THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    For those that hate Carl - you do realize that Carl is a kid and not an adult, right? Have you ever spent any time around kids his age? How long do you think most would last in that environment?

Try to imagine the show in "real world" terms (I know, it is a zombie show, but try anyways), not by Hollywood fantasy standards, and you'll see that Carl has endured more mental scars and tragedy than anyone else on that show, and is doing an amazing job of keeping it together. Now if he would just get rid of that silly hat...

I totally agree with you.

He's had to be a child soldier. He's had to shoot his mother in the head, so that she wouldn't turn. He has witnessed an incredible amount of violence and death. He has also had an absentee father who wasn't quite right in the head for a long time.
    I'd cut Carl a lot of slack.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    For those that hate Carl - you do realize that Carl is a kid and not an adult, right? Have you ever spent any time around kids his age? How long do you think most would last in that environment?

Try to imagine the show in "real world" terms (I know, it is a zombie show, but try anyways), not by Hollywood fantasy standards, and you'll see that Carl has endured more mental scars and tragedy than anyone else on that show, and is doing an amazing job of keeping it together. Now if he would just get rid of that silly hat...

I totally agree with you.

He's had to be a child soldier. He's had to shoot his mother in the head, so that she wouldn't turn. He has witnessed an incredible amount of violence and death. He has also had an absentee father who wasn't quite right in the head for a long time.
    I'd cut Carl a lot of slack.

That's how I view Carl as well. Don't forget about Shane as well. He really looked up to him and ended up having to kill him, too. His life has been very difficult, and I think that he's managed to handle it pretty well, all things considered.
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    I am still so sad that Hershel died!

Love the theory about Carol and Judith...I hope that happens!

Mixed feelings about the episode, I generally find Carl quite irritating but I enjoyed his character journey last night. I really don't think it was Michonne at the door at the end though...!

Not really a fan of when they split up the characters though and each episode focuses on a different group but excited to see what happens in the rest of the series.

Does anyone play the Walking Dead Telltale game?!

Why wouldn't it have been Michonne at the door? WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME CONSIDER IT SOMEONE ELSE? LOL. Now I've got major anxiety and a huge feeling we won't find out til 2 episodes from now.

Haha I'm sorry! It's just the way they built it up so much that I just thought it was too predictable to be her?! Maybe it's Carol at the door?! I wish we could find out sooner!!

I thought it might not be Michonne either. It was a weird way to end it. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Carol back!!!!

Did you watch "The Talking Dead"? It was Michonne at the door meeting up with Rick and Carl. They talked about that scene and a few others with the actress that plays her and the executive producer/director of the episode.

Also, the two new "pets" Michonne had were the Governor's men and that's why she picked those two specifically. I thought that was pretty clever and wished I had noticed that when I first watched the episode.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    What's with all of the Carl hate? He had to kill his mother, his little sister is (likely) dead, and he's trapped in a godless world of blood and gore day in and day out. Think back to when you were a teen, you would have lasted about 5 minutes in the zombie apocalypse!

I definitely understand the "why" of his behavior and actions. But I still wanted to smack him lol.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    h1B75DFB8
    Found it! :D
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    h1B75DFB8

LOL!!!
    seriously though, poor kid.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Since Michonne was peeking in the front window 10 seconds before the knock on the door, and Rick said with a smile "it's for you" to Carl, do we need to spend a lot of time speculating about who it could be? Of course it is baby Judith, infected...
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    Prediction: Lori has baby Judith. We didn't actually see Lori dead. We just heard Carl shoot the gun. I think she survived because when Rick was going crazy the producers made it clear to Chris on The Talking Dead that Rick was having a vision of Lori. They insisted that Lori was not a ghost.
    My cousin reads the comics and has told me that Lori and baby Judith are dead but I always thought it was odd that they would correct Chris when he asked about ghost Lori.
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    I saw a baby zombie prop floating around the interwebs somewhere...
  • Brazilll
    Options
    Daryl :flowerforyou: ...that is all I have to say

aaaand this.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Talking Dead after the show was awesome too. Chris feeding pudding to Hershel's head was epic.
    tumblr_n0rpw4Mk2V1qh2axio1_r1_500.png
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Talking Dead after the show was awesome too. Chris feeding pudding to Hershel's head was epic.
    tumblr_n0rpw4Mk2V1qh2axio1_r1_500.png

LOL! Awesome!
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    Prediction: Lori has baby Judith. We didn't actually see Lori dead. We just heard Carl shoot the gun. I think she survived because when Rick was going crazy the producers made it clear to Chris on The Talking Dead that Rick was having a vision of Lori. They insisted that Lori was not a ghost.
    My cousin reads the comics and has told me that Lori and baby Judith are dead but I always thought it was odd that they would correct Chris when he asked about ghost Lori.

Didn't Rick walk in on a zombie that had gorged itself on her body?
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    ^Yeah, It did look that way...and I was kind of glad to see Lori go--even though that was a terrible way for her to die! But, it would defiantly be an interesting twist to the story!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Loved the last line.... Rick to Carl when the knock at the door came...."It's for you!"
  • Brazilll
    Options
    2ppkf2w.jpg
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think someone from the group is going to meet up with Carol along the way. My guess is that it's going to be Daryl and Beth. I think Judith is dead just from the comments from the producers during Talking Dead.

My guess is that Carol is going to meet up with Tyreese, and they'll be traveling together with him not knowing that Carol was the one who killed those two at the prison. Eventually, they'll rejoin Rick and Daryl and it will be a whole lot of awkward. LOL
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    h1B75DFB8

OMG Thank you! This is almost as good as Joffrey getting slapped by Tyrion for an hour!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I loved it. Some of the peeps at work think the show should have non-stop action but I love the emotionally strong episodes just as much. And besides...we did get to see Michonne go off on a herd ;)
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    Getting real sick of Carl, lol. Also I'm on the fence about lori and baby judith