14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Shawna_831
    Options
    I changed my signature to show my weekly updates. I've been doing 50 situps everyday and then Sunday came. :frown:
    I cleaned all day and night and didn't think one time about 50 situps. I'm going to try to do 100 tonight to make up for that. :wink:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :flowerforyou:

How is everyone getting on with the 13th Week of Christmas Challenge?! I have been away for four days and did my sits up 3 days out of 4 so I think that's good! :flowerforyou:

I'm looking forward to seeing all your results again this week and hopefully I'll have lost the second pound! Fingers crossed!

Happy Monday everyone!

:flowerforyou: Mimi :heart:
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Situps- avoid them like the plague! Do crunches or something similar BUT PROTECT YOUR SPINE! Try planks and superman-banana rolls to strengthen your core. You also don't need to work your core every day - alternate should be fine.

Wife and I got started P90X on saturday - feeling the benefits and hurt. Also eating pretty clean -as are the Kids :)
    Only 88 workouts left :)
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Hey everybody!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and you're all hanging in well in week 2 :) I joined a gym yesterday - no more excuses for avoiding the shred or not running because the weather is bad! I'm going after work this evening and feeling really motivated about the next 12 weeks.

Dawn, great suggestion - I've seen some people updating their signatures too - think that would be a great way to keep track and think I'm going to do that too!

Is everyone excited for tomorrows challenge announcement?? I did think about starting a new thread every week - i.e. tomorrow I could start WEEK 3 CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE - would that make it easier for everyone to find out the details?

Chat to you all tomorrow! I'll also update my status with any important info so add me as a friend and updates will appear on your home pages :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Situps- avoid them like the plague! Do crunches or something similar BUT PROTECT YOUR SPINE! Try planks and superman-banana rolls to strengthen your core. You also don't need to work your core every day - alternate should be fine.

Wife and I got started P90X on saturday - feeling the benefits and hurt. Also eating pretty clean -as are the Kids :)
    Only 88 workouts left :)

I'm doing Power 90! Was nervous of the plyo in P90X - my knees are touchy. Sweet pain with the rest of it though! 89 to go for me - :bigsmile: Rock and roll, friend!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hey everybody!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and you're all hanging in well in week 2 :) I joined a gym yesterday - no more excuses for avoiding the shred or not running because the weather is bad! I'm going after work this evening and feeling really motivated about the next 12 weeks.

Dawn, great suggestion - I've seen some people updating their signatures too - think that would be a great way to keep track and think I'm going to do that too!

Is everyone excited for tomorrows challenge announcement?? I did think about starting a new thread every week - i.e. tomorrow I could start WEEK 3 CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE - would that make it easier for everyone to find out the details?

Chat to you all tomorrow! I'll also update my status with any important info so add me as a friend and updates will appear on your home pages :)
    YES I totally am voting for a new thread each week...it is just too hard to keep track of where the new post begins...look forward to wednesday...
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    The problem I've found with starting new threads is that they aren't in my topics. So if I don't remember to look for them..........I lose track of the challenge and fall off the wagon.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I vote for new topic thread each week!

Number of days without +30 sit-ups this week: er, 6 - but I did lots of other things.
    Weigh-in: 106kg (beating my target!)
    Target for next week: 105kg
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the 14 week X-mas challenge! Thanks for the motivation :)

I like: Life
    I don't like: Negativity
    Current typical or usual exercise: I'm trying for twice a day morning and night: yoga each day & power-walking or jogging or dancing or biking or swimming instead of watching telly :)
    Current Starting Weight: 128
    Aim for next week: 127
    Personal 14 week Goal: 118 ( I always used to be 110lb)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ok Ill Do it too! i need something to get me motivated especially the holidays!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Here's my weekly information

SW: 246.9
    Week 1 Goal: 245.0, Actual: 245.4 (-1.5), Challenge Met: Yes, No Chocolate for 1 week
    Week 2 Goal: 243.4, Actual: 244.1 (-1.3), Challenge Met: No, Missed 3 days of crunches
    Week 3 Goal: 242.1,
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    FitterPam, I stole your format - hope you don't mind!

SW: 173.8
    Week 1 Goal: 172.8, Actual: 173.0 (-0.8), Challenge Met: No, Had chocolate
    Week 2 Goal: 172.0, Actual: 171.6 (-1.4), Challenge Met: Yes, Did all days of crunches
    Week 3 Goal: 170.6,
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Bump! My weigh in is Wednesday so I'll post my stuff in the morning.
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Clew - here's a Great piece that changed my habits - I love Dr McGills videos on youtube.
    http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-human-condition/2009/06/03/stop-doing-sit-ups-why-crunches-don-t-work.html

Also - some of my friends and colleague AVOID 'Challenges' so I'm trying to encourage them to see it as a Christmas Present to themselves. Seems to be working :)
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Okay so i havent been here for a while (No internet)
    But i thought i should tell you all my progress.

SW:177
    CW:168
    Loss for over a week: 10lb
    Loss in total: 10lb

I know thats alot. i think its the stress of moving house.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    SW: 152
    Week 1 Goal: 151, Actual: 152 (Maintained), Challenge Met: No, Had chocolate - but carried on no choc for a few extra days this week!
    Week 2 Goal: 151, Actual: 151 (-1.0! ) , Challenge Met: well king of didnt do the crunches everyday but on my work out days i did extra to may up for it!
    Week 3 Goal: 151 (To maintain) and to also actually complete a challenge!

Loving the christmas challenge ...interested to see what this weeks challenge is! xxx
  • fischro
    fischro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this weeks challenge. Loved the sit ups this week. My son and I did them mostly every morning. Had a few days where I didn't get them in but made up for them on other days. My stats are in my signature. Lost another lb this week for 4 lbs total:-)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

i vote for NO new thread and just stay on this one. but that's just me. i like the convenience of already having it in my list of topics and that way i don't forget to go look for it. :) however, since you started the challenge, you get to choose how you want to structure it and i'll roll with it.

people talk about the weekly mini-challenge enough so that the people who are too busy to read the messages can figure out what the weekly mini-challenge is. or they can friend you because i know you post it in your new feed.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    start weight: 212
    Week One 9/21/2010.....209 -3 Challenge met? yes
    Week Two 9/28/2010 ... 205 -4 Challenge met? yes (missed a couple of times but made it up the next day)
    Week Three 10/05/2010
    Week Four 10/12/2010
    Week Five 10/18/2010
    Week Six 10/25/2010
    Week Seven 11/01/2010
    Week Eight 11/08/2010
    Week Nine 11/15/2010
    Week Ten 11/22/2010
    Week Eleven 11/29/2010
    Week Twelve 12/06/2010
    Week Thirteen 12/13/2010
    Week Fourteen 12/20/2010