Why do so many female body builders get fake boobs?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Implants go on top of the muscle. They fill in the area where breast tissue is supposed to be. I'm a bit concerned by any doctor that would put it under the muscle.

it's pretty common with cancer patients- my friend and her sister both had it- and her sister is a big fitness type girl and apparently had some issues only because it's uncomfortable to do pressing stuff with what's essentially a balloon under the muscle.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural bodybuilder. When I'm in off season I'm lucky to have B cup. When I'm stage ready I have A's. With very low body fat and genetically having little breast tissue I just don't have boobs. I'm nearly flat chested especially since I'm tall. I won't get a boob job because that means I'd have to take time off from lifting, but I've wanted to get them to at least fill out the wind socks I have going on when lean.

Implants go on top of the muscle. They fill in the area where breast tissue is supposed to be. I'm a bit concerned by any doctor that would put it under the muscle.

Your body transformation is amazing and I think your A cups look fine. Sure they're not Nicki Minaj-esque voluptuous but they suit your frame and the body you worked hard for.

So in your personal case the main reason for considering a boob job is to fill out your wind socks - I have no idea what that is but it sounds hollow!

Thank you! If I'm not wearing a bra I have droopy pieces of flesh. I always have to wear a push up bra to make it look like I have perky boobs. If you've ever worked out at the gym and changed in the locker room you've probably seen the old ladies with saggy boobs. That's what mine look like naturally. I went from large D's to A's. That's a lot of empty skin. I'd love to get a boob job to have a small C cup (natural size for my height and build, what I was before getting fat or having kids) and have them lifted.

Women who compete in figure (not my category) are supposed to look very feminine and they usually get implants to increase the feminine look. It's sad, but there are judges who mark down for not having a nice rack. That's part of the package they look for.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I think under the muscle is pretty common. People think it's more natural looking.

http://www.implantinfo.com/faqs/1.53.aspx

I think I read that Anna Nicole Smith had some under AND over.
  • usmcmp
    Options

it's pretty common with cancer patients- my friend and her sister both had it- and her sister is a big fitness type girl and apparently had some issues only because it's uncomfortable to do pressing stuff with what's essentially a balloon under the muscle.

I could see with a cancer patient especially if most of the skin has been removed. I just don't understand why a doctor would put them under the muscle because that doesn't actually fill the breast tissue area (which is what implants are essentially supposed to do, replace breast/fat tissue).
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Excuse my ignorance. I highly doubt most people would know that there were differences. But I guess thats why we ask questions in the first place otherwise no one would know anything at all.

Not criticising people who "don't know"... just saying that a lot of people don't know there's a difference.
  • HappyStack
    Options

I have heard this, too, about under-muscle implants that there are issues working the chest properly... that they move and it significantly increases your chance of them "bottoming out".
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Difference in female categories:
    http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/9525-thinking-about-competing-bikini-figure-physique-or-body-building-where-do-you-want-to-be.html

It should be noted that female natural bodybuilders look more like physique.
    Bikini,%20Figure,%20Physique,%20Bodybuilding%202.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options

I could see with a cancer patient especially if most of the skin has been removed. I just don't understand why a doctor would put them under the muscle because that doesn't actually fill the breast tissue area (which is what implants are essentially supposed to do, replace breast/fat tissue).

yeah I couldn't see it being done logically UNDER on a regular female just wanting the size. I agree.

And if you went from a D to an A- I'd totally support a smaller implant!! That's exactly what I would do!!! (gosh- I'm thinking about doing the same thing wondering how much I'll lose- because I'm a D now) herm. interesting. I don't want big- but I'd like to have you know- reasonably perky ones!!

I think BF aggreed at 40 I could have mine done so they were perky... hmmm- tap tap tap- think think think)
  • usmcmp
    Options

I have heard this, too, about under-muscle implants that there are issues working the chest properly... that they move and it significantly increases your chance of them "bottoming out".

