I ate 5,877 calories today...

Options

Replies

• Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You're not going to die from it! I bet we've all done the same during vacations or just cheat days. Maybe not the exact same amount, but you know... it doesn't take much to go over consistently. That's the point. Just try to recognize what didn't work quite fine. Go back to your diet, yes you'll probably see less results for now since your deficit is now smaller. But I've once calculated that I had to eat something like that to mantain after a whole week of deficit. So yeah you haven't ruined much, just don't be too angry at yourself if you don't see huge results during the next week. Take it easy and wait a bit more, the weight's going to drop again :) there's no need to restrict even if exercise would definitely help! Also we have similar SW and goals :flowerforyou: good luck!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I just had an oatmeal creme pie for breakfast. It was fantastic until the guilt set in. Here's to hoping we both do better here on out :happy:

I had no idea what they were until I googled them just then! Good luck love. Here's hoping! :)
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hehe Good Job!
    I vote carry on with life, and forget it happened :smile:

I'm with this advice!!!

Eaten it, owned it! (enjoyed it) new day fresh start!
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    don't sweat it, I ate close to 5000 calories xmas day,it certainly hasn't affected my progress, your body will get a load of protein from it and just treat it as it was, a once in a while splurge.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm so glad you have a sense of humor about all this....seriously.

And otameal cream pies are THE BEST....they're also like 600 calories LOL
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i believe those who go long periods eating within their calorie goal have a good chance of success. But those who indulge here & there without the slightest inclination for any sort of damage control in the following days, tend to have a much better shot at being successful long term.
  • benefiting
    Options
    BTW, I'm so glad you have a sense of humor about all this....seriously.

And otameal cream pies are THE BEST....they're also like 600 calories LOL

I may be a little hypo or on some type of natural high. Lololol. :D

Are they an American thing? :P
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!
    I reckon you should not eat 5,877 calories in a day EVER again.

See? These are the types of judgmentally thoughtless verbal regurgitations that cause well-meaning people to become discouraged and give up. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then why say anything at all? What's the point? I mean, I understand this is a public forum, yada-yada-yada, but seriously ... do you just not have anything better to do with your life?

OP: I personally agree with what the majority of other people said; balance the rest of your week out with slightly lower calorie intakes and exercise, and you'll be right back on track in no time. I, like someone else mentioned, look at my calories from a week-long perspective, so as long as my mean average at the end of the week matches up with my daily goals, then I'm golden.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That's about 3 days worth of food if you divide 5877 by 3. You would come up with 1,959 and it basically means you ate 2 more days amount of food than you should have which amounts to about 4000 calories. I would not try to make up the overage in just a few days because it won't be very healthy. Try to taper off in about 2 weeks. 4,000 divided by 14 would be 285 calories. you can adjust your net calories to 1,640 calories per day for the next 2 weeks and that should get you back on track. Good luck!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

I reckon you shouldn't have bothered to post!

Most of us struggle with eating to plan at one point or another; social occassions, constant deprivation of calories, stress, etc...

The thing you should be proud of is logging it all! That is a step in the right direction, recognising you made a mistake and moving on with it. As for how you deal with it, that is really a personal decision. If you are able to brush it off as a bad day and go back to your plan as normal, then just do that.

If on the other hand you are going to be thinking about it for days and allowing it to bring you down, then take some steps to minimise the 'damage'. Take 100-200 cals off your eating for the rest of the week or up your exercise a little - but be conscious not to over do it and fall in to the binge and exercise to 'burn it off' mentality - that is not a healthy long term mindset.

When all is said and done, it was one day. Your body probably cant metabolise that much food anyway, particularly if a lot of it was eaten in a short window of time. Yes you overshot maintenance but not every one of the 5877 cals will be stored as fat.

It is also worthwhile remembering that you probably ingested a lot of sodium today so your weight on the scales WILL go up. This is not fat, it is water retention and will subside over the next couple of days :)

I dont reckon you should post, given you cant accept a bit of tongue in cheek.
  • benefiting
    Options
    OP: I personally agree with what the majority of other people said; balance the rest of your week out with slightly lower calorie intakes and exercise, and you'll be right back on track in no time. I, like someone else mentioned, look at my calories from a week-long perspective, so as long as my mean average at the end of the week matches up with my daily goals, then I'm golden.

I basically do that already with my TDEE. Though for Focus T25 they want you do go down to 1200 or 1600 calories so I'll stick with 1600 for a week and then add back my extra 326 calories if I need to do so. :)
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Yeah, yeah.

And we shouldn't have more than one standard drink per hour.

Or go swimming less than half an hour before eating.

Anyways on topic.

I had Dominos Pizza on Sunday because I was hungover as hell, all to myself. I then also got some large chips too, went way over my calorie limit. I just continued on my merry way with my diet (for once, usually I beat myself up over it and decide to quit) and not weighed myself for a few days.

Stepped on the scale a few days later expecting a huge gain, and nope. A loss. It was great.

Just go on your merry way, what's the point in living if you can't indulge every now and again?
  • benefiting
    Options
    That's about 3 days worth of food if you divide 5877 by 3. You would come up with 1,959 and it basically means you ate 2 more days amount of food than you should have which amounts to about 4000 calories. I would not try to make up the overage in just a few days because it won't be very healthy. Try to taper off in about 2 weeks. 4,000 divided by 14 would be 285 calories. you can adjust your net calories to 1,640 calories per day for the next 2 weeks and that should get you back on track. Good luck!

I think it kinda made me a little sad when I saw that I ate 3 days worth of food but thank you for all the stats and how much I could eat to get back on track! :)
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    how can you say that !!! we all have our bad days at least she admits it . how abouit you ?????? keep your neg. thoughts to yourself!!!!!!!!

today is a new day hun. start from today!!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Leave it.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

See? These are the types of judgmentally thoughtless verbal regurgitations that cause well-meaning people to become discouraged and give up. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then why say anything at all? What's the point? I mean, I understand this is a public forum, yada-yada-yada, but seriously ... do you just not have anything better to do with your life?

Do you have nothing better to do with you life than asking other people whether they have anything better to do with their lives? What patronising waffle. You should get a grip.

If you dont like a bit of harmless tongue in cheek which even the OP didnt seem to take offence to then why come on a public forum open to anything possible. If I really wanted to demoralise someone (I do have something better to do with my life before you ask) then I could probably think of better ways to do it.
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    I'd stick with my original calories move on and don't lower to set yourself up to binge. workout a little harder for a few days. that's what I'd do. it's 1 day.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just finished a meal of about 2,000 calories (date night = cheat night), but with all this talk of juicy pork and apple sauce, I'm hungry again!

I doubled my calorie goal today, I was planning on just eating a little lighter for the next couple days and going for an extra swim.

I say... Remember the awesome meal, move on and forget about the extra calories!
  • eldamiano
    Options

Yeah, yeah.

And we shouldn't have more than one standard drink per hour.

Or go swimming less than half an hour before eating.

Anyways on topic.

I had Dominos Pizza on Sunday because I was hungover as hell, all to myself. I then also got some large chips too, went way over my calorie limit. I just continued on my merry way with my diet (for once, usually I beat myself up over it and decide to quit) and not weighed myself for a few days.

Stepped on the scale a few days later expecting a huge gain, and nope. A loss. It was great.

Just go on your merry way, what's the point in living if you can't indulge every now and again?

Dominos Pizza on a Sunday hangover. Aren't YOU Rock n Roll?