THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Still perplexes me that people think Rick wasn't a good leader.

Me too...he did the best he could with what he had. Then he did give up being the leader and there was a council...so you want to blame the council for not fortifying the prison better, or having patrols, etc.

Agreed! People are expecting Thor instead, I guess. :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My heart broke a little bit for Carl, being in that teenage boy's room. Seeing the TV, video games, Dvds, band posters. He will never have those teen years. His teen years are going to be spent without many kids his age and fighting for his life everyday.

So at first when I wanted to punch Carl for talking down to Rick, I totally understand now that he is going through something and just needed to lose it for a bit. He's pulled his weight just as much as anyone else in the group.

Loved seeing Michonne before the Walkers, but sad that she lost her family and baby. I knew that had to be why she didn't want to hold Judith awhile back.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another thread about it. :)

It was a great coming of age episode for Carl and for Michonne too in a way. He grew up...went through a typical teen rebellion...thinking he knows everything, cocky, doesn't need Rick. He vented big time. It was about time! He's been through A LOT including losing his mother, losing friends, seeing a lot of death and horror.....and he finally exploded and said how he felt to Rick who has made a lot of mistakes. And the result was a full circle moment and realizing he can't do it alone and didn't want to without his father.

And Michonne was able to see that living was preferable. Being vulnerable, caring about people and choosing to live was better than that zombie version of herself she saw...and she made the decision to live and care about people.

I can't imagine going through what they've gone through and imagining how I would survive and get through it. Especially losing a child!! To make that decision to go from auto pilot, survival mode to being alive and allowing yourself to care again is terrifying and she did it. Amazing.

As far as the armless/jawless walkers..they explained that last season. You cut off their jaw and the ability to eat..and they lose interest in doing so. Maybe it's a part of the disease that just makes you want to chew and eat and bite...and if they can't do that, they become almost docile. Like when you neuter a pet...they lost that drive. How she's able to walk like that without the others noticing, I'm not sure. But they are brain dead, auto pilot animals...and she is walking among the other walkers..so it's not until she makes a "Human" move....that they notice her.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    1924969_294004960748410_1335486789_n.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I understand what Carl is going through, why he acted the way he did, and am glad he got through it and realized how much he still needs his dad WITHOUT getting himself killed (which he tried really hard to do), but that doesn't change the fact that I wanted to SMACK THE CRAP out of that child for the whole episode. He is not an adult, and while I have no doubt in his ability to survive on his own if he had to, something he was trying very hard to prove to himself, he does not have the size or strength necessary to handle adult sized biters on his own in a physical confrontation and should never have put himself in those situations!

Michonne is just awesome, totally agree she is probably standing outside the door with Carl's shoe and I think she is going to be a very important role model for Carl in a way that Rick just can't. Carl's hitting the age where he's just not going to want to listen to Rick anymore....again, perfectly normal, still want to smack him for it!

Now just waiting to find out what happened to everybody else!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Lol This is funny! I did feel happy for him that he got to enjoy that little happy moment with pudding though.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Talking Dead after the show was awesome too. Chris feeding pudding to Hershel's head was epic.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Honestly, all those criticizing Rick and Carl.....I'd love to see how YOU'D react during a zombie apocalypse!! You have to keep in mind these aren't normal circumstances. Just seeing their character development and how they adjust to this world is interesting and what makes the show so interesting. Also, Carl being a typical snotty teenager....was realistic to me! Expect he's a snotty teenager during a zombie apocalypse.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It was good. A bit slow. I'm glad Rick didn't die. Carl is a teenager who lost his mother and sister so his behavior is expected.

I can't wait to see Carol reunited with Daryl!!!!! Where is Caroool??? :sad:
  • PolacaFL
    Options
    My heart broke a little bit for Carl, being in that teenage boy's room. Seeing the TV, video games, Dvds, band posters. He will never have those teen years. His teen years are going to be spent without many kids his age and fighting for his life everyday. .

This
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    I need some TWD friends! TWD enthusiasts shoot me a FR. My favorite character hands down is Michonne. She's super hot and all's she does is kick *kitten*. I heard a new bad *kitten* character will be introduced soon. Looking forward to that!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love this show. I agree this episode was a little slower than the mid-season finale, but I figured they would do that so they can build up the characters' backstories a bit and show what is happening to the groups.

I can understand where Carl is coming from, even though I hated to see him say he could manage if Rick was dead. I think he's trying to build up walls in order to avoid being hurt even more than he has been. It wasn't until he actually thought Rick was a zombie that he realized he needed his dad. I think he needed to see that in order to have a new perspective.

Michonne is such a bad-*kitten*. I love her character and it was nice to get a glimpse of what her life was like before the apocalypse. I'm glad she caught up with Rick and Carl. I figured the groups that were on foot would eventually meet up because they couldn't have traveled very far in such a short time frame.

Seeing Herschel's head was so sad! Ugh. Still can't believe they killed him off the show.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    My favorite show. Hands down. I feel so bereft without it!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I need some TWD friends! TWD enthusiasts shoot me a FR. My favorite character hands down is Michonne. She's super hot and all's she does is kick *kitten*. I heard a new bad *kitten* character will be introduced soon. Looking forward to that!

Hey! You have me.... Aren't I enough? :laugh:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Lol This is funny! I did feel happy for him that he got to enjoy that little happy moment with pudding though.

hahaha I love this. I don't think that Judith is dead, though!

It wouldn't surprise me. She dies during the prison assault in the comics.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

hahaha I love this. I don't think that Judith is dead, though!

I don't think so either. At least I am still crossing my fingers...
  • PolacaFL
    Options
    I think someone took Judith.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Michonne has always been my unsung heroine I loved getting to see more of her and her story!!
    Can't wait for next week!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think someone took Judith.

Definitely! the car seat was unbuckled not broken. zombies can't unbuckle.