I ate 5,877 calories today...

Options

Replies

• benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm just confused as to why you are telling me something different than what it says on MFP. I opened my diary so you can have a look.

Thought I was quoting with that statement. Ops.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I'm just confused as to why you are telling me something different than what it says on MFP. I opened my diary so you can have a look.

because the MFP database can be inaccurate…and I was just curious because I eat pork about once a week and usually have about 14 ounces and have no problem staying within calorie budget..

I was just trying to help out and say that maybe you did not each as much as you thought..

that is all and I am out..
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Pork loin in the Commonwealth comes with extra fat for crackling.

Would make a difference. Just sayin'.

ETA: OP has also used the "cooked" entry. Should use raw for meat. Gives a more accurate calorie count.
  • benefiting
    Options

because the MFP database can be inaccurate…and I was just curious because I eat pork about once a week and usually have about 14 ounces and have no problem staying within calorie budget..

I was just trying to help out and say that maybe you did not each as much as you thought..

that is all and I am out..

Fair enough. All good.
  • benefiting
    Options

ETA: OP has also used the "cooked" entry. Should use raw for meat. Gives a more accurate calorie count.

Indeed. Mine came with crackling and all. :)
  • HappyStack
    Options
    2ugz6l4.jpg

Pig :heart: is there anything on it you can't eat?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

You can't use the raw entry when the meat is cooked though (like, you know, when you cook for more than one person). So you pick whatever is the most accurate...
  • tegalicious
    Options
    I logged 8000+ calories on Christmas last year and after someone had a look at my diary and found that a lot of my candy entries had the wrong sugar amount I estimate that I probably actually had around 10000 calories that day. Yup. That's right. I ate that much. In one day. No shame either. I am actually quite proud that at 5'3" and 115 pounds I can pack in that many calories. So op, no worries. I know you aren't worried but really. If I can eat an estimated 10000 calories in a day and still come out of it unscathed, you can eat the delicious pork meats and applesauces and come out of it unscathed as well!
  • tegalicious
    Options
    2ugz6l4.jpg

Pig :heart: is there anything on it you can't eat?

I would think the hoofs would be a little too crunchy for my human teeth...
  • benefiting
    Options
    So I logged my pork as Pork - Fresh, loin, whole, cooked, roasted. I'd appreciate it if someone could find the same type of thing but in raw to see if it differs. I had the crackling on it. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    There's probably an entry for raw, but the weight isn't the same when raw or cooked, so it's not going to help you.
  • HappyStack
    Options
    You can't use the raw entry when the meat is cooked though (like, you know, when you cook for more than one person). So you pick whatever is the most accurate...

She seems to know how much she ate, though. Makes me think she weighed it accurately and/or cooked a certain amount and ate the whole thing (we've all been there, lol).

But I'm leery of the database entries here, because I'm not American and because this is an American website, truth be told... and pork loin in the US is often tenderloin, if I remember rightly, which is a much leaner cut of pork than we call pork loin in the Commonwealth.
    Plus, the entry says nothing about crackling (pork rind) and if she had a significant amount of that on top of the cut of loin, I would wager a guess it's fairly close calorie-wise... there's a few hundred calories in a pretty small portion of crackling.
  • benefiting
    Options
    There's probably an entry for raw, but the weight isn't the same when raw or cooked, so it's not going to help you.

I was basing the weight from when it was raw though.
  • notwithoutsalt
    notwithoutsalt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Carry on as if yesteray never happened. I am impressed that you logged your calories. I most likely ate the same at some point, but i never had the courage to face it. You're great :)
  • HappyStack
    Options

Trotters are good, though!

11maxbb.jpg

Stuffed pig's trotter with black pudding (pig's blood) and chestnut stuffing.

Mmmmm.
  • benefiting
    Options
    If it helps my father (who cooked it) told me it was 1.6KG raw. I ate 1/3 of that hence I had 1.06kg of it and that's how I figured how much I ate.
  • benefiting
    Options
    Carry on as if yesteray never happened. I am impressed that you logged your calories. I most likely ate the same at some point, but i never had the courage to face it. You're great :)

Thanks! I wasn't planning to log today but I wanted to see how much protein was in the pork I believe and then I was surprised with the calories and logged everything! I thought I only went over by a little but man oh man was I wrong!
  • HappyStack
    Options
    1/3 of 1.6kg is about 533g.

Are you sure you worked this out right?
  • benefiting
    Options
    1/3 of 1.6kg is about 533g.

Are you sure you worked this out right?

Ops, meant 2/3. Sorry. :P
  • tegalicious
    Options

Trotters are good, though!

11maxbb.jpg

Stuffed pig's trotter with black pudding (pig's blood) and chestnut stuffing.

Mmmmm.

The things I miss out on being an American :(