The thought of implants "Bottoming out" makes my stomach feel upset.
  • JoRocka
    Options

no kidding
    its' not a low risk thing- the horror stories make me queasy. actually the idea of foreign body implants itself makes me a little queasy- but so do saggy tits. LOL
  • usmcmp
    Options

no kidding
    its' not a low risk thing- the horror stories make me queasy. actually the idea of foreign body implants itself makes me a little queasy- but so do saggy tits. LOL

Glad I'm not the only one! I'd love to be able to walk around my apartment naked and be happy with how my boobs look, but I'm not sold on the idea of surgically putting anything into my body.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Ohhhh's hell...I was intending to get them. Breastfeeding and weight loss have been unkind to mine...windsocks, indeed, when I plank. :frown: I was also intending to do them under the muscle, because they do look more natural...but I didn't consider the effects of them and weight lifting?

Well, being as I'm new to lifting, it will be a while, before this comes to play. I'll have time to figure it all out by "then."
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    I am a under the muscle implant girl. The muscle acts like a built in bra when you have the implant under the muscle. It is also harder to see the shape of the implant. I went to a plastic surgeon at Northwestern in Chicago and he refuses to do them any other way just because he wants his name on more natural looking implants. I would never even have to wear a bra if I didn't want to cover up my nips. TMI sorry!

Also I am all for the other way too.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I am a under the muscle implant girl. The muscle acts like a built in bra when you have the implant under the muscle. It is also harder to see the shape of the implant. I went to a plastic surgeon at Northwestern in Chicago and he refuses to do them any other way just because he wants his name on more natural looking implants. I would never even have to wear a bra if I didn't want to cover up my nips. TMI sorry!

Also I am all for the other way too.

Interesting. I guess if I didn't have much muscle I could consider doing that (no offense meant about you not having muscle). When it comes to bodybuilders and figure competitiors I think it would have to be inside the breast and not under the muscle since our muscles are generally larger and tighter to the chest (not allowing room for movement or space under).
  • HappyStack
    Options

Ohhhh's hell...I was intending to get them. Breastfeeding and weight loss have been unkind to mine...windsocks, indeed, when I plank. :frown: I was also intending to do them under the muscle, because they do look more natural...but I didn't consider the effects of them and weight lifting?

Well, being as I'm new to lifting, it will be a while, before this comes to play. I'll have time to figure it all out by "then."

Implants at all make me feel queasy, must be honest. I saw a video of it once (do not recommend) and I thought, "It's no wonder you're battered and bruised when they're done"...

I will be happy when I get to the "almost no boobs at all" stage. I really dislike mine since I've lost weight, for me at least they've turned into awkwardly shaped uneven C-cups (no currs about TMI).

Implants aren't really an option for me, since over-the-muscle ones that don't seem to hinder chest work tend to look as fake as they are (lol) and I love chest work, so under-the-muscle and the potential for boobs falling down and getting ****-eyed nipples is not a risk I'd take.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Yes, it's typical with cancer patients because we have no breast tissue left at all. It's much harder to make a reconstruction look natural if you put the implant on top of the muscle because then it's just skin and implant sitting there. Mine are under the muscle and look fab. :)
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Difference in female categories:
    http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/9525-thinking-about-competing-bikini-figure-physique-or-body-building-where-do-you-want-to-be.html

It should be noted that female natural bodybuilders look more like physique.
    Bikini,%20Figure,%20Physique,%20Bodybuilding%202.jpg

Thanks so much for that article. So informative and straightforward. I'd love to have a body shape somewhere in between bikini and figure I just wouldn't want to sacrifice my boobs to the cause! Those bikini models are surprisingly slender much like the current VS models who are slim but also do a lot of strength training a la Adriana Lima (cos you can't starve and have thighs like that!):

984spv.jpg
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    In most case it's because when they get to very low BF, they literally have no boobs at all. Female breast are mostly fat so if you drop to 9-10% BF, that pretty much gets rid of all that.

^ This
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    When you're at such a low BF%, breasts kind of...evaporate. So it might be that these women prefer the shape that fake boobs give them in clothes (even if they look 'artificial' during competitions etc). Or maybe they just like them.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural bodybuilder. When I'm in off season I'm lucky to have B cup. When I'm stage ready I have A's. With very low body fat and genetically having little breast tissue I just don't have boobs. I'm nearly flat chested especially since I'm tall. I won't get a boob job because that means I'd have to take time off from lifting, but I've wanted to get them to at least fill out the wind socks I have going on when lean.

womenbreast.GIF
    Many doctors put implants under the muscle, or partially under the muscle (as mine are).
    Pros of this are less chance of displacement, less chance of capscular contracture, more natural looking, less ripples.