Why do so many female body builders get fake boobs?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Female breast are mostly fat

That isn't always true.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Correct me if wrong, but I think DLB explicitly states she's "lifetime natural"?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you can touch them they're real. Just sayin'.

That's actual true. The "fake" ones I touched seemed pretty real to me. I wonder if her surgeon is still in the business to do mine? Hmmm...:bigsmile:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies..............both bought and natural :-)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Correct me if wrong, but I think DLB explicitly states she's "lifetime natural"?

Maybe states that but from what I recall she was found out for taking gear of some kind, lost some cred for that. That said, she is a physique competitor, not a body builder, completely different look.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Low BF% = no boobs = but they want boobs = fake boobs
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Maybe states that but from what I recall she was found out for taking gear of some kind, lost some cred for that. That said, she is a physique competitor, not a body builder, completely different look.

yeah I remember there being a big to do about her NOT being natty- but it is what it is.

You still have to put the work in- that stuff doesn't magically make muscle and low body fat- she's definitely put the work in- there is no question.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

yeah I remember there being a big to do about her NOT being natty- but it is what it is.

You still have to put the work in- that stuff doesn't magically make muscle and low body fat- she's definitely put the work in- there is no question.

completely agree. It may actually be harder as gear helps you recover quickly so you can workout even more with less recovery time, which also makes it easier to grow, if you do the work.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Because it's tough for many to maintain breast size when they are competitively low in body fat all year around. It comes with the territory and none of the competitors shame each other for getting implants.

I wish female body building was still like it was back in the 80's. Rachel McLish, Kiki Elomaa, Juliette Bergman, Carla Dunlap..........a feminine look with no steroids. Yesteryear's female body builders look like todays figure competitors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    I actually watched a documentary on women body builders and part of the scoring is how feminine they look. Because of their low fat percentage, they loose their boobs. Fake ones obviously make them look more like a woman, cuz lets me honest, if some of them had short hair, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

You sir, clearly have never been to Thailand.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Because they want to.....
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I actually watched a documentary on women body builders and part of the scoring is how feminine they look. Because of their low fat percentage, they loose their boobs. Fake ones obviously make them look more like a woman, cuz lets me honest, if some of them had short hair, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

so now we have advanced into hair shaming...

HAAAAAAAAAAA brilliant! Best thing I've heard all day.

DLB looks great in clothes and her pecs/boobs look good to me in that outfit.
    Fake boobs and steriods = cheating to me but they are both understandable nonetheless.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Intredasting. Hadn't heard, but I don't pay attention to IFBB comps any more because of the way the competitors who do get tested game it.

Think it's also worth noting that anybody who doesn't follow this stuff in any capacity would call any ripped/shredded/strong-looking woman a "bodybuilder". Bit sad, 'cause - as you say - there is a pretty big distinction between fitness/figure/physique/BBers, etc.
  • fairygirlpie9
    Options

Intredasting. Hadn't heard, but I don't pay attention to IFBB comps any more because of the way the competitors who do get tested game it.

Think it's also worth noting that anybody who doesn't follow this stuff in any capacity would call any ripped/shredded/strong-looking woman a "bodybuilder". Bit sad, 'cause - as you say - there is a pretty big distinction between fitness/figure/physique/BBers, etc.

Excuse my ignorance. I highly doubt most people would know that there were differences. But I guess thats why we ask questions in the first place otherwise no one would know anything at all.
  • icha3x
    icha3x Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    as a breast cancer survivor with an implant i look at these and wonder why they are above the muscle and not under it like mine is...."shrugs" maybe mine was a better doctor ;)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    as a breast cancer survivor with an implant i look at these and wonder why they are above the muscle and not under it like mine is...."shrugs" maybe mine was a better doctor ;)
    All dr.'s are different, some put under the muscle and some put over. I think body builders get 'overs' so they don't get damaged when working chest muscles. I know if you get 'unders' there is more likely a chance they will be damaged doing chest exercises.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Because it's tough for many to maintain breast size when they are competitively low in body fat all year around. It comes with the territory and none of the competitors shame each other for getting implants.

I wish female body building was still like it was back in the 80's. Rachel McLish, Kiki Elomaa, Juliette Bergman, Carla Dunlap..........a feminine look with no steroids. Yesteryear's female body builders look like todays figure competitors.

IDEA Fitness member

Man Rachel McLish- that's a name I haven't heard in YEARS.

totally agree with the body builders of the old looking like today's physique/figure.
    which is exactly why I said that on the page before.

It's wildly amusing how lean are when people start making the lesbian/steroid use comments. hint- it's not exceptional big- decently lean- but not big.
    You don't have to be big- or shredded for people think you are steroid- you just have to be a little cut to think it. People have NO idea what it's really like- they think any chick who has definition and a little size is juicing. LULZ- yes- I said juicing- I still like the expression.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Did someone say Boobs???
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural bodybuilder. When I'm in off season I'm lucky to have B cup. When I'm stage ready I have A's. With very low body fat and genetically having little breast tissue I just don't have boobs. I'm nearly flat chested especially since I'm tall. I won't get a boob job because that means I'd have to take time off from lifting, but I've wanted to get them to at least fill out the wind socks I have going on when lean.

Implants go on top of the muscle. They fill in the area where breast tissue is supposed to be. I'm a bit concerned by any doctor that would put it under the muscle.

womenbreast.GIF
  • fairygirlpie9
    Options
    I'm a natural bodybuilder. When I'm in off season I'm lucky to have B cup. When I'm stage ready I have A's. With very low body fat and genetically having little breast tissue I just don't have boobs. I'm nearly flat chested especially since I'm tall. I won't get a boob job because that means I'd have to take time off from lifting, but I've wanted to get them to at least fill out the wind socks I have going on when lean.

Implants go on top of the muscle. They fill in the area where breast tissue is supposed to be. I'm a bit concerned by any doctor that would put it under the muscle.

Your body transformation is amazing and I think your A cups look fine. Sure they're not Nicki Minaj-esque voluptuous but they suit your frame and the body you worked hard for.

So in your personal case the main reason for considering a boob job is to fill out your wind socks - I have no idea what that is but it sounds hollow!