14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• hoppityhop
    Options
    Hi,

I've only just found this, but would love to join in, if that's okay?

Here are my details:

I like: Chocolate!! Knitting, geocaching
    I don't like: Curry, fennel, negativity!
    Current typical or usual exercise: Jogging, 30 Day Shred
    Current Starting Weight: 150.5
    Aim for next week: 148
    Personal 14 week Goal: 136.5

I've set my first goal at 148lb - I have been trying to lose weight since New Year, and have not managed it at all. This is the weight I started at a few days after New Year, and have only succeeded in gaining since then! So, this is my first goal.

My Christmas goal is still to lose 14lb. I have just under 11 weeks in which to lose 14lb, so that's not really unachieveable. This will get me down to my final goal weight - the lowest I've been since having children, and what I weighed when I got married :)

I'll definitely be trying a new healthy recipe this week.

AIM for this week - to actually stick to this healthy eating!!

Heather x
  • carolinelovescake
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a bit late joining but i'm hoping this thread will make my motivation continue.

My details are:

I like: Cooking, baking cakes, chocolate!!
    I don't like: Peanuts, sweet with sour!!, fennel, sudden change
    Current typical or usual exercise: Just started 30 day shred
    Current Starting Weight: 139.5
    Aim for next week: 138
    Personal 14 week Goal: 126

I don't know if i'll get to my 14 week goal as it would take me down to 9st!! The last time I was at 9st was 15 years ago after i'd had my first baby and I went to Slimming World to achieve that. I have had 2 more children since then and tried several times to lose weight without alot of success. It would be lovely to get back down to that size but not sure I will! I can try!

I've actually been doing really well in the last 6 weekssince I joined MFP but need a little encouragement now I think.

I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday so am actually doing last weeks challenge and this weeks.

Not sure what recipe i'm going to do yet - I love cooking new recipes but having children it means it's hard to please everyone!! Might do a few different ones :)

Good luck everyone.

Caroline x
  • carolinelovescake
    Options
    Do you have any recipes in mind??
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 2 - SATURDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM :drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF

OCTOBER 8 -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

i'm now up to date on my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program

even though i have all 3 dvds to the program i use the ON DEMAND section on cable....they have all 3....at least level 1 of the 30 day shred...not sure of level 2...i dont want to think that far ahead...lol...instead of having to pop in dvds everytime i just turn on the tv and go to ON DEMAND and go to jillian michaels...i have not been using the weights for the simple fact i dont have the weights yet...not for another 2 weeks when i get paid again..i just got paid yesterday but i have bills to pay...lol...but here in a day or two im getting 2 - 20 oz water bottles and use those as hand weights
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! As I stated in my introduction I do not like to cook therefore this week's challenge was indeed a CHALLENGE! However, I pulled out my Weight Watchers cook book and made some blueberry muffins. Here's the recipe just in case anyone is interested:

MAKES 12 SERVINGS:

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
    4 teaspoons granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup fat free milk
    1 egg
    4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted

1. Preheat the oven to 400 F; spray a 12 cup muffin tin w/nonstick cooking spray

2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg and butter. Pour over the flour mixture, stirring just until blended (do not overmix).

3. Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean and the muffins are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 5 minutes; remove from the pan and serve hot.

Per serving: 96 calories, 2 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 18 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 17 g total carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 g protein, 58 mg calcium. Points pers serving: 2
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today is the day when i start my c25k i can't wait til i start it today and find out how many calories burned :-) i'm also doing jillian michaels 30 day shred level 2
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I really wished I had found this thread 4 weeks ago but better late than never.

Starting weight: 127 lbs.

Week Four 10/12/2010: 124.5 lbs

Week Five 10/18/2010

Week Six 10/25/2010

Week Seven 11/01/2010

Week Eight 11/08/2010

Week Nine 11/15/2010

Week Ten 11/22/2010

Week Eleven 11/29/2010

Week Twelve 12/06/2010

Week Thirteen 12/13/2010

Week Fourteen 12/20/2010

I lost 2.5 lbs and i completed this week's challenge....WooHoo, WooHoo!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, is it just me or is anyone starting to feel like xmas is just around the corner. october is almost half way through then november, thanksgiving is usually a challenge for most people and then bam! december is here.

time to get busy. i wasn't able to weigh in this wkend but i'll try to get up tomorrow and go to the gym to weigh in
    (i dont have a scale at home - i dont wanna get obsessed and get on it everyday lol)
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Awesome work going on around here!
    A week of Yoga was DEMANDING. But I did float around all week :-)
    Cranberry porridge coming up.

