Week two 165lbs
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    SW. 218 lbs
    WK 1 215.2 lbs
    WK 2 214.0 lbs

Goal for next week 212 lbs

Still carried on with no chocolate, and will try to keep to no chocolate until end of challenge.

Hope you have all had a good week.

Paul
  • mandy8860
    Options
    Hi Friends,

I am in I started a September challenge with some of my other friends and I quite after three weeks so now after gaining my weight I had lost back plus three more I am mad at myself and how weak I am so I am going to give it a go. I am starting a little late but better late them never right.

Dislikes: feeling jiggly and hanging out of my cloths
    Starting Weight; 208
    Goal week for next week: 205
    Amount of workouts: 30 min. walking, work out videos

So all I know all I know is that we are not eating chocolate so it there is anything else I should know would anyone please feel me in! Thanks

Mandy
  • bikinimission
    Options
    WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3

WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3 WEEK 3

HELLOOOOO CHRISTMAS CHALLENGERS!!

Firstly a quick apology that this weeks challenge is being posted a little last - reason being that yesterday I was involved in a car accident. I'm totally fine, just a little shaken but no injuries. Unfortunately it took up most of the day after that to get things sorted out though. However, i'm back today and I'm excited that we're about to get started on week 3!! Once again it's been amazing to read all of your stories, support and encouragement and it's definately helped me to stay on track and motivated.

A BIG welcome to all our new members :) It's lovely to see so many of you signing up! Don't forget to add me as a friend to see my Christmas Challenge status updates - and remember to check in here regularly to share your stories, tips, questions and advice!

So, this weeks challenge! I know that you're all dying to find out!!

ON WEEK 13 OF CHRISTMAS MFP CHALLENGED ME... TO TRY A NEW EXERCISE.

Ok gang - we're going to attempt to try one new exercise this week! Now, at first glance you mght be saying what? 'I don't have time to try something new' or even that you can't think of anything to try so I'm going to give you a list of suggestions that I've come up with below. I'd love to also hear the ways in which you plan to incorporate this challenge into your week - be creative, as long as you're moving your body in a way that you wouldn't usually - it counts!!. If you think this will be tough, please try to find a way to make it work - remember a challenge is called a challenge for a reason!

A few ideas:
    - Borrow a friend or loved one's dog and take it for a walk.
    - Rent an excercise DVD from your local DVD rental shop or see what's available on your cable/sky TV package
    - Try a class you've never tried before at your gym
    - Try a machine you've never tried before at your gym
    - If you're not a gym member see if you can go along for a free trial day
    - See if there are any classes available at your local community centre
    - If you're a walker, try adding a couple of 30 second jogs into the mix
    - Turn up the music and dance around the house energetically!
    - Find a strength training plan online and follow it in your home using cans of beans/bottles of water as weights
    - Borrow a skipping rope and jump rope in your garden or yard

***If for any reason you can't perform exercise for a health reason then please subsitute this weeks challenge for something that you can do - and tell us about it below!

Ok, finally, if you haven't already then it's time to post your Week 2 results below. Thanks to everyone who's already done so. Has anyone thought about having this as their signature? I'm going to weigh in this morning and then will be updating my signature to show:

WEIGHT WEEK 1:
    WEIGHT WEEK 2:
    AIM FOR WEEK 3:
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2.

As for the debate as to whether to start a new thread this week or not, I've decided to keep things here as it's easy for us all to find in 'My Topics'. I'll also update my status regularly with new info and the page number of where challenge details are contained on this thread - so if you havent done so already then add me as a friend to get the updates on your newsfeed.

Well done again to all the Week 1 and 2 Challengers and good luck to everyone for this week - I'll talk to you all soon!

:) xxx

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey BikiniMission and everyone else doing this amazing challenge! Happy Wednesday!

I love this weeks challenge...I've been umming and erring over trying a few classes at my gym which look a bit scary so this is a good excuse to do this!
    Body attack is one especially that scares me but I think it looks awesome...watch this space!

