's idea of putting them on leashes, Milton's duct tape jacket (my favorite), Rick & Glen's idea of smearing the blood all over them. Just seems like they could be utilizing these ideas at times.

ETA: I wanted to slap Carl right across his face for most of the episode.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I'm guessing Michonne is at the door holding Carl's shoe.

I said the exact same thing!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Hope a biter gets Carl.

Love Carl, he's a real man. Hope a biter gets the sheriff. Everyone around him has to save him and his family while he ponders the implications of killing biters. Then when he does find his spine, it's to kick out one of the people trying to save his sorry a** (Carol) and he ended up killing one of the others (Shane). :explode:

I cheered when they killed off that neutered old dog Herschel. It would have been better if he'd been eaten by the barn full of walkers he was hoarding in Nebraska, though.

If Darryl dies, I stop watching. Now that's a real man!! :love:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I thought Rick was dead.

It was tough to see Herschel's zombie head.

Mischone is a true badass.

Carl is...well he's still Carl

Can't wait to see next week's episode.

:smile:

My thoughts pretty much. Underwhelming a little, but I understand the character development.
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    I'm guessing Michonne is at the door holding Carl's shoe.

I said the exact same thing!

Me too.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEDDDDD IT!!!!

I love the slow story. Character transitioning is more important to me than action.

This episode had it all. It was nerve racking, had character development, and was very emotional.

I can't say enough about it. SWEET!!!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have yet to watch an episode, even though I met the cast several times.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEDDDDD IT!!!!

I love the slow story. Character transitioning is more important to me than action.

This episode had it all. It was nerve racking, had character development, and was very emotional.

I felt the same way. It isn't all about action all the time.
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    I liked how they went into kind of a backstory or history of Michonne, because I never really liked her and she was kind of a mystery. but now I do. I'm pretty sure the new episode is going to start with a walker coming up behind her on that porch though before Rick and Carl can get her inside.

Also, we've seen so many things that work to keep the biters away or to protect from bites, why aren't people using them?! for example: Michonne's idea of putting them on leashes, Milton's duct tape jacket (my favorite), Rick & Glen's idea of smearing the blood all over them. Just seems like they could be utilizing these ideas at times.

This is so true. One thing my SO pointed out was that Carl's hat is not dirty on the inside like you'd think it'd be. I mean, he's not washing his hair every day, yet that hat is white on the inside. Crazy the things that man notices lol
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    i kind of agree with Carl. i also lost respect for rick when he became farmer ted in the apocalypse. the best moment that showed how far off reservation he got was when he held off telling daryl the truth about carol so he could admire his soybeans and chew on a stalk of wheat or whatever that was.

rick has pretty much been on my nerves since season 2 anyway, so yeah i really dont begrudge carl about losing respect/faith in his dad.

i'm also not looking forward to the group skipping. i just hope they all get reunited no later than episode 3

I am soooo glad someone finally shares my feelings about that spineless weakling Rick! :happy:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

This is so true. One thing my SO pointed out was that Carl's hat is not dirty on the inside like you'd think it'd be. I mean, he's not washing his hair every day, yet that hat is white on the inside. Crazy the things that man notices lol

I kept wondering who had been recently mowing the yards in that neighborhood and keeping the plants fairly well trimmed.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm a big fan of the show, have to say to say I found tonight's episode somewhat underwhelming. Understand they have to deal with the party's scattering, and are focusing on some character development/backstory, but it just didn't grab me. Worse, I get the feeling that the next XX number of episodes will be this "hopping" from sub-group to sub-group on alternate weeks. Not "bad", just not exactly what I was envisioning.....

This.

As for Rick being a bad leader. The guy was losing it and needed to step back for himself, the group, and Carl. I think that through the "farmer rick" phase he was trying to preserve some type of normalcy and raise his boy right, I can't fault him for that.

As for Carl... I don't think that kid is too old to get put over a knee, he is certainly not yet a man, and he needs to learn some humility real quick, hopefully he got a little of that from this episode.
  • wolfsbayne
    Options

I kept wondering who had been recently mowing the yards in that neighborhood and keeping the plants fairly well trimmed.

Yes! That too...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEDDDDD IT!!!!

I felt the same way. It isn't all about action all the time.

+1

I loved Michonne's backstory!

And Carl is a brat! It didn't take him long to realize he *does* need his dad. Like many teen boys, he is too impulsive, impatient, and immature to survive without his dad.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Still perplexes me that people think Rick wasn't a good leader.

Me too...he did the best he could with what he had. Then he did give up being the leader and there was a council...so you want to blame the council for not fortifying the prison better, or having patrols, etc.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for Carl to get bit or shot.