Keep up the good work - i KNOW there are a lot of 'lurkers' watching.
    hopefully they can get some helpful inspiration and start contributing too :)

This is a great non-judgemental community

Gordon
    Tending to stomach flu kid :(
  • hockey247
    hockey247 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add my recipe so I could complete a weekly challenge for once :D. This recipe was spicy and pretty good. I don't know why but I ended up with a lot of sauce so I used cornstarch to thicken it. I also added shrimp for protein. I found this recipe on the Whole Living website and has wanted to try it.

Ingredients

Serves 6

1 pound whole wheat linguine
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    4 medium red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick strips
    1 teaspoon coarse salt
    Directions

Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta; cook according to package instructions until al dente.
    Meanwhile, heat oil, red-pepper flakes, and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until oil is hot but not smoking, about 2 minutes. Add bell-pepper strips, and cook until very soft, about 20 minutes.
    Drain pasta well. Rinse with warm water; shake out excess. Return pasta to pot. Stir salt into bell-pepper mixture; add to pasta, and toss well to coat.

Enjoy :)

Sam
  • sfbarnard
    Options
    I'm new to the web site and came across this challenge. I would love to do this with you...I guess I'd be starting a few weeks late though.

Great idea though! I'm in!
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Ok my recipe for this weeks challenge is

Beef & Aubergine Curry

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
    Cooking Time: 8 hours
    Serves: 4 Calories: 279 per serving

Ingredients

2 Aubergines
    500g Beef, Stewing Steak,
    1 Can/400ml Coconut, Milk, Low Fat,
    2tbls/40g Curry Paste, Red Thai,
    2 Sm Onions
    2 Tsps/10g Garlic Puree
    1 Tsp/3g Chillies, Dried, Flakes
    1 Cube/5.8g Stock Cubes, Beef, Dry Weight, Oxo

Method
    Chop all veggies into bitesize chunks.

If you are making this in a slow cooker, bung it all in, give it a stir and leave for as long as you like!

Posted this before I saw that you didn't eat steak, it worls nice with pork too and I'm sure it would be good with chicken.

If you are cooking on the hob, fry off the onion and garlic until golden.

Add the beef and brown it on all sides.

Add the aubergine and coat it in all the pan loveliness.

Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk and stock cube.

Leave to simmer until the beef is tender, the aubergine is smooshy and the sauce is nom.

It was really tasty and everyone in the house loved it.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello Christmas Challengers!!!

I've been away on holiday so have missed one weeks challenge and the end of the week before, I did manage to complete the sit up challenge. But unable to weigh in while away as there we're no scales in the hotel, or 'fitness room' either.
    I have not weighed in yet as I'm a little worried about what I have gained whilst away but will weigh tomorrow in time for our next christmas challenge this week.

Last week I did a 'new' exercise, although it wasn't really all that new, just hadn't done it for 20 years!! Swimming!!
    3 times in the sea with my son, was great!! I also did some rock climbing too so I think I will call that challenge passed, although the challenge of keeping my weight maintained will surely be blown this week!!
    Still there is always next week!! And time to get back to target before Xmas!!

Today I started the C25K plan, my first day of it and I really enjoyed it, I'm a little upset it's only 3 days a week though, thought it was more, but I'll see how I go and if I find it very easy this week I'll move forward faster as I have goals to reach by Xmas and running will help me massively.

Anyone else out there new to C25K or running please add me I'm looking for cyber running buddies to share this experience and keep notes on each others progress!! Or anyone who has been running for a long time too!!

Good luck to all!!

It's good to be back xxxxx

Bring on the next challenge!!!!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Ok my recipe for this weeks challenge is

Beef & Aubergine Curry

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
    Cooking Time: 8 hours
    Serves: 4 Calories: 279 per serving

Ingredients

2 Aubergines
    500g Beef, Stewing Steak,
    1 Can/400ml Coconut, Milk, Low Fat,
    2tbls/40g Curry Paste, Red Thai,
    2 Sm Onions
    2 Tsps/10g Garlic Puree
    1 Tsp/3g Chillies, Dried, Flakes
    1 Cube/5.8g Stock Cubes, Beef, Dry Weight, Oxo

Method
    Chop all veggies into bitesize chunks.

