14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    tried the cardio dvd from P90x last night. It was fun- a little mix of everything!
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This morning, I decided to try out a new weigh machine at the gym. I tried the back extensions which is very similar to doing sit ups. I did 5 sets 20 times each with 45 pounds weight for the first time.

This new challenge have encourage me to try different exercise machines & other ways to exercise. )

I will be renting the DVD The biggest Loser fitness guide & checking out the recipes soon. :)

Good luck with the challenge & have a great weekend. :)
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Great board - wish I could get some of my female friends to tune it.
    This week I'll be replacing ALL 4 cardio/rest days of P90X with YOGA!!!
    I'm a true believer in it being the fountain of youth. My 7 yr old tells people (strangers even!) "I,m 92 years old - but I do lots of Yoga!"
    Kids man... they find a way of twisting everything you teach 'em
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Hello, I know Im about 2 weeks late but today is my first day on the site. I would love to join the challenge. The following is my information just in case i may join the challenge:

I like: walking on the beach and reading
    I don't like: peanut butter, onions or tomatoes (I know thats a bad thing :embarassed: )
    Current typical or usual exercise: walking, elip trainer, Tae bo and recently started biggest loser and jillian michaels dvds)
    Current Starting Weight: 211
    Aim for next week: 209
    Personal 12 week Goal: 189

Also, I would appreciate it if you would please inform me of the rules for the challenge.

Thank You!
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!
    Is it too late to sign up???
    If it is ok, I would really like to sign up because I need the extra push.

Here is my information:

I like: play with my dogs, and relaxing
    I don't like: being unhappy, and vegetables
    Current typical or usual exercise: going to LA Fitness GYM as much as I can
    Current Starting Weight: 163
    Aim for next week: 160
    Personal 14 week Goal: 140
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    What a fun, fun, fun Challenge!! Wish I'd found this sooner, but I'm i now!! Here are my stats:

I LOVE: Spending time with my daughter, new adventures, ice cream
    I don't like: sitting around watching TV, dusting
    Current typical or usual exercise: ChaLEAN Extreme with some Insanity and TurboJam thrown in for fun!
    Current Starting Body Fat %: 24.0 (Don't own a scale - I focus on body composition!)
    Aim for next week: Eat Clean 95%, 23.5% BF
    Personal 14 week Goal: 18% BF (Athlete Range)
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    so do we weigh in on tuesdays since the new week starts on wednesday?
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    My different exericse this week is swimming - I usually go occasionally but this week I aim to go at least 3 times on top of my normal training regime... last week I lost 5cm off everywhere so that's good going! Still can't weigh in but I know I am smaller than when I went to Cuba in June 2009 and I was 203lbs then which would mean I may well have lost 49lbs in total now! Shocker xxx
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    so do we weigh in on tuesdays since the new week starts on wednesday?

Everyone starts posting their updates on Tuesday and Wednesday
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a great weekend!!

I did Bodypump as my new exercise and loved it, it's defo going to feature in my weekly activities from now on!

Hope you're all doing well, new challenge will be posted tomorrow! Exciting!! xx
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. A little over a week ago a friend's husband died in a car accident right in front of their house. The whole family was home and I later found out his parents live next door and also heard the accident. It is a truly horrible situation.
    But I'm back and proud that I didn't deal with my grief by binging though maybe I did eat ice cream a couple times that I shouldn't have. Here's my update on the Christmas Challenge:

WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 270
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 267
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK OF SIT UPS IN WEEK 2? No, I managed for 3 days, but was dealing with the previously mentioned situation.
    WHETHER YOU TRIED A NEW WORKOUT IN WEEK 3?: Yes, though I've done kickboxing before, I'd never done any boxing with a heavy bag which is what I did on Saturday and I LOVE it! I wish I had somewhere in my one bedroom apartment to hang one, but I think I'll be getting some boxing gloves and try one of the boxing classes at my gym.

GOAL FOR CHRISTMAS: Around 240-245
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Gerkenstein, so sorry to hear your sad news. What a terrible time for the family and for you as his friend :( Thinking of you all.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have been through this. Sending massive hugs your way xxx
  • Texemgirl
    Texemgirl Posts: 142
    Options
    Sarah, so sorry to hear about your friend's husband ... that is too sad. {{{HUGS!}}}
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I joined the group when it first started, but then I kinda forgot about updating my info, so I'm getting all caught up now, and will stay on top of it from now forward.....

Starting weight for Christmas Challenge: 208.8 lbs (as of 09/15 but started challenge on 09/18)

Week 1: GW (for 09/21): 206.5 Actual weight: 207 (-1.8)
    Challenge: No Chocolate- Done!

Week 2: GW (for 09/28): 205 Actual weight: 206 (-1)
    Challenge: 50 Situps - Did 6 of the 7 days!

Week 3: GW 204 (for 10/5): Actual weight: ____ (will weight tomorrow and post)
    Challenge: New Exercise - Started "Group Active" at the gym

Thanks!! :happy:
  • jacgray
    jacgray Posts: 34
    Options
    Not doing too well at the moment! Seem to have stalled, and not helped by not being able to exercise last week due to a swollen knee (but am back to walking now!) and a daughters birthday celebration! Hopefully can get back on track and lose some weight!!

Week 1 166lbs
    Week 2 165lbs
    Week 3 165lbs
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Here's my weekly information

SW: 246.9
    Week 1 Goal: 245.0, Actual: 245.4 (-1.5), Challenge Met: Yes, No Chocolate for 1 week
    Week 2 Goal: 243.4, Actual: 244.1 (-1.3), Challenge Met: No, Missed 3 days of crunches
    Week 3 Goal: 242.1, Actual: 245.2 (+1.2), Challenge Met: Yes, New Exercise was hiking
    Week 4 Goal: 244.1

The only thing I can say in defense of myself is TOM is due anytime now. I've eaten relatively well (a few days with a few bad things, but not overall bad) and my calories in for the week were equal to my maintenance less 1000 calories. My water hasn't been over the top, but it hasn't been bad either. If it is going to hit any day, I'm hoping to not gain anymore and lose a little to put me back at last week's weight.
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Three weeks into the challenge, and all is going well - 5.8 lbs down overall , so very pleased with progress so far.

I have entered my results into my signature.

Since the challenge I have stuck to my additional challenges of no alcohol or chocolate until Christmas - its hard, but the results are worth it.

I have also made a point of filling in my food and exercise diary daily, this always helps me when I am on a weight loss mission.

I am feeling optimistic that I can lose a total of 25 lbs over the 14 week challenge.

Hope everyone else is having a good week - now its into the next challenge week, and thanks to this challenge I am making much more of an effort.
  • Donna1403
    Options
    Hi would love to join if not too late!!... my weight on the 14th September was 238.4lbs. 14lbs by christmas would be great a little more would be amazing.. spent so many years yoyo dieting... need to get this under control. First goal for me is 12 lbs by the 5th november for a ball that I am going to... then 40 in March do not want to be fat and 40!! if I stick with it I won't be.....

SW 242.4lbs

SW - 14/9/10 - 238.4lbs
    W1 - 21/9/10 - 237.6lbs
    W3 - 5/10/10 - 236lbs ........2.4lbs lost

GW - 22/12/10 - 217lbs
  • boobooguy
    Options
    I love a good challenge even though Im late!!! Location- Burlington KY
    I like-sweets of any nature
    I dislike-love handles
    current fitness-walking/yoga
    current weight-200