Serious questions for married/serious relationship people?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    1. yes, she is on my FL

2. mhm

3. to be completely honest, there was a point in time where my comments/flirting on here was not necessarily appropriate. i have since curtailed what we would deem inappropriate and would not change how i am now and have been for some time.

i dont logoff my account at home, i dont panic if she grabs my phone to look something up, and if shes using the site (not much into the social aspect but uses the tools) then she sees my statuses and commentary on my wall.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list?

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

Yes

N/A

He only recently joined the site, so I can definitively say it changed nothing.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    1.) No
    2.) He's not ever on the site, but he knows I'm on here regularly.
    3.) Maybe slightly (I would probably take it down a notch on flirtatiousness) but overall, not really.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    1.) If he were on the site, we'd be on each others' friends list. He's not.
    2.) He knows, he couldn't give less of a crap except when me calculating my remaining macros postpones his consumption of food.
    3.) Of course not. Why would I?
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list?

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1) No. He has no MFP account.

2) He knows and I even have the MFP app on his phone. He threats to delete my account all the time when I go over board and freak about my cals.. ^_^

3) Nope, I would still be a lurker.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    1 - No
    2 - No
    3 - No, creepers gotta creep.
  • Naikaia
    Options
    1-no

2- no and no

3- no bc i love him and trust him..i would actually be more motivated to lose weight and work out if he was on the site
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    1. No, He's not on MFP
    2. Yes, He knows I am on MFP
    3. Would act the same
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    1. No

2. Yes

3. I would act the same

Maybe; more snow; what?!? Hi Krys.
  • jeralank
    jeralank Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Would act just the same...
  • tatonka12
    Options
    1. Yes, I wouldn't have it any other way. If my spouse would say he didn't want me on his friend's list, I'd definitely be suspicious. If you have to hide or keep things secret from your significant other, whether it be texts, phone calls, facebook accounts, etc.,, then you are already cheating in some form. Social media can kill a relationship no doubt!! But yes, I act the same on FB as I would normally.
  • ando440
    Options
    1. No

2. No

3. No - I have a few of her friends on my FL as they use this but as she is expecting our 6th child, she aint too bothered about MyFitnessPal just yet :P
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1. No (I don't possess any)

2. IDK

3. I'm the same 24/7, I don't believe in perpetrating a fraud.
  • weber22c
    Options
    1. No, my spouse is not on MFP. He doesn't need to lose weight, although he does need to get in shape.

2. He is aware that I use a calorie-tracking website as I do log my food regularly. He probably doesn't remember the website name because it's not important to him.

3. No, I would not act differently. If he were on this site, it would not matter to me if we were friends or not - I could support him in real life, and I have zero concerns about inappropriate online activity on his part.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    1.no he is not on here
    2. He knows I log food on some fitness site that's about as much insight he has into it
    3. Probably wouldn't like me having male friends even if they are on the other side of the world and we only share fitness interests ...... Oh well
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1.) If he were on the site, we'd be on each others' friends list. He's not.
    2.) He knows, he couldn't give less of a crap except when me calculating my remaining macros postpones his consumption of food.
    3.) Of course not. Why would I?

This. Especially the second one.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    1. yes but he wasn't for the longest time and rarely signs on
    2. I don't remember what question two was and I'm to lazy to look it up
    3. I acted the same before he signed up as I do now and wouldn't have a problem if he were more actively involved. I'm not that exciting so it's not like he'd find me behaving lasciviously or anything.
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, she is.

2. N/A

3. We both have a equal understanding of what is acceptable and what is not in our relationship. I hold her in high enough regard that I would never act disrespectfully to her our relationship regardless of the possibility of her seeing my behavior. I am an open book to her, I keep no secrets, I would freely give her any password or my phone. That being said, we are who we are regardless of whether or not the other is present.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My husband is not on my friends list here on MFP by his choice. He says he feels self conscious about his dietary choices. That's not a biggie to me. He is not on my Facebook friends list by my choice. Now, my computer is in the living room, and the whole family can see anything I post at any time. The reason he's not on my list is because I want to have one place, on the whole damn internet, that I can vent without every relative everywhere having something to say about it. It's not my husband that I'm hiding from. :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks for shaming me Jac...you know I'm single!:angry: