Any women over 45 out there trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 56 and 5'2" tall. I have lost 20 lbs so far (started at 142 lbs 5 months ago). Need to lose some more. Counting calories and trying to move more. So hard to fit in a lot more exercise while holding a full time job so I focused more on my diet and nutrition . (I'm not going over crazy with exercise just so I can eat more). I am doing pilates and yoga plus cardio. So far so good. Need to lose more. I find the tips and encouragement on MFP awesome. So add me if you need support and would like to give some too.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hi. 55 years old.
    Great website as long as you stick with it.
    I don't exercise, except play golf once a week.
    Have cut my daily calories by approx 1/2.
    10 lbs to ultimate weight goal of 140.
    Slow progress for me but I am fine with that.
    Good luck !
    Add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and need to lose 50 lbs. You can read my profile and see what I've done in the past, mostly taking diet pills. Then, I unknowingly did the very low calorie diet thing, and it took me 1.5 yrs to lose 20 lbs, AND my hair was falling out, I was mean and tire all the time, my skin and nails were horrible. I realized that I was grossly undereating (I netted between 500-900 cals/day). This time I'm gonna find a healthy lifestyle that I can maintain realistically. I have started lifting heavy (for me anyway) and I walk too. The 40's have been an absolute struggle for me! I would love to have y'all's support and I'll give mine as well. I have logged consistently for 861 days, so I'm on here everyday. I love this site! Any of you that want to, feel free to friend me!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and lost 115 lbs after joining mfp. I love this site. I have been maintaining for awhile but I broke it into 10 lb goals at a time because 100+lbs was overwlemling and felt impossible, for every 10 lbs I lost I bought myself some new earrings. Now I am healthy with lots of cute earribgs. Feel free to add me
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    just turned 49… i lost 15 pounds so far. would like to lose 15 more. :) the fat around my belly area is really mushy… :(
  • TXfibroMom
    TXfibroMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and determined to lose some fat and strengthen my muscles. Having fibromyalgia makes it more difficult, but I have to do something! I live in NWA now and am looking for people to connect here to encourage one another. Please feel free to send me a friend request.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 50. When i first started I needed to lose 30 pounds and now I have about 12 pounds let. I love MFP and I log in everyday. My eating, work out and food habits have changed so much sine I have been on here. It is not always easy but I know I am a MFP "lifer" because it works.
  • Bonnie54467
    Bonnie54467 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    49 here and it scares me to hit 50 and be miserably out of shape. You're not alone!! I'm new to this myself.
  • naepal
    Options
    Hi I'm Renee. just turned 50 yesterday. have 25 lbs to lose. my plan is to stay on 1200 calories and treadmill 30 min. a day til I REACH my goal. would love to be motivated and have a motivator to share with. I have been on this 3 days and already down 3 lbs.
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I'm in the age limit (49) not my first time but want to take off about 30....so add me!
  • jort2001
    Options
    Yup - over 45 and my initial goal is to lose 35 lbs. - I have more to lose after that, but I want to stay realistic. Started with low-impact cardio work-outs at least 4x/week. Have started tracking what I'm eating - wow! What an eye-opener when you need to write everything down and see the numbers add up. Good luck - feel free to add me!!
  • Inglebert
    Inglebert Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, about 70-80lbs to lose. Keep restarting and not really getting going. Would love new friends, so anyone on thread, feel free to add me :-),
  • d6hamar
    Options
    I am 55 and just starting today. I am working on the diet first and hope to add exercise later. I need to lose 50 lbs or more.
  • mishka45
    mishka45 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 years old, I want to loose over 35lbs, feel free to add me. :smile:
  • reg4943
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im 46 , started MFP today and want to lose 55lbs........
    Any and all support hints and tips will be gratefully received :)
  • magsw1960
    magsw1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi there im 54 and have graves disease so find it hard to loosr weight but have been using my fitness pal and have lost 9.5lb in just 2 weeks
  • mkgr3gory
    Options
    I will be 45 in June and am trying to lose 10. Ok I would prefer 20 but if my old clothes fit I will be satisfied with 10 :smile: I was treated for breast cancer almost 5years ago and since I feel like my body is about 10 years older hormonally so things feel a big more challenging than I think they should but whatchagonnado? I would love some friend support that I could return as we'll.
  • aumom92
    aumom92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP last night and still trying to figure this out. I am 43 and need to lose about 45. Please add me.
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 yrs. and would like to lose 30 lbs. Add me if you would like.:smile:
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in my mid 40s and have been trying to lose 10-15 pounds. I am a fairly active person ( cardio up to 1 hour everyday during the week days, weight training 3x week and on the weekends several hours of cadio including hiking, x-country skiing.) My weight has been stuck for years it seems. I am 5' 6" and fluctuate between 145-150.