Any women over 45 out there trying to lose weight?

Options
New to the site -- wondering if there are any other women out there over 45 who are trying for the first time to lose weight and really change their attitude about exercise? I'm doing strength training and running and it is soooo hard. Anyone out there start off 40 years plus needing to lose 40 lbs? I'd love to hear from you and how you did it!

Replies

• Lcantando
    Lcantando Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi There - I am turning 45 in April and my goal is to lose 35 lbs. I added strength training to my cardio and I have to say its kicking my butt. I am trying to stick to 1200 calories, cardio 3x a week, and strength train 2x...ugh!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I started out over 40 and 50lbs overweight. It had been years since I'd exercised and my eating habits were atrocious. You can see my ticker I'm 10lbs from goal now.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    44 here.. Feel free to add me.
  • nicoleduo
    nicoleduo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 44 yrs old, i have over 40 lbs to lose.add me as a friend to follow my journey if you would like.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Me!me!me!me! I am!! And totally loving it! 45yo SAHM
  • armadillo8013
    armadillo8013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46 and pretty much starting out. Working towards losing 40+ lbs.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    .45 here and it has been so hard! Any tips for those that have lost? What did you do? How long did it take? :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    over 40 and did change my attitude towards food and exercise. Before 2012 I loved only one. can you guess which one? Now I love both
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    46 here. I have been a weight bouncer with ups and downs. I need to remember that this is a lifestyle change. I am working towards a 40-50 lb loss. Please add me. I need a jump start. Tiffany
  • jenniferwilson4899
    Options
    Would love to share ideas with you. Just turned forty-five and am working to lose at least forty pounds. I started by really tweaking the way I eat and am doing a combination of strength training and running. I am looking at a goal of at least a half marathon this year and would love to get help and share advice along the way.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Yep. Lots of us out there! I started a year ago, and just last week decided to lower my goal 5 lbs. Started running in April. Started some weight training (light mainly) a few months ago. Trying to get my technique correct before I advance weights. Friend me if you like!
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just turned 47 (drats), started in May 2013 and I think I'm almost to where I want to be. 10, 15 pounds more?
    I told my husband that when I turned 50, I wanted to be the hottest woman he knew.
    Soon time to focus on my wrinkles. ;)

eta: started walking 5k, then jogging 5k, picked up a trainer and do strength 3xweek,

feel free to add me,
  • Colleen_in_LV
    Colleen_in_LV Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm 47 and I need to lose at least 50lbs. Add me :)
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have 10-20 lbs to lose, depending upon the day. I'm certified as a fitness instructor but still struggle myself. Would be happy to have another friend on MFP! :drinker:
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 58 yrs old and I lost 40 lbs in one year by walking outside & using Leslie Sansone walking dvd's... Now I am just trying to maintain my weight & possibly loosing a couple more pounds.. I started out at 183 and today when I weighed myself I was 145 lbs.
  • lonewolf44
    Options
    46. just returned to this site after being off for a while. hopeing to lose the weight i gained after two knee surgeries. friend me if you want.
  • rosevalleygirl23
    rosevalleygirl23 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    46 here. I'm loving exercise! I would never had thought I would, but I thinking I'm digging the physical challenges and the endorphins. I started out with a treadmill (that didn't help), then I got a fitbit and I really liked the feedback. I started walking tons and after a few more months I joined the gym. At the gym, I started doing Zumba and other dance-like classes. Recently I started lifting weights. Who knows what next!

Now diet, that's harder for me, but I'll get there.

Feel free to add me.
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 60 in July. Trying to loose about 35 lbs. Even though I am 59, I still like to go to the gym and try everything. I took a few months off and getting back in the habit again. Please feel free to add me.
  • MMFabrizio
    Options
    I'm about to turn 40 in 2 months, that's close to 45. =) I have about 70 lbs to lose, but am confident I can do it, as I've done it before after having 2 kids in 2 years. I used Slim Fast so I could work on one meal at a time last time, and it worked great and I kept the weight off for years, but then it's slowly crept back up.

I'm going that route again, just as soon as I can get to the grocery store to stock up! This time around, I'm going to incorporate exercise too, and make sure my other meals are at least 1/2 vegetables. Now that I'm older, I realize I need to make sure that I still get all the nutrition I need while I cut back!

Feel free to add me as a friend =)

Misty
  • sandrac148
    sandrac148 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 45 next month, and I have 67 more lbs to lose to get to my goal.. I have been working on changing my relationship with food, and changing my ideas of what healthy eating is. Feel free to add me, we all need support! :)