I ate 5,877 calories today...

Options

Replies

• lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've had surge days like that in the past. I wouldn't worry too much about it. At least, not to the point of starving yourself in the following days or making a severe conscious effort to reduce calories. If anything, you're body will likely do some of this on its own as you're stuffed with calories (and hopefully nutrients) that will keep you satiated for awhile.

I would recommend continuing to drink 8-12 glasses of water a day for a few days (throughout the day, don't gulp it) as this will help your body process it faster. Also, make sure you can identify WHY you ate so much and consider how you can avoid or reduce that when an event presents itself in the future. (yes, I know you know why as you've stated it, but I'm writing that sentence here for the benefit of others reading this enduring the same dilemma)

Here are some recommendations
    If it's sugar sweets, once you're out of them and/or next time you are at the store, start stocking items like Bananas, Clementines, Apples, Raisins, Craisins, Dates and Prunes.
    If it's bread/pizza, look for the low calorie varieties at the grocery store that won't do you in.
    In all cases though, don't completely deny yourself treats. Unless of course you plan to live the rest of your life without them. Factor something in once a week or so. And yes, its OK to bribe yourself with food in moderation (i.e., if I lose 2 pounds by X date, I'm going to have an ice cream cone)
    For hangovers, get some pedialyte, or if you need something cheaper, gatorade. You're body is craving nutrients due to the dehydration effects. Water helps, but be wary of hypnotramia from lack of sodium (hence, your pizza binge was satisfying that)

Good luck.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    We have this thing in the UK called hog roast... I don't know if you call it that in Oz, too. It's basically a suckling pig, on a spit. 1 kilo of pork over a couple of hours is actually a really achievable goal for me, lol... I feel your pain.

And that's not even counting the many beers and accompaniments that go alongside.

Just draw a line under it and get on with tomorrow, same goal as you always have. We've all overindulged. We all have things we enjoy to excess. Learn to not beat yourself up over it and to only do it really infrequently. It's human and it's normal.

ETA: in for pics of pork feast, if you have some... :tongue:
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That's about 3 days worth of food if you divide 5877 by 3. You would come up with 1,959 and it basically means you ate 2 more days amount of food than you should have which amounts to about 4000 calories. I would not try to make up the overage in just a few days because it won't be very healthy. Try to taper off in about 2 weeks. 4,000 divided by 14 would be 285 calories. you can adjust your net calories to 1,640 calories per day for the next 2 weeks and that should get you back on track. Good luck!

OR just put it down to experience, and don't do it again until the next time. It's no big deal. If you enjoyed it, then good for you :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I reckon you should not eat 5,877 calories in a day EVER again.

Yeah, yeah.

And we shouldn't have more than one standard drink per hour.

Or go swimming less than half an hour before eating.

Anyways on topic.

I had Dominos Pizza on Sunday because I was hungover as hell, all to myself. I then also got some large chips too, went way over my calorie limit. I just continued on my merry way with my diet (for once, usually I beat myself up over it and decide to quit) and not weighed myself for a few days.

Stepped on the scale a few days later expecting a huge gain, and nope. A loss. It was great.

Just go on your merry way, what's the point in living if you can't indulge every now and again?

Dominos Pizza on a Sunday hangover. Aren't YOU Rock n Roll?

Guys please. I don't want negativity in my thread. Ignore it if you don't like what people have to say, okay? :)

Is Rock n Roll bad then?

Not the Rock n Roll. Just people reacting to your comment. If they don't like it they can't ignore it. I said no negativity! I don't want people thinking I was emotional eating either. I just ate a lot of damn pork as everyone should know by now. :P

Hooray!! I am the good guy here then!!

I never said that but even so, they shouldn't bash on you. It's your opinion. :P

Thank you. You're great. I wont ever listen to such meanies again.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    ETA: in for pics of pork feast, if you have some... :tongue:

No pictures, sorry! :(
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, I like Bacon. And Ham.
  • benefiting
    Options
    I reckon you should not eat 5,877 calories in a day EVER again.

Yeah, yeah.

And we shouldn't have more than one standard drink per hour.

