Why do so many female body builders get fake boobs?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    its a bit depressing when your chest muscles are bigger than your boobs.

don't project- if it was THAT depressing- they would stop lifting.

Nothing wrong with big chest muscles and small boobs!!! also nothign wrong with big chest muscles and big boobs!

I'd be totally happy with with the big/small ratio though- i hate my breasts.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    because when you lose weight and more specifically, body fat, that is most likely the first place to lose it from. Many still want the curves, but also want to keep the tight figures they worked so hard for.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a female "body builder" with them, usually they have pecs, not boobs. I think you may be referring to fitness models or competitors?
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I actually watched a documentary on women body builders and part of the scoring is how feminine they look. Because of their low fat percentage, they loose their boobs. Fake ones obviously make them look more like a woman, cuz lets me honest, if some of them had short hair, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I actually watched a documentary on women body builders and part of the scoring is how feminine they look. Because of their low fat percentage, they loose their boobs. Fake ones obviously make them look more like a woman, cuz lets me honest, if some of them had short hair, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

so now we have advanced into hair shaming...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    its difficult to have a 'natural look' with such low bodyfat...

unless you have amazing genetics very few women get to 15% bodyfat or lower with a decent rack!

Exactly. You lose your boobs at low body fat, and it's hard to get the most natural looking fake boobs when again, you have very little body fat. Plus I think they have to get them over the muscle so that they don't interfere with lifting. I think.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I can't see the pictures- so not sure if body builders or where they fall.

But just as a side note: don't forget people there are several categories
    Bikini
    Fitness
    Figure
    Physique
    Body building
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    I don't think Dana Linn Bailey has fake boobs.

Her she is normally:

c0f58b7f0de3a4ffb55f532191cd0a09.jpg

And in a competition:

DSC_1427_SQCMXWPMGT.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I don't think Dana Linn Bailey has fake boobs.

Her she is normally:

c0f58b7f0de3a4ffb55f532191cd0a09.jpg

And in a competition:

DSC_1427_SQCMXWPMGT.jpg

she's physique too- not a body builder- if memory serves me correctly.

I'm wildly annoyed I can't see the pictures- I love DLB. I want to marry her- and we can have amazing thexy shredded babies- but we may have to adopt- because I don't want to push one out and she probably doesn't either.
  • helen8328
    helen8328 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with big chest muscles and small boobs!!! also nothign wrong with big chest muscles and big boobs!

I was talking from personal experience. I'd never give up weight training as I enjoy it so much but it doesn't stop me being slightly annoyed that my boobs have disappeared and my increased chest muscles make them look even flatter.

I can totally understand why they would get implants to look more feminine, especially as female bodybuilding guidelines state that female competitors should have muscle definition but still look feminine.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    In most case it's because when they get to very low BF, they literally have no boobs at all. Female breast are mostly fat so if you drop to 9-10% BF, that pretty much gets rid of all that.
    Their the icing to the cake! Gotta have boobs! :drinker:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

I'm wildly annoyed I can't see the pictures- I love DLB. I want to marry her- and we can have amazing thexy shredded babies- but we may have to adopt- because I don't want to push one out and she probably doesn't either.

Would it be safe to assume that most women in the body building category are not "natural"?
  • JoRocka
    Options

Would it be safe to assume that most women in the body building category are not "natural"?

I do my best to assume NOTHING about people just because it winds up making me look like an *kitten* more often than not.

They have tested and untested categories. If I had to assume- I would assume NO ONE in untested is NOT natty.

There is a pretty big difference between the natty's and the none's- so it's probably a safe assumption- (but again I dislike making them-)

You honestly can really put some decent size on without drugs- enough that people will question your sexual orientation AND your drug habits. (ask me how I know)- but no- I think to be a pro lifter at that level- in the untested- you aren't natty. But again- I couldn't tell you for sure- because well- assuming things is bad. LOL
  • JoRocka
    Options

I was talking from personal experience. I'd never give up weight training as I enjoy it so much but it doesn't stop me being slightly annoyed that my boobs have disappeared and my increased chest muscles make them look even flatter.

I can totally understand why they would get implants to look more feminine, especially as female bodybuilding guidelines state that female competitors should have muscle definition but still look feminine.

LOL indeed- I'm not hating on anyone- I personally really like my chest definition- I wouldn't want pancake boobs- because I don't want to get so big they all but go away- but I'd be happy if they were smaller- I'm a D- and I could be perfectly happy being a B- push up bra's fill the gap nicely. Plus decent sized implants can look very good.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    I think my b-cups on top of some nicely sized/semi defined pecs look pretty darn good. I have cleavage for the first time in my life, yes it's from the pecs, not the boobs but I'm okay with that.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    BECAUSE FAKE BOOBS ARE AWESOME! Seriously I say good morning to mine every morning.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If you can touch them they're real. Just sayin'.
  • california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I would assume it's because boobs are mostly fat and when you're a competitive body builder you have such a low BF% that they then have next to no boobs.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options

You sir, clearly have never been to Thailand.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Probably because these women aren't defined solely by the fact that they are bodybuilders? They are human beings with a variety of interests and attributes, and bodybuilding just happens to be something they enjoy. Also, they probably don't walk around doing competition poses most of the time. So, I'm sure that 99.9% of the time the breasts don't look as exaggerated as they do in these photos.

These are strong women with presumably fairly broad shoulders and narrow waists. So, if they want to wear any kind of feminine clothing (as opposed to only wearing men's clothes) it helps to have something on the front to fill out the shirt.

What I want to know is why so many women feel comfortable publicly shaming other women based on their appearance.

The OP asked a question, a.legitimate one because she didn't understand. There were some very good answers, even yours, until you get to the last line. What i want to know is why so many people play the shaming card when that really isn't the case. People call everything shaming and bullying to the point now that it cheapens the terms and makes it difficult to recognize real shaming and bullying.

Yeah, it's probably because of this line:
    I just fail to understand why people would sabotage their appearance in such a way.

But anyway, as everyone else said: to balance physique, for their competitions, for their personal liking, etc.