If you are making this in a slow cooker, bung it all in, give it a stir and leave for as long as you like!

Posted this before I saw that you didn't eat steak, it worls nice with pork too and I'm sure it would be good with chicken.

If you are cooking on the hob, fry off the onion and garlic until golden.

Add the beef and brown it on all sides.

Add the aubergine and coat it in all the pan loveliness.

Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk and stock cube.

Leave to simmer until the beef is tender, the aubergine is smooshy and the sauce is nom.

It was really tasty and everyone in the house loved it.

Ahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an aubergine I need to cook! You have just inspired me, though would it be ok with chicken do you think? I don't really buy beef, although I should buy beef and not chicken because I'm going through a crisis on whether I like chicken at the moment...I want to buy free range but it's soo expensive. At least my lovely English cows are all kept outside!

Omg I'm sorry I did not mean to spit that out hhehehhehehe! Great recipe :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Here's my weekly information

SW: 246.9
    Week 1 Goal: 245.0, Actual: 245.4 (-1.5), Challenge Met: Yes, No Chocolate for 1 week
    Week 2 Goal: 243.4, Actual: 244.1 (-1.3), Challenge Met: No, Missed 3 days of crunches
    Week 3 Goal: 242.1, Actual: 245.2 (+1.2), Challenge Met: Yes, New Exercise was hiking
    Week 4 Goal: 244.1, Actual: 245.8 (+0.6), Challenge Met: No, Completely forgot

This weekend was horrible for me. It was Thanksgiving weekend and so we ate at home 0% of the time. We had big turkey dinners 3 nights and finished it off nightly with dessert (2x cake, 1x pecan pie). I didn't drink nearly as much water as I should have. Starting again fresh this week. Going to get moving every night and really get focused on eating well again.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My Recipe of the week is : Homemade Chicken Broth

Ingredients:

Chicken Carcass
    Onion x 1
    Potato x1
    Carrot x1
    Pearl barley ½ cup

Method:

Boil Chicken Carcass for an hour ( to make the stock for base), half way through this hour add the pearl barley .
    After an hour remove the carcass..strip it of any leftover chicken- put that back in the pan!.
    Add chopped Onion , Carrot and Potato (or any other veggies you like!), Boil for another hour adding extra water as and when needed – the pearl barley will soak up more water the more it cooks!
    And pronto Chick broth!!!!

This isn’t a quick broth to make but if you have the time its worth it – nice and healthy and full of vitamins!
  • jacgray
    jacgray Posts: 34
    Options
    At last the scales have moved! I lose weight very slowly despite sticking to my cals, so it can be disheartening. 1/2lb a week is normal for me, so to lose 2lb is amazing! (especially as I has a couple of cheats in the week!!)

Week 1 166
    Week 2 165
    Week 3 165
    Week 4 163
  • Louise12
    Options
    [/quote]

Ahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an aubergine I need to cook! You have just inspired me, though would it be ok with chicken do you think? I don't really buy beef, although I should buy beef and not chicken because I'm going through a crisis on whether I like chicken at the moment...I want to buy free range but it's soo expensive. At least my lovely English cows are all kept outside!

Omg I'm sorry I did not mean to spit that out hhehehhehehe! Great recipe :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I cooked aubergine last night ...

1 Augbergine
    Half tinned chopped tomatoes
    Onion
    Garlic
    30g Mozzarella.

Heat the Tomatoes , Onion and garlic gently in a frying pan with fry light ...Place in bottom of oven proof dish...slice aubergine on the top...put in the oven 200 degrees for 10 mins...then add a sprikle of mozzerella and five mins later its ready !! yummy !! and aubergine is low in cals!!!!
  • Louise12
    Options
    MIMI I TRIED TO QUOTE YOU BUT I COULDNT ..JUST INCASE YOU THOUGHT I WAS COPYING WHAT YOU SAID! HAHAH
  • sheenagroff
    Options
    dislikes: being fat
    exercise: soccer soccer practice and some running and biking occasionally
    goal:lose 15 lb. by Christmas
    starting weight:126
    goal weight: 110

i'm with u on the no chocolate thing!!!