WEIGHT WEEK 1: 152
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 151
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 150 (I was hoping to have lost 2lbs this week :grumble: )
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2. - every day apart from one day at the weekend! Not bad, not bad!

Good luck with this challenge!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Mimi xxx
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My stats:
    Starting weight:160
    WEIGHT WEEK 1: 158
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 158
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 157

I think I missed one day of crunches but it's been kind of hectic this week. No weight loss but TOM so I'm hoping that'll drop next week. Not setting my target too ambitiously this week as get new kitchen fitted on monday so I'm expecting a lot of eating out for a few days!
  • bikinimission
    Options
    I've decided to meet this new exercise challenge early this week - I've signed up for bodypump tonight! Excited.

Unfortunately I didn't see a weight loss this week :(
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Goal weight for week 2 was 170 and I weighed in at 170.6 so that is a loss of 8oz. Almost a pound...really really close.
    Did my crunches except on Sunday when I totally forgot. Loving this challenge! I need some ideas for a new exercise since I don't go to a gym??
  • slinky29
    Options
    Starting wait: 169
    WEIGHT WEEK 1: 168
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 166
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 164

Did most days of the crunches, am looking forward to this weeks challange although not sure what i'm going to try yet, thinking possibly Zumba as that sounds fun.

Good luck eveyone
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Bikinimission, YOU ROCK! Thanks for the ideas for new exercises to try. I think I'll try to walk my dogs at night now so I can keep my morning cardio the same. Happy Hump Day Challengers! :drinker:
  • Peridotite
    Options
    WEIGHT WEEK 1: 150
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 147
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 147
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2. I might not have managed to do them the nights I was suppose to but I did manage to do and average of 50 per night. And I plan on keeping it up!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Failed this weeks challenge do to injury. But I finished with no chocolate.
    lost 2 lbs:bigsmile:
    Next week 2more to lose.

Like the challenge!
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Finally something to give make me start dancing! xD
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 233.0
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 232
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1?! YEP
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK OF PUSH-UPS IN WEEK 2? NAW. SORRY I MISSED THIS ONE

Goal 4/20

SW 237
    CW 233

GOAL FOR CHRISTMAS 217
  • missyvanb
    missyvanb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    start weight: 142.00 Goal by Christmas 125
    Week One 9/21/2010.....138.00 (-4) Challenge Failed
    Week Two 9/28/2010 140.00 (+2) (had a bad party weekend Will make up this week) Sit-up challenge FAILED
    Week Three 10/05/2010 Challenge =Walk 30 min a day (we will see next week)
    Week Four 10/12/2010
    Week Five 10/18/2010
    Week Six 10/25/2010
    Week Seven 11/01/2010
    Week Eight 11/08/2010
    Week Nine 11/15/2010
    Week Ten 11/22/2010
    Week Eleven 11/29/2010
    Week Twelve 12/06/2010
    Week Thirteen 12/13/2010
    Week Fourteen 12/20/2010

Total Loss so far 2lb
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

This week was a very challenging one, from one birthday party to another & then birthday celebrations at work. I was able to maintain a good caloie intake & I did increase my walking. YEY!

WEIGHT WEEK 1: 216
    WEIGHT WEEK 2: 217
    AIM FOR WEEK 3: 214

WHETHER YOU MANAGED TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS PER DAY IN WEEK 2.
    I was able to do 50 extra situps, I didn't complete them Sunday or yesterday.

For the 3rd week I want to try Yoga at the gym or at home, I have done the basic before and enjoyed it.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Last week 146
    This week 145.3

Better than nothing...:flowerforyou:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: -3.6lbs from last week!
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: -1lb
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK OF SIT-UPS IN WEEK 2?! Not the entire week but, most of it!

Week One 9/22/2010***(-4) Challenge: No chocolate for week- Passed!
    Week Two 9/29/2010***(-3.6) Challenge: Sit-ups- Pass/Fail!
    Week Three 10/6/2010***( ) Challenge: More jogging during walks

Goal by Christmas*** -14lbs
    Total Loss so far*** -7.6
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    i logged my weight wrong oops. :blushing:
    WW 1: 217
    WW 2: 214
    AFW3: 212