Or go swimming less than half an hour before eating.

Anyways on topic.

I had Dominos Pizza on Sunday because I was hungover as hell, all to myself. I then also got some large chips too, went way over my calorie limit. I just continued on my merry way with my diet (for once, usually I beat myself up over it and decide to quit) and not weighed myself for a few days.

Stepped on the scale a few days later expecting a huge gain, and nope. A loss. It was great.

Just go on your merry way, what's the point in living if you can't indulge every now and again?

Dominos Pizza on a Sunday hangover. Aren't YOU Rock n Roll?

Guys please. I don't want negativity in my thread. Ignore it if you don't like what people have to say, okay? :)

Is Rock n Roll bad then?

Not the Rock n Roll. Just people reacting to your comment. If they don't like it they can't ignore it. I said no negativity! I don't want people thinking I was emotional eating either. I just ate a lot of damn pork as everyone should know by now. :P

Hooray!! I am the good guy here then!!

I never said that but even so, they shouldn't bash on you. It's your opinion. :P

Thank you. You're great. I wont ever listen to such meanies again.

Haters gotta hate! It's a tough life! :P
  • benefiting
    Options
    I just want to say, I like Bacon. And Ham.

You aren't alone! :P
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Eat less for a couple days if you can. If you can't, don't sweat it. Worst case you gained a pound. Take it as a lesson and move on, lol.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

this is very possible..I eat 2300 to 2500 a day and I could easily double that if I wanted to ..

IS there a reason you even posted?

OP - try to cut down for a few days and balance things out ….this happens to the best of us…just remember that one day is not going to ruin you, log it, own it, move on.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Open your diary for folks to appreciate the intake. It would benefit many if you opened your diary so they can understand what needs to be consumed to get to 5,100 plus calories.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

I ate just above 2.2 lb of pork. That's how. :P

how did you get the calorie count 16 ounces of center cut pork loin is 350 calories according to what I just looked up .so 32 ounces = 2 punds would be 700 calories….just curious...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

how did you get the calorie count 16 ounces of center cut pork loin is 350 calories according to what I just looked up .so 32 ounces = 2 punds would be 700 calories….just curious...

What if it's ribs?
  • ndj1979
    Options

What if it's ribs?

IDK …OP said pork so I just assumed Pork Loin ..I guess ribs would be more...
  • benefiting
    Options

I searched pork loin and 100g (I'm Australian, I don't go by ounces) is 245. I ate 10.6 servings since I ate 1060kg of it. Maybe the version you are looking at is the lean kind? I have no clue. :s
  • ndj1979
    Options

What if it's ribs?

country syle pork ribs = 1120 per 16 ounces…so two pounds would be about 2240 …high, but not quite 5877…throw in lunch and breakfast and you would be closer but that would assume a total input at breakfast and lunch of about 1500 each...
  • benefiting
    Options

What if it's ribs?

country syle pork ribs = 1120 per 16 ounces…so two pounds would be about 2240 …high, but not quite 5877…throw in lunch and breakfast and you would be closer but that would assume a total input at breakfast and lunch of about 1500 each...

Well, I had other high calories things but pork was the main contender. :P
  • ndj1979
    Options

I searched pork loin and 100g (I'm Australian, I don't go by ounces) is 245. I ate 10.6 servings since I ate 1060kg of it. Maybe the version you are looking at is the lean kind? I have no clue. :s

pork loin 11 servings at four ounces each = 715 calories…

OP - I think your calorie counts are off, which is actually a good thing in this case...
  • ndj1979
    Options

What if it's ribs?

Well, I had other high calories things but pork was the main contender. :P

you said you ate 2.2 pounds of pork …I was just curious as to calorie count….why are you getting all defensive ? Curious, what else did you eat? IF 2.2 pounds of pork is 2000 calls (seems high to me) then you had an additional 3877 calories over the day?
  • benefiting
    Options

pork loin 11 servings at four ounces each = 715 calories…

OP - I think your calorie counts are off, which is actually a good thing in this case...

Um... then why does it say 245 calories per 100g?