Am I just to Sensitive?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Maybe your boyfriend is a good guy and needs to be reminded. Who knows, he could have a completely shocked look on his face at 1) that you were upset by it, and 2) he was stupid not to realize it. You owe it to yourself, your relationship and him to say something in a nice way. If he cares about your feelings, its easy.

If he is a jerk about it ... you will at least know he is a jerk. If you ever find yourself in the same situation .... guys like them can NOT take it the other way around. I have hung around enough guys to know ...

Thank I think I already know the answer to my own question sometimes it's just hard to admit. When someone loves you they respect your feeling no matter what, and that never seems to happen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Let's see.

It's spelled TOO, no TO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jbella99
    Options
    Let's see.

It's spelled TOO, no TO.

IDEA Fitness member

Yes I think I already addressed my spelling error
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Let's see.

It's spelled TOO, no TO.

IDEA Fitness member

Yes I think I already addressed my spelling error

He is just too damn sensitive... :-)
  • Padme2013
    Options
    No not in my opinion, but I am also really sensitive. If I were in the same situation, I would totally talk to him the next day about it or even later that same night depending on how late it is when we got home. And if he wants to act like a complete jerk about it when I try to talk to him about it, and I was the one paying the rent, (or most of it anyway), I would ask him to leave. If it's vice-versa and he was paying most or all of the rent I would leave and find somewhere else to live.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Why did you continue to sit there? You made it clear to them it was ok. Next time get some backbone and walk away. Do you really want to be with a guy that is so disgusting?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I didn't say the looking bothered me. It's the comments that bother me.

Why would he do that in front of you? I find that odd and direspectful.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My husband would never do that, and he knows that I better not catch him looking either. But that is our relationship, everyone is different. You are obviously not comfortable with it so you should tell him in a nice and calm manner without making him feel like a total weirdo for looking. Sometimes when we overreact to a situation and act passive aggressive instead of just saying what we are feeling, we end up looking like the jerk instead of the other way around. If you tell him your feelings nicely and he doesn't respect you enough to try and stop this behavior, he is truly not going to work out long term.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    not a keeper-
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Obnoxious for him to make comments openly in front of you. That's disrespectful in my opinion. :huh:
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    Maybe its my age, but I think it is rude for a man to make comments to anyone about another woman in the presence of their spouse/gf. If you think you can sneak a peek, go for it, but ladies know when their man checks out another woman anyway. Just dont say anything.
    UNLESS... The woman they're with is bi and they can appreciate eyecandy together.

+1

I can't comment other then if it made YOU feel bad just talk to him about it, if you have a great relationship it should be fine and resolved :). I'm usually the first to point out a woman I believe to be attractive haha
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Maybe its my age, but I think it is rude for a man to make comments to anyone about another woman in the presence of their spouse/gf. If you think you can sneak a peek, go for it, but ladies know when their man checks out another woman anyway. Just dont say anything.

these were the comments I was most pissed off at.

very very petit girl maybe 22 years old. "hey you should get a dress like that" yep that made me feel like a huge whale.

two girls kissing on the dance floor. " hey honey, maybe they need a ride home."

"girls never dressed like this when I was young if they did I'd be on the floor doing the worm all night."

I am sure they're were other ones. His friend is single so I kinda expected it from him.

I don't think these comments were bad at all. The wifey and I make comments like this to each other all the time, but it's just silly banter. I'm truly myself when I'm with her; It's just our personalities. We wouldn't be together if she didn't get me and vice versa.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I know that tone adds a lot of context to the words being uttered. So, I can't know for sure if he was trying to be funny, perhaps? But just taken at face value? OMG! If my partner said anything like that about other living, breathing human beings I can assure you it would be the last time I'd ever speak to him.

The comments your partner made (in the examples you've provided) are rude, crude, disgusting, disrespectful, and sexist.

It's comments like those that remind me that we've a long way to go before we reach gender equality.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

very very petit girl maybe 22 years old. "hey you should get a dress like that" yep that made me feel like a huge whale.

two girls kissing on the dance floor. " hey honey, maybe they need a ride home."

"girls never dressed like this when I was young if they did I'd be on the floor doing the worm all night."

I am sure they're were other ones. His friend is single so I kinda expected it from him.

I don't think these comments were bad at all. The wifey and I make comments like this to each other all the time, but it's just silly banter. I'm truly myself when I'm with her; It's just our personalities. We wouldn't be together if she didn't get me and vice versa.

My husband and I have silly banter all the time it is Mutual. But if she is unnerved by it then he shouldnt do it all.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

My husband and I have silly banter all the time it is Mutual. But if she is unnerved by it then he shouldnt do it all.

he was having a laugh with his mate... he doesnt know the OP didnt like it as she didnt say anything at the time....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    The old myth that people get what they deserve is BS. People get what they put up with.

If you want to be treated with respect, INSIST on it.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I didn't say the looking bothered me. It's the comments that bother me.

When the boys start talking about boy stuff, you should just leave....

QFT
  • rocketblaster
    rocketblaster Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    interesting, I'm in NS and have never heard of them. Here people have showers (or jack and jills) and with HUGE extended families they have have, no joke, a 100 or 200 people. My folks weren't originally from here so we're not generations deep to have this type of event but I've been invited to them. We may be polite but we sure know how to party ;)
  • jbella99
    Options

he was having a laugh with his mate... he doesnt know the OP didnt like it as she didnt say anything at the time....

Ya pretty sure he knew. I am not exactly subtle lol